Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Yutani
    No one said you couldnt buy your own ad and put it up for Neocron. I dont think that's illegal or anything.
    I'm sure there's a copyright issue and a plethora of legal issues about non-constented ad campaigns in KK's name.

i won't get into a pissing/dribbling match with you but i would think its fair use just like an ad for asswipes in a supermarket circular or a link to NC on an online review.

But whatever, my point is, if you really want to make something happen, you could do alot wihtout involving KK, who probably dont have the time and money
    ====Need Help?====
    Construction Guide
    Connection Guide
    ================
    Game Philosopher

I'm not getting into a pissing match . I'd just not spend £50 on advertising NC and then get sued by 10T/KK .

Anyway, I'm going to look into it, both in getting an ad space and getting into contact with KK about any legall issues they may have with me doing it.

Thumbs down

neocron was probably my favorite game of all time.

it's too bad that noone plays.

i've gotten tired of waiting for more players, and it just doesn't seem to be happening. i won't be resubscribing anytime soon, yes, despite the all new fantastic paypal option.

I'd just not spend £50 on advertising NC and then get sued by 10T/KK .
    yeah but maybe if you got sued, then KK would have enough money to hire an extra programmer or two

I have a friend who works at askjeeves, which owns all sorts of advertising avenues on the net. I'll drop him a line and see how we could get some attention.

I was just thinking, if KK does have a problem with it, we could always just advertise a fan site, like the wiki page or THN. That would indirectly attract customers.
    ====Need Help?====
    Construction Guide
    Connection Guide
    ================
    Game Philosopher

I was just thinking, if KK does have a problem with it, we could always just advertise a fan site, like the wiki page or THN. That would indirectly attract customers.
    Warn if you decide to spend £50 to advertise the THN on Pennyarcade.

brammers, what would you rather have, bandwidth bills or low pops?? huh?? you cant have your cake and eat it too
    ====Need Help?====
    Construction Guide
    Connection Guide
    ================
    Game Philosopher

It's actually you cant eat your cake and have it to Brammers for president

brammers, what would you rather have, bandwidth bills or low pops?? huh?? you cant have your cake and eat it too
    The Bandwidth is what I worry about a bit on the THN, since it's a shared server between 15 users, and I'm the 1 user who eats most of the Bandwidth used on the server.

However what I'm trying to say in my previous post is, I would do is tweak the front page a little so anyone coming to the THN would see page X with lots of "OMFG NC is so cool - play it now!"

I think the best way to get people, en masse into the game would be a F2P area. The cities of DoY and NC - all free to play. it would generate the thirst for adventure, to go beyond the exit. Also, the cities would be full, and tradeskillers would be plentiful.

I havent thought of any bad points yet... OK, maybe something about loads of noobs running around and talking crap , stealing items etc.. but hell, its better than the tumbleweed rolling by...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12