View Poll Results: Whats your favourite combat system?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full FPS with no targeting, just spray'n'pray (eg Planetside)

29 30.85%
  • Neocron system, target boxes, regional damage, free'to'fight

71 75.53%
  • Turn based select-attack-special'mega'supa'hit (eg Matrix/SWG/EQ?)

3 3.19%
  • Who cares? It's all the same to me! / Undecided

5 5.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Combat Systems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Combat Systems

Combat systems! Which one turns you on? I've found neocron to have one of the most unique combat systems i've found so far in games. It has slight regional damage i think,and it's not point and click as such, it's not really an FPS some might argue, it has the perspective and settings similar to other shooters, but this is an MMORPG, i personally hate the most popular combat systems.. they're so dull.. *Right click - Attack - select special attack - retreat?* Jeeze.. wheres the freedom in fighting when you have to 'activate' your attacks.. just squeeze the trigger damnit! Swipe your sword! Do your.. APU.. dance..?!
    But anyway, the only thing that comes close to NC in this respect that i can find is planetside, and thats really quite different, much further down the FPS end of the scale, and i've yet to look at face of mankind.. crappy reports mean i probably wont be testing that either .
    So! Just a quick poll i guess, i'll leave it open if anyone else fancies a look at who likes what.. so pick your favourite system! I can guess where the majority will be

Full FPS with no targeting, just spray'n'pray (eg Planetside)
    last time i played planetside you did have to target

Account not active yet Clownst0pper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xer
    Combat systems! Which one turns you on? I've found neocron to have one of the most unique combat systems i've found so far in games. It has slight regional damage i think,and it's not point and click as such, it's not really an FPS some might argue, it has the perspective and settings similar to other shooters, but this is an MMORPG, i personally hate the most popular combat systems.. they're so dull.. *Right click - Attack - select special attack - retreat?* Jeeze.. wheres the freedom in fighting when you have to 'activate' your attacks.. just squeeze the trigger damnit! Swipe your sword! Do your.. APU.. dance..?!
    But anyway, the only thing that comes close to NC in this respect that i can find is planetside, and thats really quite different, much further down the FPS end of the scale, and i've yet to look at face of mankind.. crappy reports mean i probably wont be testing that either .
    So! Just a quick poll i guess, i'll leave it open if anyone else fancies a look at who likes what.. so pick your favourite system! I can guess where the majority will be
    If you play third person its really like playing on a console. Its rediculously easy.

I have to admit I sometimes feels theres too many factors in NC pvp to make it "fun" alot of the time its over challenging to get a result, or frustrating (say fighting a PPU with an APU)

however it is very rewarding when you take down three people with half hp left and stealth away.

I still enjoy DAOC and WOW combat though

*BURNER

round-based attack with cubes ?
    i miss ya, pheebz

last time i played planetside you did have to target
    Oh! My bad then.. it's been ages since i played PS.. memory aint too good

however it is very rewarding when you take down three people with half hp left and stealth away.
    lol, yeah, you can really stirr up a sense of confusion with NC.. like no ones really sure about whats going on around them, i think thats much harder to achieve in other games as they can be a lot slower.

A lot more can be done with the NC way of things though.. it works well with vehicles too, but as with so many other things in the game, nothing lives up to it's full potential like it could / should do.

I voted for the first option because NC is the only game i can think of with the reticule style thing with hitboxes, although it's great

voted for the 1st one coz its the most like the combat system i like, tho truthly its a hybrid of one and 2...the combat system in BF:1942/DC etc
    Stercus Accidit

Gotta love NC PvP its the only reason I play

NC PvP by far. I don't enjoy games like CS half as much as I enjoy Neocron.

I voted for option one but I realise it's not necessarily/yet truly viable in an MMO.

Taking into account other factors such as RPG elements and the "M"MO factor I'd say the NC system could win. However if only combat is considered I prefer pure skill.

Full FPS for myself(Preferably non-spray-and-pray-games), though Neocron's targetting system is just fine.
    "Come, Paladin, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant class."

i voted for NC but SWG isn't turn based. its realtime combat but your just not doing the aiming. same with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer
    i voted for NC but SWG isn't turn based. its realtime combat but your just not doing the aiming. same with WoW.

both are turn based

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterthegreat
    both are turn based
    Turn based is like Final Fantasy series are they not? choose attack, wait, damage done. rinse and repeat.

turn based to me means one side moves/attacks then the other side move/attacks. WoW is not that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast