Well tbh KK back in NC1 were ok for stuff like this, my char got deleted (due to log-in lag lol) so they first said no, then they thought about it, then they rolled back my char and gave me him back but with no apps and nothin but what i had on me, so that was pritty cool tbh cos i you can allways get new items but xp...

Shouldnt have roll backs tbh but if your going to play when the server is having probs and is going to have to roll back then its your own falut for playing

Rollbacks are to be expected however unpopular they are. If you want regular patches then you have to accept that they cant 100% error check every line of the code for every possibility so every now and again a problem slips in. So do you spend days/weeks and a number of staff tracking the issue and resolving it or correct the code and rollback.

I would generalise that more and more companies are giving 'free days' to your account for downtime and time lost so keep the playerbase sweet, but maybe this just isnt possible for KK with the current payment setup since they cant access it directly and so could be alot of work.

On a different note I do thinks its strange theres no test server that gets the patches a few weeks before there main servers for public testing (unless their is but its just not totally open testing).
    NC1 Player / NC1 Returnee / NC2 Player / NC2 Returnee / NC2+ Returnee

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    With a player base full of cheaters, lamers, and general idiots, they have to be.
    QFT.

Seems people are always complaining about never having something, but the moment a rollback occurs they had about twenty of them.

Although, as said above, this isn't an excuse for rollbacks to keep happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary
    On a different note I do thinks its strange theres no test server that gets the patches a few weeks before there main servers for public testing (unless their is but its just not totally open testing).
    Yep been saying sinse ive come back test server should be up for new patches weeks in advance so we dont get the same amount of bugs that we do get with new patches, dont want to see another "hot fix" tbh

i'd rather have rollbacks than KK leaving the game fucked up which is pretty much the only other option

Bumping old threads is the shit.

Discuss.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Viarossa as CM refuses to build officer quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame
    So what exactly is KK's policy for when rollbacks happen ?

Do we get back our time/money ?

Do you mean? What is KK's policy when Terra gets rolled back? Because they can't track items etc they don't give anything back so basically if you start getting teleported all over the place when syncing, or items start going missing alot, then assume their will be a roll back and don't play till they roll back thus you don't waste your time, then mail Reakktor and ask for a re-fund of the hours you couldn't play.

Edit://
    Quote Originally Posted by giga191
    i'd rather have rollbacks than KK leaving the game fucked up which is pretty much the only other option
    One question though why is it that only Terra rolls back? Or am i just missing all the other server roll back accouncments?

There isn't

- a leveling treatmill
    - a money gaining treatmill
    - an item gathering treatmill

So actually you don't lose much. Nearly everything is available to every char at every single moment. (Hence why i complaining about ppl wanting even more gifting)

A rollback then doesn't take away the time you spent on what you liked to do (=enjoyment)

But a rollback has an incidence on the time spent doing things YOU DONT LIKE.
    Such as lving/cst/ress/loming and a million other things that are NOT pure enjoyment but rather a requirement to be able to 'enjoy' some other things (pvp)

And also having to hck back all our OPs....
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

I lost my Holy energy barrel and Psi attack 2 spells...

They better recover my stuff

The fucking game............ARRRGHHHHHH!
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Quote Originally Posted by Neally
    Think if your case is like you got your characters hacked, and if you explain and ask nicely help, they will roll back your characters. Needs to be proved too.
    dude i dunt care much about teh topic but neally i LUV ur sig >_<

btw: i just saw the rollback annoucenment (havent playd for a bit) but really to the people who complain that the rollback/norefund is bad...

its not.

back in the old days on saturn the rollbacks were multiple days and even weeks >_<

the fact that we're only rollin back for a day is really a HUGE improvement >_<

be grateful
    Last edited by mdares; 27-02-06 at 22:57.
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Well I lost 9 Hrs worth of lvling a new PE in a Rhino, about 40 lvl's worth of exp, 200 free pts to distribute in all skills (except con). Lost around 50 techs gathered while in the rhino, and around 1 mil or so credits. Also my Mr. Jones mission items. I don't even know what to say

You know, For the kids! RentonDraines's Avatar

man you people need to make up your minds.

Either it's all about endgame and everything else is just 2 weeks of capping, in which case you really didn't lose much in a rollback, or it isn't, and you should give the journey from noob to cap a little more love. Honestly all I ever seem to read here is selfishness: if it works for you, anything is great, if it nerfs you at all, BURN THE HERETIC. so why should this be any different? Next you're going to ask KK to refund the $0.38 you lost in time when you had to reskill next time there's a skill wipe.

I love you KK, i love the game, but i'm so tired of the 9 year olds.

</rant>
    Pokes @ Yo's,
    a Shadow Corp company
    Shadow Corporation, FA DoY

9 yrs old dont really worry about wasting time now do they ?

Especialy when any 9 yrs that 'would' play this game would probably not earn the cash needed to pay it.

Its not about the 0.38 cent I pay to play.

Its about the hours ive wasted before the PC doing shit that gets deleted that pisses me off.

Those hours are worth more then 0.38 cents to me.

There is always room for improvement, especialy in customer service.

A cash refund would be ridiculous as you so nicely remarked, but adding time on ur account would make sense . (1 day rollback = 1 day more)

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Kame
    A cash refund would be ridiculous as you so nicely remarked, but adding time on ur account would make sense . (1 day rollback = 1 day more)
    Even if i don't really understand all the ppl who scream "OMG i lost 1203024302 rares and 2^100000 xp!!!!!!ONEONEone", cause that make no sense (you lost things. It's done. Whining wont get those back), i have to agree whith Kame. If KK would make an operation of "refund" to players, that could be nice to ppl who pay and spend time on this game. And who, defenitely, love this game
    Jezebel
    Field Medic - F.I.G.A.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast