Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HP Fluctuation, why?

I have always noticed the hp system in this game seems very.....unstable compared to most health systems. Anyone have any explination for this?

by unstable I mean somtimes dmg is insta healed back to full, you can live at 0 hp, somtimes it seems you loose hp slower than at other times even when being hit by the same atacks.

damage is applied before the servers apply resists... this causes ur hp to shoot back up when resists are taken into account

*-*EDIT*-*

afaik
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    "omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

I really don't like the system tbh, it makes dmg seem sort of un real if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by onero S
    I really don't like the system tbh, it makes dmg seem sort of un real if you know what I mean
    its been like that for as long as i can remember =\

hp bouncing was in nc1... atleast im pritty sure of that =\ i know my memory is patch from far to much drink amonks other things... but everybody i know has got use to hp bouncing... u should try throwing a psi sheild into the mix

heals actualy damage you then totaly mess u up until u relog
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    "omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

I want longer stealth :(

Damage is calculated serverside. Death is serverside.

Anyone remember when death in early NC1 was clientside? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzaki Iejir
    Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.
    Next time we go to war, that's us fucked then

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kot
    Anyone remember when death in early NC1 was clientside? Ouch.

Self-rezzing tanks, w00t
    /Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes #141 & #142
    - Fixed Health Bounce bug when taking damage. (The infamous Yo-Yo bug, most noticable with fall damage.)
    You must be mistaken, that bug was fixed

Quote Originally Posted by -FN-
    You must be mistaken, that bug was fixed

lol if thats the kind of fix we're looking forward to for other things then I can't waight...... the issue definitly is not "fixed"

Code:
    Krupp Factory: The plant is no longer a recreation unit.
    Electric Vibes Club: Some tables in the area are no longer chairs.
    Bum Asylum: The plants are no longer 500nc access fee interfaces.
    K_10: The barrels are no longer chairs.
    K_14: The fence "explosive barrel"removed.
    D_09: floating chair now has its 4 feet on the ground.
    ROFL. Gotta love patch notes. Always something to laugh at.
    Code:
    Fixed damage ratio check for PvP combat. Players can now do up to 15%
    damage to another player without recieving a SL/FS hit. This should
    help with things like a single accidental hit against a teammate. This
    may solve the LE'd runners recieving the hit aswell.
    When hitting someone who's in your team, you won't lose symp/SL when they die anyway.
    Code:
    Fixed Health Bounce bug when taking damage.
    Definitely not fixed.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

by unstable I mean somtimes dmg is insta healed back to full, you can live at 0 hp, somtimes it seems you loose hp slower than at other times even when being hit by the same atacks.
    Two things you may have to know :

- you take less damage from the same weapon when your health is low (starting at approx -50% health). Try it with a Silent Hunter for significant results.

- you usually (seems not to be systematic, or bugged) get better healing from a spell when your health is low (less points per tick). Try healing yourself at nearly full health, and you'll notice how low is your regen (sometimes only 2-3 per tick using a capped TL10 heal).

About insta heal more precisely, I suppose you can experience this when you took damage client side whereas server considered you as covered by someone/something then canceled damages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeninja
    Two things you may have to know :

- you take less damage from the same weapon when your health is low (starting at approx -50% health). Try it with a Silent Hunter for significant results.

- you usually (seems not to be systematic, or bugged) get better healing from a spell when your health is low (less points per tick). Try healing yourself at nearly full health, and you'll notice how low is your regen (sometimes only 2-3 per tick using a capped TL10 heal).

About insta heal more precisely, I suppose you can experience this when you took damage client side whereas server considered you as covered by someone/something then canceled damages.

the effect of this is to make killing somone feel like the game is trying to keep them alive

like the game is trying to keep them alive
    Or like adrenaline is

The nearest thing i can think of that I have experienced to this health bouncing was a long while ago whilst levelling my tank. He'd have mid health then it would drop without being hit then go back up again. I'd register damage from a non existent mob then die.

I submitted a help ticket about this and got a reply that went something along the lines of it being lag.
    I had taken the damage server side but that damaged hadnt reached my client yet. I was advised to keep my HP near top as it would help counter the lag health bounce problem, (which works).

Lag and/or packetloss.

Sometimes the client will simply not get/register the notification that a mob has spawned near you.

I get this very occasionally around Cycrow and MB.

Consequently you unwittingly wander within aggro range, and get followed around by an invisible mob firing invisible shots at you. Sometimes others near you can see it, sometimes it's invisible to all. Zoning/re-logging generally forces a full update, and it then appears.

It's most irritating with Warbots or Terrormaulers that have a parashock effect. Trying to crawl away at a snails pace with no idea if you are heading towards or away from the mob is ... interesting

Quote Originally Posted by ZoVoS
    damage is applied before the servers apply resists... this causes ur hp to shoot back up when resists are taken into account

*-*EDIT*-*

afaik
    Interesting theory, but it can't be that hard to duplicate that code on the client. That way, things would be in sync most of the time because the client would "predict" the damage correctly.
    And if it failed once per 5-10 minutes (bringing the yo-yo back), I think people would forgive KK for that little inaccuracy.
    Ingame: Schneeflittchen (Mars), Evilynne, Shredder and Rabiator on Terra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast