Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Really do love the sound of this game, i just hope it doesnt have the same sort
    of skill setup as eve...as in waiting 2 hours - 2 months for a skill to train.

SiL ..:..

Quote Originally Posted by sanityislost
    Really do love the sound of this game, i just hope it doesnt have the same sort
    of skill setup as eve...as in waiting 2 hours - 2 months for a skill to train.

SiL ..:..

Agreed, eve is fucking shat in the skill system department. *Is waiting for a few hours for Mining Barge 3, and Electronics 5 (FOR MY STEALTHBOMBER YEAH!)*
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    I agree with drib here...if i wanted to click a bunch of buttons to try to kill someone id go play WoW

(Clicking orbit, F1-F8 or sommet and waiting)
    Well I dont, EVE is not like WoW... Granted its not running around like in Neocron, but that dosnt mean its not good... That just means its not FPS based - the skill in EVE is learning how to make good setups, and knowing how to use them. In other words, stop looking at *just* what you do durring PVP, its what you do leading up to it (IE: Setting up your ship correctly). EVEs can actually be a lot more complicated than WoW, IMO anyway.

And yea, the skill system is quite annoying, personally, they should add queues but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Anyway, not really on topic, so yea, im done
    Last edited by CoreInsanity; 20-08-07 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    I agree with drib here...if i wanted to click a bunch of buttons to try to kill someone id go play WoW

(Clicking orbit, F1-F8 or sommet and waiting)
    If BP is FPS combat, that would set it apart from EvE. Right now in EvE, you attack someone you are more or less committed to attacking that person - you can't always break away quickly to attack another target.

So are you saying you wouldn't want moddable ships and clan stations because those features are in Eve?

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    So are you saying you wouldn't want moddable ships and clan stations because those features are in Eve?
    I think they are just asking why they should play this game rather than EvE.
    I hope the answer is ful ship control (i'm hoping that a joystick would suit controls well) and some kind of clan-level missions.

Not at all, like CMaster said, I mainly want to know what the plans are to separate it from EVE.

I wont choose to play a game or not based off a very short description like the one that was given, or even if it sounds like another game I play.

But if it does come out, and its basically an EVE replica as far as Combat / leveling (Skill Training type thing) / EVE Style modular combat and all that goes, I will be disappointed. But I do not think that will be the case.

Personally, id love to be able to walk around a ship, dock on a station and get off, walk around that too. Have Neocron FPS style combat on stations, ship raids (They disable your engines / weapons, break onto the ship via a docking port and it turns into Black Prophecies version of an OP War), same for stations. That would be truly unique, having to make a character, and a ship setup, being able to do ship vs ship and player vs player combat.

While im not expecting it to be that, it would be cool

The fact sheet wasn't too clear about this, so:
    BP features fast-paced action combat with full ship control.

woot, that is all

In your view how much cost the Neocron copyright?
    I will win to Euromillions and purchase the Neocron copyright.
    And i will make of Neocron what you dream.

P.S: Zenin you pouvoir répondre when i envoye PM or tu voit pas PM ?
    yourou le chouchou pa de jaloux mon choux

Haven't i been asking this the whole thread? Fucking SEX to you Mr. Thanatos! NOW HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT SO I CAN GET MY FUCKING SUBSCRIPTION IN!
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeedster
    K Odin, but one question for u:

Shouldnt your paying customers have the right to see the money spent in the game being used to develop this further? So that the annoying things will be fixed?

Why do we pay for THIS game if u dewds making another one, letting NC die/rot?

greetz
    If they didn't invest money in writing new game, KK would close and NC would close a lot sooner. After the running costs of NC are paid for, the profits from NC is used to invest into the new game. (Let's assume KK did or is making a profit on NC)

Eventually NC is going to bring in less money or make a loss because people stop playing it, but by then Black Prophecy would bring in money and make a profit. The profit would then be used to counter the losses that NC is making, or even give fresh investment for further enhancements or maybe NC3.

So the devs keep their jobs a little longer, and we get to say on these forums how great KK is a little longer!

Edit: Ok where did that post go?
    Edit2: Found it - The forum feature's last unread post is tripping me up. Doh!
    Last edited by Brammers; 20-08-07 at 17:55.

Just to get this clear, so i can then start preaching the good word and run about shouting 'Squee'. When you say 'BP features fast-paced action combat with full ship control.' are you talking full 1st/3rd person combat, trigger/mouse driven attacks.... basically.. Neocron gameplay as a space ship?

Just to make things clear as clear can be.

Ash Watts wants YOU. Join eXL! Fega's Avatar

I'm wishing that it will allow you to get out of your ship aswell, that would make me drool

ˇƃuıɥʇou

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    If they didn't invest money in writing new game, KK would close and NC would close a lot sooner. After the running costs of NC are paid for, the profits from NC is used to invest into the new game. (Let's assume KK did or is making a profit on NC)

Eventually NC is going to bring in less money or make a loss because people stop playing it, but by then Black Prophecy would bring in money and make a profit. The profit would then be used to counter the losses that NC is making, or even give fresh investment for further enhancements or maybe NC3.
    Remember that developers get funded while games are in pre-release. The effort going into BP is probably has a lot higher price tag than the profits from NC. Then there will be the setup costs once it goes beta/retail.

I presume 10T are footing the dev costs?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast