Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default RF Online... [OT]

For some reason I was addicted in beta... I've got the box coming on saturday, so it'll make a good sideline to have a crack at while I wait for Evo 2.2 or balancing...

Is anyone else gonna be trying it?

I'll be on the Spirit server, an Accretian warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER
    yes but with 10 more dex they will be xbow tanks i nealy had 60 million over cap in dex on my old tank and with the plus to dex they will be able to get a good damage on it. will they ????

My box should be arriving today 'cause I live in the states. I'm gonna be playing it prolly 'till Twilight War gets it's shit sorted. That or Neocron finally gets it's shit sorted (Heaven help us it finally actually happens ) I only played beta for like 2-3 days but I got up to 25 as a warrior. I didn't wanna grind past that because I pretty much knew everything I needed about the game and didn't wanna burn myself out before I even technically own it.
    Last edited by Demental; 22-02-06 at 16:50.
    Melkaba - Melee Tank
    Demented - HC Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Demental
    My box should be arriving today 'cause I live in the states. I'm gonna be playing it prolly 'till Twilight War gets it's shit sorted. That or Neocron finally gets it's shit sorted (Heaven help us it finally actually happens ) I only played beta for like 2-3 days but I got up to 25 as a warrior. I didn't wanna grind past that because I pretty much knew everything I needed about the game and didn't wanna burn myself out before I even technically own it.
    Found that it wasn't as hard a grind as people seemed to say. the kiddies hated the grind, but it's nowhere near as brutal as getting my tank capped
    yes but with 10 more dex they will be xbow tanks i nealy had 60 million over cap in dex on my old tank and with the plus to dex they will be able to get a good damage on it. will they ????

i think ill get it...i got some cash saved up for shit like this. BELLATO!!!! WOOO!!!! I SHALL FINALLY HAVE MY COMBAT MECHS MJS!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!! lol.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Talking

My self is playing Anarchy Online in wait of 2.2! .p

I played it once before 2years ago for one day, said nc was better, now with maye helping me with stuff we made characters and are having greattimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    i think ill get it...i got some cash saved up for shit like this. BELLATO!!!! WOOO!!!! I SHALL FINALLY HAVE MY COMBAT MECHS MJS!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!! lol.
    It's a shame they're shite. No Exp Gain and they cost a bomb to use. Think very carefully before summoning - escpecially against an accretian warrior/ranger team.

I thought about buying it untill i saw an in-game movie of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohei
    I thought about buying it untill i saw an in-game movie of it...
    Yeah - that put me off too. And seeing as there's no trial to speak of yet - nothing can justify shelling out 18 quid just to try it.

I'm bloody hooked on it though, caution to the wind and whatnot.

Played little of the beta (phase two). The grind is not very well hidden.
    Will be playing it on my preordered copy to get to a high level and do some PvP. Whether or not that will be justified shall have to wait to be seen.

Love the graphics, atmosphere and weapons. Can't wait to see more of it when it goes live. Will definitely be back to NC for the arrival of 2.2 though.

its some kind of manga techno-fantasy right? With all those japanese blade swirls, high jumps, mega-combos, mega-monsters, transformers etc?

or am i wrong?

My friend was just describing me something similiar, "another gay manga final fantasy clone" as he eloquently put it. But maybe its something else. Dunno, i wasnt really listening...

/edit/
    anyways, if theres no trial, maybe someone could get some screenies?
    Any colour you like as long as its black...

Never having played final fantasy i couldnt comment on whether or not RFO is a clone of it.
    It does have a modern Jap manga type feal to it. More cartoony than Neocron [by] a country mile. Combat is auto targetting managed and the spells/ablities are all continuous turnbased.
    It may well sound shit from that description but it does have a certain charm.

i'm just browsing their forum and what i see:
    naked manga girls with huge tits & handsome 15 years old boys with BIG guns (weapons, swords, whatever, its all freudian anyways) then i see transformers and epic battles against air (forcefields) with loads of colours & flashes - definitely not my cup of tea.

but anyways, since their site is completely empty information-wise - what kind of pvp is there?

/edit/ ok now i know enough lol, it really is a japanese manga style mmorpg - its some fucking land of immortal heroes struggling in neverending epic battles for the sake of their own stupidity...
    Last edited by xyl_az; 22-02-06 at 21:23.
    Any colour you like as long as its black...

Quote Originally Posted by xyl_az
    i'm just browsing their forum and what i see:
    almost-naked manga girls & handsome 15 years old boys with BIG guns (weapons, swords, whatever, its all freudian anyways) then i see transformers and epic battles against forcefields with loads of colours & flashes - definitely not my cup of tea.

but anyways, since their site is completely empty information-wise - what kind of pvp is there?
    Thats a piss poor representation to be fair

Combat is WoW style.

PvP - every 8 hours, theres a mass PvP - called a chip war - 3 sided conflict - whoever wins gains mining rigts to an area known as the crag field. Mining obtains minerals, which you refine to obtain building materials and Upgrades, known as talics.

PvP is also available solo, by travelling to any area, and kicking off - you can only attack the other races, and no one may fight in a settlement.

Levelling zones are reasonably well protected by turrets etc, and players are quick to respond.

PvP kils gain Contribution points which can be traded for things, or used to gain one of a few coveted positions, the top ten players of each race have access to special features, such as a special race channel, to address the entire faction. and collaberations with GMs. the rota changes everyday at 12AM when the new top ten players are given thier titles.

The top ten players are decided on Contribution points.

They also recieve other perks, that I do not have any info on, as I didn't quite manage to get to be one. Came close though. It's hard to describe, as a game of this kind isn't my usual cup of tea, but it's immensly enjoyable.

Transformers - are the mechs used by a certain class of the bellato race, called MAU's. They suck

I belive that if they expanded on this game, it has real piotential. There's already been anouncements to add exrra areas, monsters, levels and items.
    Last edited by Spermy; 22-02-06 at 21:26.

The best thing about RF online is it's easy payment methods and how easy it is to actually get yourself in game. It currently has 2 payment methods

WORLDPAY & PAYPAL.

How sweet is that?
    Melkaba - Melee Tank
    Demented - HC Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Demental
    The best thing about RF online is it's easy payment methods and how easy it is to actually get yourself in game. It currently has 2 payment methods

WORLDPAY & PAYPAL.

How sweet is that?
    It was relatively painless.

Worldpay, for the record, are not as lovely as some would thinlk however.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast