Thread: Merge servers!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl
    i agree with the threadstarter

but servermerge only with a good working charaktertransfer!

It''s only good for you as you can speak Both languages you tart, for people who are English only (like me and pretty much everyone i know) or german only will get totally pissed when theres a big bunch of Germans speaking German in the help channel vise versa for the English, Though two help channels, English and German help channels would highly be advised
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Could you imagine the "SPEAK ENGLISH NOOB" and the "SPEAK GERMAN NOOB" arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by silent000
    Next it will be 'Bring back NC1'
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Dude. you forgot the Nerf para thread that comes after server merge and then comes the nerf monks thread. then its the bring back nc1 threads.
    Okay, I'll get this one going ........ Bring back NC1 AND nerf para !!!

Can't do the nerf monks thing tho.......see avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vryce
    Okay, I'll get this one going ........ Bring back NC1 AND nerf para !!!

Can't do the nerf monks thing tho.......see avatar.
    Dunno mate your avatar looks preety mental, i wudn't like to meet you in the dark alleys of plaza

I think a merger, if done properly, would be good. Then again, i wouldnt like to piss off the 20 or so people on the other servers

A merge would never happen for several relatively understandable reasons. What should've happened with 2.2 was a complete server wipe except for your gogo. Then create one clean universal server with 4 slots with all characters. Vets could then import up to 4 characters, who would also be 0/2, but would have their gogo full of whatever they left the old server with.

But as always, people care too much about stuff so it would've never happened. Heaven forbid we have a full server with people leveling, fighting, and OP warring like we used to

the problem already starts with the number of slots

Quote Originally Posted by -FN-
    Heaven forbid we have a full server with people leveling, fighting, and OP warring like we used to
    We've never had a condition like that. A subset of people powerlevel to cap (yes, it's still possible, even in 2.2) within a few days of server wipe and at the end of the week we're back to status quo.

Wipes only hurt those of us who accumulate items and BPs over time.

Oh, and merges don't work.

Why some of you compare this to "bring back NC1" things? I dont wanna bring it back. That is never going to happen. All i need now to NC, is more players. Without players, im going to change game, when there is bigger one available. Currently there is nothing that can be even compared to NC. Its simply the best and from what i have seen, theres nothing coming atleast this year ( except Conan MMO ).

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface
    Could you imagine the "SPEAK ENGLISH NOOB" and the "SPEAK GERMAN NOOB" arguments?
    Didn't that happen a-lot on Uranus anyway, i seem to remember us regularly having smacktalk arguments with ze germans lol

While i don't agree with a merger of all the servers i think they should be chopped down to a 1 slot rp style server (your char rep is everything then) and a 4 slot regular server and shouldnt differ by language just by name, support should be offered in all languages on all servers imo.

and the above, for a-lot of people neocron was really at its peak in nc1 before they altered things we used to have jam packed zones of people everywhere, pkers could pk because there was people to pk the pker. mB was full, cyc caves always had a group running em, Ops were unlocked and leveling was much easier...

ALso kk tend to do a-lot of things to drive people away, sometimes they release whats looks to be a great patch, then a week later they nerf that new feature to the point of no return and leave it and wtf didnt they email anyone about the trial? i had to spot it on xfire as i was about to check my wow hours.
    I wouldnt the long synch time fixed so i can actually fight on zonelines without worrying about a fre or spawning in the middle of some next zone or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LTA
    Ops were unlocked and leveling was much easier...

2 of the best features of nc1. those changes would be nice in 2.2 to make it similar. of course thats just personal opinion and i can live without it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Arrow

The only way the servers will ever be merged without people whining about all their items is if people are given the option initially to transfer their characters to a pre-determined 'destination' server and for people to want to perform that migration in the first place.

With 2.2 even I realised that an even bigger majority of my items had become more trivial, or maybe that's with just not entering 95% of my apartments often. Because of this I even emptied two of them after getting a few newbies to stand there picking everything up as I dumped everything on the floor. In 2.2 you no longer need to have the 4 or 5 slot Shelter with the absolute best stats, or the completely artifact weapons, but they are a nice thing to have of course. You can make do with just a one or two slot weapon with not particularly great stats and still get good use out of it.

