Thread: I tried FOMK

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

i didnt even get to buy a gun, i loged on in apt. fine, exit apt saw someone...clicked few emotes. then ran around to where a few people were ... asked where i could get a gun cause i wanted to pk, no reply. did a bit more running got bored. loged off. uninstalled...

now what most anoyed me was why did my char look like it shit it pants when running, looked like a shit filled nappy lol.

its a pos game. nothing compared to nc

beta test

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

I was on the closed beta. Theres loads of GM events so there was always something to do around 10 each night.

However the open beta is madness. Theyres like 30,000 noobs (or something) signed up, and theyre all running around Brooklyn shooting each other, so te army have moved in, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar IB
    beta test
    Second stage beta test, a stress test, balancing things allready in and final adjustments before launch.
    Final product will probably look very similar.
    If it was an alpha/first stage closed beta, then yes, you wouldn't expect much to be working.

Bah, ignore me, I'm a n00b.

It wasn't easy, but I did stick with it long enough to get a gun and some ammo only to find out I was supposed to be using rubber bullets to arrest people and by that time I was out of money. I joined LED so there were patrol missions in Brooklyn, but there were so many people and I never did figure out how you get credit for completing a mission.

It was total chaos, some noob would pull out a gun trying to figure out the thing worked and he'd instantly have 30 cops pointing their guns at him and shouting "holster it!".

After a few hours of trying to play "the right way", I went to Berlin and started randomly ganking people. That was fun. Mostly because they didn't expect it.

I still have no idea how I'm supposed to make money.

Crahns Rache wird grausam sein Asul's Avatar

I hope there'll be more ppl who just log in, play a hour and uninstall the game, really full in there at the moment

I figured out how to get a gun at the Trade Terminal, but the prices where high tooo high 0o
    A friendly player sold me his gun and I bought some amo and went to the Place where some ppl started missions.
    Tried to do my first mission and suffer baddly ^^

Had to defend an area, but there is no hud-Map, so I couldn't find that area, but nevermind, went through the vortex to some citys, then decide to pk...

-FatAl-

Wake up in the ap (u allways wake up in the app in the OB, so u cant get stuck) went to a town, wana Pk, but whats that?? 0o
    No ammu
    Have bought 1 Clip 4 900(cr?), now the prices are 10.000 for a clip
    Then I logged out, try to find some friendly player who sell me a clip or 2, then I can pk someone and sell his stuff *hrrhrr*, there are no cashmashine missions, so trade, pk, work as bodyguard, many options to go.
    Next time Ill try to find some alliens to kill, maybe the have good loot.

All in all, itz just a beta 4 Stresstest, not a retail or Testaccount, there is much in the game, u just have to see it

And no, I've NOT play the closed, playin maybee 6 hours till start, its just a beta, have seen better, but its fun, when u know how to take ^^

(note, the same I say 4 NC, its what u do out of it)

- None of the NPC's work atm
    Yes, Stresstest ^^
    - Theres no way to navigate to an actual store to purchase say, armor or a weapon.
    U can buy all thte things @ the same Terminal as the Weapons and other things

- The "stamina" system is quite lame. The fact you have to pay 5 creds per second of replishment of stamina at a Med station was rather dumb (about 1-3% rejuvinated during that time so like 300+ credits to recharge stamina).
    I think it was 5 Cr for 5%, but yes, that sucks!

- The gui is rather burdening. Its simplistic yet its controls require rebinding too much.
    rebind nearly all controlls at nerly all games I Play... Is that not normal?

To all ppl who flame arround: use the Irc, its not too dificult, or is it 4 u?
    Last edited by Asul; 02-02-05 at 17:54.

lol - i downloaded it, got the beta account. Still havent found my way out of the apartment.

now, before everyone flames me like they did in OOC lastnight: I've already tried:

- stepping onto the teleporter
    - clicking the teleporter/rep unit/multicom
    - buying a vortex ticket (wtf? no ticket machine in my apartment)

So, i gave up and went back on NC.

at least the respawn time is a 'reasonable' 4 minutes on NC...not sure what it is on FoM, but ive heard some1 say it was a real-world day...but thats exaggeration surely...?
    Tangent WOOOOO!

Anarchy activist Logan_storm_03's Avatar

man, i know its beta but honestly, its pretty.. ..erm.. shite , yea it is OK in some aspects and i will play it for abit just for the crack of it (now i know what to do ect), but my god it makes you apreicate neocron ALOT more. Personly i think neocron is the best MMOLG out now ( personal taste ).
    Max Hack - Belt fiend.
    H@rD W@ng - Co-leader

Crahns Rache wird grausam sein Asul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logan_storm_03
    man, i know its beta but honestly, its pretty.. ..erm.. shite , yea it is OK in some aspects and i will play it for abit just for the crack of it (now i know what to do ect), but my god it makes you apreicate neocron ALOT more. Personly i think neocron is the best MMOLG out now ( personal taste ).
    Hehe, agree, now u can feel that NC is 2 years "old" and not "paid Beta" like some ppl like to say

Account not active yet Clownst0pper's Avatar

I just remember the complete and utter disapointment and shock to those who got in the closed beta 1 - 2 of DOY.

Ill say no more

I too was disappointed, I can live with somewhat dated graphics, but Neocrons are more advanced than this. And that's saying something

No tutorial, didn't have a clue what to do, I joined Brotherhood of Shadows or whatever, and saw people planning raids etc on faction chat, so I knew there must have been light at the end of the tunnel. But the game just didn't grab me enough to want to bother!

And they have their own version of the FRE! The socket error!

Neocron with all it's fault, was at least fun and you had something to do! this? I'll be skipping it.
    Kalisto - Terra

Safe to assume its safe since nid has clearly seen it and its not deleted or closed "yet".

Tried it again, not sure if the nda still applies since its now "open beta" but i never liked it, some people say im biased, but i gave it every chance. The neocron killer?

No.

Some of the textures are nice yeah, but answer this, does a nice texture make up for lack of anything else? To be honest, the concept of fomk in some respects is on a par with neocron, i like the IDEA of the player based things, but they WILL NOT work out, any intelligent person will see why. The missions are..interesting.

But yeah, it is beta, lots of shit to take care of but i seem to recall other people judging neocron on its beta, and regardless of the past experiences with fomk, i will give it a chance when it retails, if it does.

i still prefer NC...

alot of my BF clan are playing it so i thought id join in, its much more like Rainbow 6 or Battlefield style FPS where NC is more like quake, we spent 4 hours playing it last night and had alot of fun, a big fuck off group of merc locked down berlin, and then us 5 tried to storm NY, and we were holding them off down this corridoor, which was fun. But in NC it would just involve madly running around eachother trying to keep lock. Cover is alot more important, so kneeling and taking careful aim...which i like...we just went around raiding people and taking their kit for money lol.

The core idea to the mission system is great, patrol here, kill any enemy faction, rescue this hostage etc. The MAJOR problem with it tho, it mission can only be set by higher ranking players, not NPCs, so if none of them are online, or want to set missions, theres noting really to do...

but one thing that is definitivly better than NC is it allied and nutral killing system. you have a penalty rating, which steadily increases the more greens you kill, once it get high enough you get put on a most wanted list, with a nice tag above your name saying so. People can arrest you, incapacite you with rubber bullets or tazers before hand if needs be and arrest you, they get the bounty and you go to prison. Where you can either brake out but keep the penalty, or stay and work it off doing hard labour
    Stercus Accidit

Cut from the stolen Picture... msdong's Avatar

fom have some PROs:

the missions, they are so cool. the leader set a agenda and high levels make missions around that point.
    mining, yes its a little borin but the fact that mining costs and taxes gow to the owning faction is not bad.
    the level system where you get knowlege, not skill.
    the GFX is faster
    player cops

on the CON side i have:
    lot of spare time while doing mision and mining
    its all done on terminals
    the levels look ugly, there are alot of ugly wallpapers its all to clean.
    THERE IS NO OUTSIDE WORLD

i try it a few times now, and i think ill try again on weekend but until now its not makin me hot. yes neocron ruined my taste

anyone as "low" as level 4 can set up missions afaik. thats not that high.
    Last edited by msdong; 02-02-05 at 20:57.

I DLed it
    I installed it
    I patched it
    I tried to run it
    I tried to run it again
    I rebooted
    I tried to run it again
    I went for dinner
    I tried to run it again

Sadly I have yet to experience all the wonders of which everyone else here enthuses so.

There's no config app and no help files. I will look on IRC later but I'm hardly inspired.

The pics during the install looked OK, a few aspects were better than NC(2), some were worse and many were suspiciously familiar. I don't know how well they represent the game though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast