Default Hey, KK, want some more money?

Ok, so BP is heavily in the works, everyone is talking about it and how KK is now basically working on it and not on NC. Well... this is just to say that is KK release a simple patch that boosts melee by 5% damage, and maybe burst rifles/pistols by the same amount, then i would sign up my two accounts for another 3 months until christmas.

I know from reading thread after thread after thread that most people want this change because it would make the game more balanced. I don't want Nid's Hammer of nerfage on anything else, and i don't want a stupid boost like i've seen time after time. Only a 5% increase in damage and i would return to this game.

Thing is i don't understand how it's been this long without such a simple little patch. Do it, KK, and you get more money. Simple as that.

I'm posting this on the forum to guage other peoples reactions. Would anyone else inactive come back for this? Anyone else have something to add?

Parallax/Equinox

Increase melee and make the characters look good
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Ok its Done! NOW RETURN

You sure?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Creating a patch is not just "Click a button here, write some lines of code there and done!". The whole process needs much more time than you can imagine.

The balancing is still an important topic for us and we will proceed with that as soon as possible.
    "Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly *why* the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

What about the ugly player characters? We're so ugly and buggy

Oh I'm sorry... it's only been about 3 months. Not enough time at all...

Maybe the coders you hired to make the Neocron arcade game could help. Or the ones you've hired for Black Prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickles
    Oh I'm sorry... it's only been about 3 months. Not enough time at all...
    in this 3 months, BP is/was in progress, and the whole next content patch. And if - according to Snowcrash words - a "tiny patch" would cost much resources, so how much resources would a pig patch require?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    Maybe the coders you hired to make the Neocron arcade game could help. Or the ones you've hired for Black Prophecy.
    .. and these Coders have to get an substantiated insight into the foreign Code. This is not an easy part and especially not done within some days.

Before you flame me - remember, that i'm a paying customer myself. I'm also unhappy about the postponement of the content patch, but we should not do a so called "naive fallacy".
    Satzzeichen absichtlich wegzulassen ist gegenüber dem Leser eine grobe Unhöflichkeit, da es das Lesen des Textes massiv erschwert.

Banned User

i coded a game once... i believe i named it..... wow

anyone know if people still play it? DDD

i coded a naughts and crosses game, it was cool

I used a piece of software called 3D game maker and made a game called Spank the Monkey. You played a monkey called Spank, who was defending his home from poachers in all it's 3D glory.

You collected bananas that exploded in a white mist

Quote Originally Posted by Zefrian
    in this 3 months, BP is/was in progress, and the whole next content patch. And if - according to Snowcrash words - a "tiny patch" would cost much resources, so how much resources would a pig patch require?
    .. and these Coders have to get an substantiated insight into the foreign Code. This is not an easy part and especially not done within some days.

Before you flame me - remember, that i'm a paying customer myself. I'm also unhappy about the postponement of the content patch, but we should not do a so called "naive fallacy".
    I assume when you say pig patch you mean big patch? I'm just asking for something relatively simple. The weapons in this game were meant to put into some sort of system that enabled easy changing of figures for damage, freq etc to make it easier for the balancing process. That was meant to have happened like a year ago? Maybe more? Dunno... Anyway this means that what i am asking for and what many others are asking for is surely NOT a big deal. I'm not asking to rewrite code, just replace a value for damage in each melee weapon, let's say, with one that is 5% higher. Simple calculation, simple replacement.

No knock-on effects apart from a step closer to a balanced game. There aren't even that many melee weapons, would take someone what a couple hours at the most? It's changed, patch it, put it up on servers. Couple days?

If you have all your major coders working hard on BP, then please just pull one off to work on this small patch (I'm not saying the Content patch, just this change) and i will bring you 2 x 3 months subscription.

If you ever get round to the faction change patch then i'll be definitely be here to see that through.

Red face

id say give us choice of using old NC1 player models. and the old Color changer working again.

cos that used to rock being able to change the color of ur tops and trowsers.

which they would affect your PA colors. also. i remember seeing black monks. and Pink PE´s , cyan tanks.

NC For Free!

Guys for people have programmed here and there. If I'm correct these guys don't even know the code. There still learning what the hell half of it was. Not only that they have to rewrite like half the section they need to change just to make something work right..

For example while most people may have run and programmed emulators like me. The fact is they prob don't have a config file or a simple way to just edit a 50% to a 60% who knows how they did it.

The best thing is to wait till 2009
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast