Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

The reason for PPU/player is because people want to win, at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    The reason for PPU/player is because people want to win, at all costs.
    Theres too many of the feckers, if itd be more fun and gain to play an offensive char in op wars, that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire222
    Get this changed back:

OLD INSTARELOAD, old heals, remove UG and genrep locks, remove sl, extra slot solely for LE (and once u take it out it stays out), no safezones, old drop system (1 item to floor in qb no safeslot), higher rarepart droprate (to balance with the rares dropping in belts), fixed "ghostcasting" and other bugs, class balancing, old Faction relations, faster factionswitching and sideswitching, and lots of other fixes, and nc would be much better pvp wise. Offcourse lots of those things are "nonrealistic" and "strange", but if they make the game fun, why the need to change.

For me and lots of people (see old early NC1 playercount versus nowadays playercount), the oldskool hardcore PVP oriented neocron was way more fun.

Oh and:

New GOOD payment processor, but i see thats being worked on.

Bugs, the ppu/player ratio is connected to Antibuff, and removal of HolyCathSanc [bragmode]was first ppu to have that one on Pluto tbh[/bragmode] when that wasn't ingame you didnt need as many ppu's
    ...agreed 100%
    ¦]

cylon smells

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya
    cylon smells
    Go make your movie nub :P
    ¦]

damn dont remember it

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    People did exactly the same thing at the Pepper Park zoneline back in the day. There are few safe zones left in the game but those that remain will always be exploited by those that are of a mind to do so.

N
    Not so much. I'd often sit in pp1 with people, only we'd be out by the club. People had a chance to get in, and room to move.

remove UG.
    Yeah, It's pretty dumb. I want a fight, not a bunch of tards spamming a UG.

drop system (1 item to floor in qb no safeslot), higher rarepart droprate (to balance with the rares dropping in belts),
    That would be pretty nice. People would have to actually go out and hunt again. As it is now, people have their shit, and won't lose it. I'd like to see shit like how MB used to be. You'd go out to the bunker and see 15-25 people out their leveling.

Cool

In short, this game SHOULD Be like it was originally meant to be a "post-apocalyptic cyberpunk mmofpsrpg", without the whiney stuff about pk runs in mb and people not being able to level, A LE is totally weird roleplay wise even, how can an implant prevent people from attacking you, again would balance itself, coz areas like MC5 and MB would be contested territory, and many capped characters would be running around there.

Op wars effectively got FUCKED UP by two things: UG lock, and Genrep lock, 3 layer hacking and hacknet is fine, but the ability for the defending party to go back in the ug, spawn there and so on, just screwed up op wars, people used to genrep En-Masse to a nearby op, then get geared and walk to the op that was being hacked, that was fun to do, and gave awesome-o fights (Pluto 8 hour Soliko anyone????), that has all been gone, thanks to the need of "realism" or some other things.

Ug lock also created a safe haven for clans to make their HQ, which is actually a bad thing, because thats what the Clan Appartments are for, and theyd tradeskill there after lost opfights, reimplant, repair, so on, which is in turn bade for overall tradeskill, anyone remember the good old days where after an op war that ended 20 people genrepped to plaza 1??? "20 people in plaza 1 looking for TL115 poker!!"

The current faction lock also makes things worse, there was absolutely nothing wrong with factionhopping in NC1, hell it was exactly rite with the 300k fee, and the npc killing for the sympathy, doing missions to switch to a faction is an option for roleplayers, but in a game like neocron used to be, it was completely viable to gank npc's, if people didnt agree, theyd come into the corresponding HQ and kick your ass, which resulted in big fights inside faction HQ's, which in turn wasn't all that bad...

TBH pull out the NC1 server, make a bunch of characters (normal tanks, pe's, apus fully capped not overcapped) with all of KK, and go inside NF deck 5 for a few hours, bet it'll do the staff lots of good, since most the things i've seen in terms of staff actually playing neocron, would be limited to "i have a roleplaying constructor on Terra which is sometimes log", which is nice and good, but i think it wouldn't hurt to explore the pvp side of things, staff wise, if that was done, the incredible mistake of "fixing reload exploit" in the release of NC 2.1 would NOT have happened, if it'd be asked before implementing, i doubt anyone who has ever fought or even killed another player, with a weaponbearing character, would find it not to be a totally debalancing change, the effects are still clearly shown, and as said and proven in lots of posts, it only takes 1 to 2 seconds to reload a gun, not 5, and it made things a lot worse for gunbearers VS Apu's.
    Last edited by Vampire222; 03-05-06 at 22:27.

hi do i count as a vet ?
    Silkk-retired
    Kazzam-retired
    Ding Dong-retired
    FingerS-retired
    officialy signed of neocron 14/11/2004
    pimpin your mutha since 1985

i just like to say shout out to anyone i used to know recognised a few peoples names.most of phoenix(cm super clan on saturn) still play al'akir world of warcraft eu realm under the clan name Phased(alliance) so feel free to logon and say hi to my wow char:Lambert
    Silkk-retired
    Kazzam-retired
    Ding Dong-retired
    FingerS-retired
    officialy signed of neocron 14/11/2004
    pimpin your mutha since 1985

Somewhere far far away from you that you dont even know about

I suppose I'll give a shout-out to my current game of choice. Auto Assault. If any of you guys are on that, I'm on Wastelands by the name of Lorenkeen. And, even though I stopped playing, WoW: Lorenkeen on Feathermoon. Got a NE Rogue up to 40, got my mount and decided I was lazy. But anyway...

Having recently finished a Trial account, I'd say my biggest gripe is that for all the changes in the past few years, Neocron hasn't changed in many areas that count. I still had problems with Endless Synch, Fatal Runtime Errors, every drone bug I used to have in NC1... Not to mention there was hardly ever anyone on. I remember in the first year or so of NC1 you could run into Plaza 1 in front of Medicare and find 20 or so people selling, buying or offering some service.

I did find a few things that I liked though. Notably the Mr. Jones mission(s) and the new small areas added for those. The new vegetation in the wastelands is nice, but it'd be nice if there was a way to turn it off. Sometimes I could never see where I was going. I liked that Regent's Legacy was finally opened, though it'd have been cooler to make it another Tech Haven like place.. Speaking of Tech Haven, I like that it's a neutral place now, but it feels like it lost that old charm it used to have.

I eventually got used to the new RPOS, but the text was too small and difficult to read. It'd be nice to have an option to make it larger.
    As much as I would've liked to open a regular account and transfer my old NC1 characters (assuming they still exist), I just couldn't justify the cost with the problems I had. I know I'd probably start off, get frustrated and bored, then stop playing after a month or two. So, as I've been doing for the last year and a half or so,, I'll continue to lurk. Hopefully one day...
    I love it when a plan comes together.

You seen the inside of Regants? They shouldve let it remained closed, instead of releasing it as bugged up piece of sh*t, correct me if it's not bugged, but more exciting due to the weird damage and lack of damage, the inhabitants do.

Ah, the amazing evo 2.1 patch, i recall talking to a dev and listing a whole lot of problems, bugs and safespots and getting this answer:

"Hey, most of it works, doesn't it?"

I'd love to be able to tell my boss something like that without getting kicked out into the street 30 mins later.

uh well if you'd list all the "changes" in Devo 2.1 i bet more than HALF of it isn't properly working/debugged/balanced, so the guy was lieing to you.

Oh and downgrade the guards, they should be killable by a good player, coz it's bs you can't pvp in places like pp1 properly coz someone is hostile to the guards present, and theyll shoot (and pwned if not Holy s/d'ed).
    Last edited by Vampire222; 04-05-06 at 11:40.