Thread: Hello... KK ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D1S
    why are u trying to piss me off? I dont understand this... im stating a very good point that KK need to sort their act out. And why the hell should I NOT expect the engine to run smooth.. FFS the game looks shit compared to say HL2 yet i get 3 times the FPS in HL2 than this game, its SUPPOSED to be a DX9 game yet it runs as if im on an AMD K62 400!!! Im on a 3 ghz P4...............................
    I'm not trying to piss you off. If the flaws with this game annoy you so much, I suggest you quit - you'll be a much happier person. DX9 on an AMD K6-2 400? Perfectly possible since the vast majority of DirectX deals with the graphics, and as such if you've got a DX9 supporting graphics card, you can probably have a 486 DX and still be able to run the game.

Comparison with halflife 2 - another flawed comparison. Hafllife is an FPS - at most its network code only has to be designed deal with ~32 players on a server, while Neocron, an MMORPG needs to be able to deal with as many as is possible. Halflife is also built by another large, well established company with a well established engine - Valve don't just make Halflife, they make an engine which other companies pay to use. Their established engine and success gives them a lot more money to deal with. Halflife 2, which would have been started "from scratch" on top of the Source engine, was also only released in 2004, while Neocron's engine was released in 2002 and Neocron 2 is just a bastardised version of it to try and update the graphics a bit.

Yes, KK should post a patch every week, why the fuck not? We are paying for a game and I expect the game to be UPDATED every fucking week, not once every SIX MONTHS!
    Because they don't have the resources - the money, the manpower, the supportive player base that provides such amounts of money.

Ok OK EQ2 has the backing of sony, wup-de-doo, it doesnt mean to say KK Should not put any less effort into making this game better and it shouldnt stop them adding new shit or resetting the server every 24 hours, why cant they? They are selling a product, they have the backing of a half decent publisher (or so i'm led to believe), if they want results sort the mess...
    What is this addiction of yours of having the server reset every 24 hours? I'm sure that if that would actually help the situation at all, the server would be reset every 24 hours.

The game has been fucked over for months now on the MAIN ENGLISH server, [ edited ]
    My head is quite firmly out of KK's rear - I have some major disagreements with things they've done - such as spending time working on a flashy new boss mob that breaks the engines. However, "fucked" implies that the servers are in some way broken and unplayable, yet I've been happily playing since the implants not dropping and the incorrect hair models problem started.

As far as I'm aware KK have these problems among their top priorities at the moment. We have been promised a patch as soon as possible, but they have several things in progress at the moment which they promised us and I believe they have said they will fix the 2 major bugs with the same patch that introduces item tracking, which they want completed before the official UK release.

And finally, why should I have to fuck off with my friends to other games, this game has the GREATEST potential of any MMO, yet KK choose to fuck us over day after day, an say ok we will go and see if we can get more cash in Asia rather than sorting the shit out in the EU/US.
    You've obviously misunderstood the situation with Asia. As far as I can tell, KK have very little to do with Asia and the game in Asia is being run by a seperate company. Surely if the Asian server does bring in more money and allow KK to do all the things you want them to be able to do, isn't that a good thing? As for the publisher, anything that is happening there will obviously take a while to filter through - likely not until the game is actually released. Perhaps it is the publisher who has insisted that KK fix item tracking (or perhaps something else) before they will release.

(p.s please feel free to edit any trolling, flames etc I have put in the post as i am rather drunk )
    Posting while drunk, tired or in a highly emotional state is generally a bad idea.

Athon Solo
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 06-02-05 at 17:39.
    All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.

*munches on popcorn*
    I changed my sig to this, and then back again.

Quote Originally Posted by athon
    I'm not trying to piss you off. If the flaws with this game annoy you so much, I suggest you quit - you'll be a much happier person. DX9 on an AMD K6-2 400? Perfectly possible since the vast majority of DirectX deals with the graphics, and as such if you've got a DX9 supporting graphics card, you can probably have a 486 DX and still be able to run the game.
    By suggesting I quit are you trying to imply something? I take it you want half of the players to leave so you can play with yourself.. [ edited ]

What is this addiction of yours of having the server reset every 24 hours? I'm sure that if that would actually help the situation at all, the server would be reset every 24 hours.
    Have you actually played any other MMO other than NC? Other MMO's I have played reset the server about 4am, by doing this they free up server resources and help the server and game run more smoothly. I am not obsessed with closing the server every 24 hours, but resetting this more often would be a nice step forward.

Posting while drunk, tired or in a highly emotional state is generally a bad idea.
    Acutally I find the best time to post is after I have several beers, as I will say whats on my mind [ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 06-02-05 at 19:25. Reason: Flaming

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Saying what's on your mind is one thing, but posting when drunk generally tends to get people into trouble.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Athon Solo
    Yes, but it can be oh so entertaining for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    *munches on popcorn*
    See!

I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

By suggesting I quit are you trying to imply something? I take it you want half of the players to leave so you can play with yourself.. [ edited ]
    Yes. I'm implying that you would be better off finding something else to do rather than trying to shape this game into your perfect game.

Have you actually played any other MMO other than NC? Other MMO's I have played reset the server about 4am, by doing this they free up server resources and help the server and game run more smoothly. I am not obsessed with closing the server every 24 hours, but resetting this more often would be a nice step forward.
    Yes. I played a UO free shard for a few years, and I've also tried AO, SWG and Face of Mankind. The fact that resetting the servers for other games is to do with the design of the server and how it manages resources - obviously I can't comment on any games resource management, but as I said, I'm sure that if simply resetting the servers every 24 hours would actually help Neocron then it would be done. Just resetting the servers every 24 hours because other games do is not a step forward.

Acutally I find the best time to post is after I have several beers, as I will say whats on my mind [ edited ]
    Exactly, the alcohol removes some of your ability to think things through properly before writing them down. Posts written while tired / drunk / high / emotionally stressed tend to be more offensive and contain irrational ideas - such as resetting the servers every 24 hours just because it helps the servers of other games.

An addition to my earlier post. If I was such a fanboi of KK, I'm pretty sure Iwouldn't keep a list of currently missing promised features in my signature.

Athon Solo

Yes. I'm implying that you would be better off finding something else to do rather than trying to shape this game into your perfect game
    I am merely saying that I, being the PAYING customer am not happy with the way things are heading. I am not trying to shape the game in any way or form, i am simply putting some suggestions forward on how I feel things could help. If you can't handle suggestions then dont read the forum.

Yes. I played a UO free shard for a few years, and I've also tried AO, SWG and Face of Mankind. The fact that resetting the servers for other games is to do with the design of the server and how it manages resources - obviously I can't comment on any games resource management, but as I said, I'm sure that if simply resetting the servers every 24 hours would actually help Neocron then it would be done. Just resetting the servers every 24 hours because other games do is not a step forward.
    LOL, it would be done would it? Just like player run shops and a fully working game, of course it is a step forward, it shows that KK do actually care about a smooth running game rather than the bug ridden mess it is today.

Exactly, the alcohol removes some of your ability to think things through properly before writing them down. Posts written while tired / drunk / high / emotionally stressed tend to be more offensive and contain irrational ideas - such as resetting the servers every 24 hours just because it helps the servers of other games.
    oh sorry mr T total, if you don't like what i put then either dont read it nor reply to it, you will be a much happier person im sure

LOL, it would be done would it? Just like player run shops and a fully working game, of course it is a step forward, it shows that KK do actually care about a smooth running game rather than the bug ridden mess it is today.
    Player run shops isn't as simple as resetting the servers every day and won't have the effect of making the servers run smoother.

I believe KK's problem with the announced features such as this is that they announced them long before they'd actually even looked properly at how they would be implemented. Basically they fell for the old pitfall of announcing things far too early - all too common in the MMORPG industry from my experiance.

Either that or player shops are completed, and KK want to implement fully their item tracking system before they release it to reduce the risk and increase the chance of being able to trace bugs and exploits in player shops.

I'm sure there would be many people yelling if player shops were introduced, then found to be buggy or exploitable, and then KK have to promptly remove them again. IMHO KK are taking a sensible step in introducing the item tracking system as quickly as possible.

And I may not drink alcohol, but I've still made some really stupid posts when I've been emotionally stressed or tired.

Athon Solo
    Last edited by athon; 06-02-05 at 21:54.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin
    It's not been officially released in the EU/US yet. Basically, we're just hitching a ride on the german release, and you should consider yourself lucky to be able to do so...
    Wow I'm sure alot of people think they are really lucky!!! What with promised features missing from the release we had to pay to upgrade...the list goes on.

I'm sorry Nid, but being busy with the Int release doesn't mean all stop on patching...take the imp bug for a prime example..I swear to god KK should make a feature after each patch so they can simply roll it back if it goes badly...I think everyone would prefer that than waiting for ages for a fix.

Once again it is us that have paid to upgrade for less features , our views are on the back burner...KK eying up more money from Int release...which now they say they are working on the features for...why not before?

Account not active yet Clownst0pper's Avatar

@Thread Starter

[ edited ] what right do you have to demand answers from KK when you know the answer already.

Have you never listened to the boards? have you never read a reply from KK? And your expecting you to be special to recieve "THE PATCH WILL BE OUT <INSERT DATE> N."

I find it absolutely rediculous. KK wont ever divulge a patch date, and shouldnt because all the forum idiots jump on them the moment it is late.

And really, while im being harsh, if you are struggling that bad for a patch that fixes what, afew bugs, perhaps a new gun or two, and maybe a new theme week, you really must be bored of this game.

So, why dont you go outside and find some friends, instead of clinging to the tinyest hope of a patch which will last you all of 10minutes more entertainment, for you then to moan about when the next patch will be ready.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 07-02-05 at 02:34. Reason: Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Xylaz
    ...all the players who left due to bugs and broken/failed promises.

It's pure mathematics - take the population numbers from the end of nc1 (3-5 times higher than now) and check how much % KK have lost. Guess the reason.
    Now note the current pop numbers and check it again in 2 weeks. Check how much % of the population will drop again. Guess the reason again.

dunno... alot of people say its all ally killers fault. alot say its all patches fault. alot say its all 1 slot int servers fault. alot say its stability's fault.

isuspect there are various reasons, KK and community based (as wellas other MMO's releasing / going into open beta)

I have every right to demand answers form KK, im paying there fucking wages[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 07-02-05 at 23:29. Reason: Flaming

Account not active yet Clownst0pper's Avatar

I have every right to demand answers form KK, im paying there fucking wages [ edited ]
    Well id say having played this game on and off for three years is more than an excuse to have such a post count.

And yes, you can demand all you want, but you think the measly 8£ a month you pay warrents you and only you to deserve answers?

Are you so blinded that you think KK is different to any other company and that they will give dates?

They dont give dates because people like yourself, once a date slips jumps on them and goes off on tangents of "how useless they are" or "KK lie to us!!"

I find it pathetic. Enjoy the game with the content you have, and when a patch does arrive, take full use of it. Stop living for the slightest tweak.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 07-02-05 at 23:29.

KK are actually keeping us quite well up to date atm, but I guess d1s doesn't read the forums enough to notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Clownst0pper
    Are you so blinded that you think KK is different to any other company and that they will give dates?

They dont give dates because people like yourself, once a date slips jumps on them and goes off on tangents of "how useless they are" or "KK lie to us!!"

I find it pathetic. Enjoy the game with the content you have, and when a patch does arrive, take full use of it. Stop living for the slightest tweak.
    i must say i have the same experiences here and i yust see what comes, this comming from a person wich happen to have the bad luck that everytime he tries out a certain class and likes it, the class gets nerfed :P

yust to say that waiting for patches isnt always good hehe, but euh ... im always curious for some new changes ffcourse with all the threads going on about mc5 and parashock, also not to forget the beginning of other mmorpg's like wow and the other one, i would like to see how this game is going to evolve

i got time tough

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast