Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

"Fixed not properly functioning Black Dragon Epic reward NPC. The BlackDragon Storage Boss is now handing out the apartment key if you"

"Fixed improperly functioning ..."

You can see that I have too much time on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by zii
    "Fixed not properly functioning Black Dragon Epic reward NPC. The BlackDragon Storage Boss is now handing out the apartment key if you"

"Fixed improperly functioning ..."

You can see that I have too much time on my hands.
    grammar police..

offline-be back later (or not) Fafhrd's Avatar

Question

Anti-Poison, Anti-Shock and Anti-Dmgboost now working in safezones
    I don't see the sense in that. Poison Stacks are removed when you zone (imho), and you could just wait for the shock and boost to go away. Why has this been introduced; anyone wanna clear this up for me?
    -- We live in hope, we die in sync.
    Game Over.

Uhm changing that changes some more things:
    - NPCs might react different with a weapon (as they where marked aggressive before) or a heal in your hands
    - You can help other LE ppl if yourself are LEd. Which is not possible if it is marked as aggressive
    - They are indeed not aggressive

So ... its the logical choice ...
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd
    I don't see the sense in that. Poison Stacks are removed when you zone (imho), and you could just wait for the shock and boost to go away. Why has this been introduced; anyone wanna clear this up for me?
    Like Mighty Max said, they're not exactly weapons, as Parashock, damageboost (a type of weapon) and soulcluster are.

do poisonstacks get removed when you zone like in NC1 ?

i tought in NC2 they stayed ?

dunno, i would prefer they stay tough, could be the ressurection of the poisonbeam (in combination with the removal of the antipoisonsanctum )

poison = extremely fun and effective in what it does: creating chaos

Hybrid 82/65 **

Quote Originally Posted by Original monk
    do poisonstacks get removed when you zone like in NC1 ?

i tought in NC2 they stayed ?

dunno, i would prefer they stay tough, could be the ressurection of the poisonbeam (in combination with the removal of the antipoisonsanctum )

poison = extremely fun and effective in what it does: creating chaos
    They stay, but the damage they do comes back again. Meaning, they stop doing damage after a zone.
    Eating Procity all over hacknet

Too low lvl attack softwarers, but no defence software. Do the beginner hack mobs not attack? Oh wait the mc5 hackterminal doesn't work.

Nice job on all the low lvl mobs in MC5 thoe. the look great. and there are plenty of them now. Too bad it doesnt do anything for you if you're a hacker.
    I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

Father of the Lil Bastard Dirus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aelfkins
    Too low lvl attack softwarers, but no defence software. Do the beginner hack mobs not attack? Oh wait the mc5 hackterminal doesn't work.

Nice job on all the low lvl mobs in MC5 thoe. the look great. and there are plenty of them now. Too bad it doesnt do anything for you if you're a hacker.
    3 new hacknet Items were created, a TL3 Attack a TL3Heal & a TL12 Attack. The two TL3 item's will be starting equipment for Hackers.

The issue with the MC5 Hacknet is known, and so is the starting equipment issue. With the current issues regarding HackNet mobs and their damage, it's better that the MC5 Hacknet is not accessable.

Currently Hacker Professions still start with a Lazar Gun & ammo for it along with the Stiletto. When the Lazar Gun & Ammo is swapped out for the Hacknet weapons, the Stiletto will remain as part of the starting equipment still.
    Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for. A product is not quality because it is hard to make and costs a lot of money, as manufacturers typically believe. This is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and gives them value. Nothing else constitutes quality. - Peter F Drucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus
    3 new hacknet Items were created, a TL3 Attack a TL3Heal & a TL12 Attack. The two TL3 item's will be starting equipment for Hackers.

The issue with the MC5 Hacknet is known, and so is the starting equipment issue. With the current issues regarding HackNet mobs and their damage, it's better that the MC5 Hacknet is not accessable.

Currently Hacker Professions still start with a Lazar Gun & ammo for it along with the Stiletto. When the Lazar Gun & Ammo is swapped out for the Hacknet weapons, the Stiletto will remain as part of the starting equipment still.
    Yah that was all stated in the first post, but nice job of dancing around the issue of the lack of a tl3 defence software.

Yah that was all stated in the first post, but nice job of dancing around the issue of the lack of a tl3 defence software.
    I dunno about you, but with my new hacker I killed the low level hack mobs like they were a piece of candy floss. Not really a requirement for defensive software at that level. Think as if the defensive software is a shelter, you gotta have some skills before you can use it, untill then your pritty weak on the defence.
    - Genty

COOL Which mobs, where'd ya find them ?

Father of the Lil Bastard Dirus's Avatar

*Stops dancing*

I was thinking about adding a TL3 defense spell when I made the 3 new ones. However, there is no real need for one. When you compare Hacknet to fighting outside of hacknet the number of damage types is 1/3. You only need to pay attention to X-Ray & Energy inside Hacknet.

Also unlike the real world Hacknet the mobs are lower level. You won't be confronted with 10/10 mobs as a 0/2 hacker. Atleast not at the entrance you won't.

You start with an attack weapon & a heal weapon. Which is more then an APU starts out with.

As for the issues with Hacknet in general. Check the Known Issues thread in the Theme Week forums. It's been updated
    Last edited by Lupus; 22-02-05 at 09:53.
    Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for. A product is not quality because it is hard to make and costs a lot of money, as manufacturers typically believe. This is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and gives them value. Nothing else constitutes quality. - Peter F Drucker.

COOL Which mobs, where'd ya find them ?

infected storage 1.
    - Genty

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I've found something that bothers me.

Buying from a vendor, the quantity is set at a fixed number, I click buy and get my stuff, but a split second later the game sells me the same amount and charges me for it.

Pulling inventory from the gogo, same thing. Grab 40 ammo and I will eventually get 80.

I also found this while distributing points into one of my skills. Click once, two points added. Lucky for me, that's where the points were all going.

This is very annoying.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456