You could argue that this was the case before 2.2 in some respects, but I think it's even more true now than it was then. The point is though, minus the few rares and the apartment full of tech parts, expensive stacks of weapons parts, blueprints, and the other few things, most of our items when you think about it are worth crying over even less than before. The main thing would be our current character experience, inventory and cash supply so we can quickly get playing on the destination server.

The Test Server showed that merging a lot of English, German and French players together won't just result in a flaming war with ****************** popping up as the typical insult fodder. There's already quite a lot of Germans and French on Terra as it is and thankfully you don't see that sort of thing often.

Now in the year 2007, people have hopefully realised it's quite pathetic to try and bring those past events into their insults, or even carry on speaking about it in the way they did. I'm guessing this is possibly one of the main reasons behind Reakktor not really wanting to think about merging the population together, even if it's done gradually. The other reason of course being if the servers could actually handle the merged population.

Perhaps after so many years of people coming and going, creating usernames and clans, it's about time to a fresh server should be created (or Neptune re-used?) that people have the option to eventually migrate or initially copy their characters to. Runner and clan names would be freed up, which might ease up some of the load on the server when accessing that mass of information on a regular basis, and perhaps end up making things a tiny bit more stable for us, who knows.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

Well, many runner here, is in "fear" that help is flooded with English and german speak and racism.. Maybe new channel would help, English help, German help. All the ****************** talk and such.. IF there would be only one server, that would mean that GM's would be lot more online ( Theres many of em and now they would be on same server ) and therefor they could monitor chat more often. ****************** comments are normal at Terra too, but when someone is trhowing racistic comments, GM's should notice it. (In paradice, yeah )..

Anyways.. i know this is dreaming and its mostly MY dream.. but you can always hope, right?
    If there would be new server ( no matter what ruleset ((as long as its not RP only )), i would move there. Right away. Abandon everything i have on terra ( Im not filthy rich, but i have 4 chars with full items, everything i need for em).

So, new FRESH server, woulb please me too.. but it only scatters ppl more.. .. i dunno..

WE ARE DOOMED!!

-jk

Critinator

Quote Originally Posted by CritiNator
    Well, many runner here, is in "fear" that help is flooded with English and german speak and racism.. Maybe new channel would help, English help, German help. All the ****************** talk and such..
    What ****************** talk? I spent a month or so on Mars or Mercury (whatever the four slot German server is). Didn't see any "******************" talk. I saw one German annoyed that people were speaking english and reported him. Helpdesk said they'd take care of it.

I also don't see a reason for separate language help channels. Help is for player-to-player help. It has nothing to do with GMs. Just ignore the languages you don't speak. Works fine on Terra, and we have plenty of Germans and Frenchies.[quote]IF there would be only one server, that would mean that GM's would be lot more online ( Theres many of em and now they would be on same server )[/quoteHuh? Maybe on Mars/Mercury, but it would have zero impact on Terra.
    and therefor they could monitor chat more often.
    Again, no impact on Terra.
    ****************** comments are normal at Terra too,
    I rarely hear ****************** comments the hours I play.
    but when someone is trhowing racistic comments, GM's should notice it. (In paradice, yeah )..
    Don't care. It's a game. We have an ignore feature. I use it, or I turn off channels when things get stupid.
    So, new FRESH server, woulb please me too.. but it only scatters ppl more.. .. i dunno..
    "fresh" or "wiped" servers are a falicy. The same groups of powerleveling people will once again reach MC5-hunting status inside a week and once again recover all their items, clan affiliations, and ops. If you wanted a weekly wipe, why bother playing an MMO?

Why are you attacking me?
    I mentioned in my last post, that this is just my dream.

One big server, where ALL neocron players are.
    I dont care about different languages, becouse english is not my main, in case you havent noticed , as i said, that was what OTHERS were thinking.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast