I stay in the canyons

Quote Originally Posted by eprodigy
    i'm just wondering.. what is the point ?

this is not really much of a balance change (or even a change at all) ? so he has a bit more agility and uses a tool instead of a spell for healing ?
    IMHO tanks dont need a big balance change (other classes need to be balanced), so i dont really agree with you. And, the less psi (magic IMHO) ingame the better.
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

Really depends on implementation, I like the idea of streamlining in the class to be more combat efficient. The instant vs having to stop and cast is going to help the tanks who worrie about speed a lot, especially if you can load the injector with like 10 or so. With fixing applied resists all resists this should help put tanks back where they belong as the main wet work guy.

-A

Santa "WantaFantaGrope" Boob Heavyporker's Avatar

I don't know... heal tool for the gentank sucks, in my opinion.

Why not just give Gentanks a natural healing ability, say, like 1 hp a second, much better than the other classes natural 1 hp every 10 seconds?

And why all into DEX? Why not 5 DEX and 5 INT?

Then they'd be closer to being able to drive a couple of the bigger vehicles without imping/drugging up so much... and still become a fair bit better at using pistols.

Escuse me... 80 dex for a tank? Thats the same as a PE... I am not against it, but if tomrow, beeing a tank with a judge is viable, then i want to be a PE using a ravager, or a Blade of Ceres viably!

What would be the sense of beeing a PE, if tomorow, a tank can use mid rare PC and RC weapons...

The PE would loose its speciality...

So if that happens, if a tank gets 80 to Dex, do something to the PE's Skills... Increase STR a good deal... 10 or 15 points. Or give something to the PE so it has something special still ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Archa Ic
    Escuse me... 80 dex for a tank? Thats the same as a PE... I am not against it, but if tomrow, beeing a tank with a judge is viable, then i want to be a PE using a ravager, or a Blade of Ceres viably!

What would be the sense of beeing a PE, if tomorow, a tank can use mid rare PC and RC weapons...

The PE would loose its speciality...

So if that happens, if a tank gets 80 to Dex, do something to the PE's Skills... Increase STR a good deal... 10 or 15 points. Or give something to the PE so it has something special still ^^
    He gets his dex, but lacks the access to other skills and imps to make him worthwhile. It's fine, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER
    yes but with 10 more dex they will be xbow tanks i nealy had 60 million over cap in dex on my old tank and with the plus to dex they will be able to get a good damage on it. will they ????

They might be able to use a judge, but then they wouldn't have the same defencive abilities as a PE, so they only might work in teams.

80 Dex seems a bit high - There are loads of chips with Dex reqs that +INT - So you can now have a Rhino driver/gunner all in one package (not saying thats a bad thing, just saying what will happen).

Also, all DEX imps gives DEX 107 - Thats a one drug set up for a HL using Tank (although Wep Lore might give them a problem).

That being said, if you remove 10 from PSI its got to go somewhere - and adding it to INT brings on a whole new set of issues.

I have one idea... But thats going to be easy to cap... But it in Cons! 110 in cons ! Or give all tanks a bonus +50 points at creation. That would balance it.

Cut from the stolen Picture... msdong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eprodigy
    ...this is not really much of a balance change (or even a change at all) ? so he has a bit more agility and uses a tool instead of a spell for healing ?
    with the possible changes of the tank to get more damage the heal tool is pretty cool because you can use it on others and i guess its much better them a usual tank heal.

imo i would prefer to see stim packs with decent heal, not quite instand but with a very fast rate. a gap between uses, and over dependance on them would result in a drug flash

i dont like the extra points going into dex. but thers not realy much choice

what about meele tanks though... there int would go into what? hack?

maby increase dex by 5 and int by 5

then up wep lore needed for heavy weapons by 25% to compensate alowing meele tanks to become adiquate hackers =\

also making the 30 int needed to drive the better vhcs a little easyer to obtain and lower belts easyer to use (even with the int penelties)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    "omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

Account not active yet

Quote Originally Posted by awkward silence
    IMHO tanks dont need a big balance change (other classes need to be balanced), so i dont really agree with you. And, the less psi (magic IMHO) ingame the better.
    i actually agree, but my point was; this doesn't change them so why do it? But yeah less PSI could only be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by msdong
    with the possible changes of the tank to get more damage the heal tool is pretty cool because you can use it on others and i guess its much better them a usual tank heal.
    mabye i'm missing your point but.. you can use a heal spell on others and according to thanatos "The amount would however be smaller than what a similar heal module would heal over time" ?

Registered SexOffender

Ok, so you have apparently decided to take away all psi.
    Whatever you do don’t put any of those points to INT, those points would be useful for just about 5 min / day (hacking or low lvl poke or something else daft). While, increase in DEX would be something tanks would have use of just about all the time when out leveling or at pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyporker
    I don't know... heal tool for the gentank sucks, in my opinion.

Why not just give Gentanks a natural healing ability, say, like 1 hp a second, much better than the other classes natural 1 hp every 10 seconds?

And why all into DEX? Why not 5 DEX and 5 INT?

Then they'd be closer to being able to drive a couple of the bigger vehicles without imping/drugging up so much... and still become a fair bit better at using pistols.
    Great idea i think the same a natural heal ability that regens HP and depend on the base CON skill of the tank.
    Something like 5hp/sec for a fully cap CON tank. (1hp/sec for every 20 CON lvs.)

If compared to right now ingame if you give tanks the hp regen they would be overpowered, but not even that much.

More INT as well as more DEX is the way to go.

...this is not really much of a balance change (or even a change at all) ? so he has a bit more agility and uses a tool instead of a spell for healing ?
    Coudlnt say it any better.

The tank needs a FUNDAMENTAL change (as well as other classes) that will make him better then a spy with high CON and HC weapons.

HP REGEN !!!!!!
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

There are two things in this idea:
    1. the heal tool idea:
    instant healing upto a certain amount of regeneration is apealing but needs a lot of ballancing, since it adds directly to overall health pool, and on demand
    2. You remove psi, a somewhat useless feature on a tank, but giving in dex which is a very usefull thing. For instance, the return of the pistol tank, or since now psu is not needed maybe drones (kamis) and the like. These were never meant for tanks

80? Im sure tanks would love it but itsnt that overkill ? ...i was thinking more like to INT.. thats 50 more skill points to work with under INT which caps at what now? 20 ?

"A mad man on tha run"

---------------------------

Vaden: **/67 PE

Sorcerer: **/59 MNK

Havoc: **/60 Spy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast