Santa "WantaFantaGrope" Boob Heavyporker's Avatar

*cough*

Heavyporker's Emporium is a player shop.

*coug*

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyporker
    *cough*

Heavyporker's Emporium is a player shop.

*coug*
    When I think of player shops I think of them being available 24/7...not taking anything away from you heavy, but you can't be there all the time etc.

Player shops were promised and so far we haven't heard much at all. Why bother listing the feature if what 3-4 months down the line nothing.

Sorry my will for this game is fading fast, with the news of KK screwing over the players who can't upgrade using C2P which is a completely shit and brought thier way into 10actle, hence we are stuck with them.

Can you imagine the choas when int release hits and C2P really feel the burn...remember when we released supposed the german release, which should be smaller to int! Haha gonna be fun watching these boards light up.

Heavyporker your shop is kewl and all but i like automation. It would be great if i could just go somewhere, wether it be an actual location in game or just a terminal, and put the items i want sold there and then walk away.

I love the auction house in WoW, the setup is so easy and friendly to use. The only problem is caused by so many people being there i get some lag in that section when moving now and then. Once i put an item up for auction it is gone from my inventory and if all goes well later i'll get a message with some cash in it.

Cobain, you are the future, make more posts please.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramanga
    Cobain, you are the future, make more posts please.
    Yup the future...cause the rest of us vets are fed up with the treatment...well most of us.

Don't you get we were once like you...but time has shown that KK care very little about anything anyone has to say or does...anyway why I am I bothering preaching to the fanbois lol.

Father of the Lil Bastard Dirus's Avatar

On the issue of Player Shops, I'll come right out and say that my advice to KK on these was not to put them in till Item Tracking is ingame and tested to be working properly. I have 2 main reasons for my stance on this. However I only discussed my opinion on this issue with KK earlier today.

1) Until Item tracking is put in, it's better off to leave player shops out of game in case anything happens to the the NPC's inventory. I'm sure some people will agree with me on this point, others may not.

2) With Item Tracking working, it could provide a more simpler and safer way of implementing Player shops ingame, rather then trying to code the whole system from scratch. (Note: I'm unsure as to if there is anything already in place player shop wise so this part may already be too late)

Anyway, these are just my view on the whole issue with Player Shops, based purely on the fact I'll most likely be running a couple of these on my own Private chars when theyre ingame.
    Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for. A product is not quality because it is hard to make and costs a lot of money, as manufacturers typically believe. This is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and gives them value. Nothing else constitutes quality. - Peter F Drucker.

Player shops without item tracking will be an exploiters dream. And a nightmare of vanishing items or money due to some obscure bug. I'll be happy to wait for working shops rather than have broken ones
    Until player shops arrive can we have more items in npc shops? Supply is almost non-existant for some items on Terra. Trying to get Tank Camo PA is a joke. I've resorted to making a char in the MB faction and doing missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus
    What do you consider a Big Patch?
    I take it to mean addressing a small number of (often related) issues in each patch and releasing them on a weekly basis even if all you do is fix spelling mistakes and add/edit a few storyline NPCs to make the game-world more dynamic.

If the patching process is so complicated and time-consuming (not doubting you btw - we've been told this before) then it should have been fixed years ago, certainly before NC2 was released.

I agree with you 100% wrt player shops and item-tracking.

@Cobain - Welcome. It's great to see new people having fun. It reminds us jaded old farts why we're still here .

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Our view is that a game like WoW serves to increase the size of the MMORPG pool by bringing in new players and generating new interest in the genre, which isn't a bad thing. Naturally there'll be a hit but we expect to continue to do well in our niche. The world is big enough for WoW and Neocron, just as it was big enough for Shadowbane and Neocron, or Planetside and Neocron, or SWG and Neocron, or, dare I say it, FOM and Neocron.
    Concern here, do we expect that WOW pull in new players and then wait for them to wander ? I have yet seen any kind of out there advertising for NC2, hey I stumbled accross NC1 barely.

As for NC surviving all the new releases, seems the 1st half 2005 is gonna be a busy one, and with 25% (SO it seems) leaving everytime a new game comes out, by the time NC has got its act together, the 4 players left will be tired of killing each other and instead be smoking weed in I_09 WB factory pissing off the 127/127, while they discuss the good old times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobain
    -I am a new player. I just passed the 10-day trial, and I think I have found my game. I managed to drag a few people from my guild to join me here on neocron, and we are having a blast. Neocron may be rough around the edges but it has a lot going for it. Well for one, it has a great community. I’d still be using bad quality weapons if a few nice terra players that offered to make me some kick ass gear. The forums also reflect positively on the community, take the WoW forums for example, it’s a sewer of children flaming each other. Neocron has an excellent combat system where you actually aim everything including heals. Less automation in combat is a breath of fresh air. And finally, I love the look and feel of this very original world.
    Some how you sound like I did all those years back, when I joined and challenged people about there being so much to do.... Well been there and done that, I know resort to ganking people while they leveling,mainly cause thats a challenge - Challenge is to find some one leveling, then get excited cause you did , then gank and look another hour.
    This include raids into the city, and PVP with others.....
    I barely level anymore, most leveling happens on my PPU who sits at an op doing BP's so he can do int ... (93 now whoot)

I have sold NC idea o about 6 people, who all still play. Poblem is we are looking around, I have seen plenty of community go,
    I rememb er a time that, by the time I submitted this on forums it was responded too within minutes ...

Non the Less, if you nee anything on Terra look me up.... Try Angel Dust, Snipe or Crest , I see if I can help
    You can imagine the big "OH SHIT!!!" expression on our faces, when we realized the aftermaths of this incident. But at the end of the day... we're only humans...
    http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=113418&

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123