Thread: WoC Skills

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm wondering... what about tradeskillers? Or are all the WoC thingies combat related anyways?

Also... monk int... LMAO.

I think we can read "160mil" as shorthand for capped.
    Or KK is changing the cap level and not telling anyone. Considering BOTH require typing three discrete characters, I don't agree with abbreviating 157 as 160...
    Why can you only hunt warbots?
    Because they're the only high-XP outdoor mob where my rifle range is further than the mob's firing range. Indoor mobs all have max range lower than the walls/size of indoor locations. Since I'm an LE'd Spy, the whole PPU-up-my-ass idea falls apart.

Can't you still outrange grims and such?

Quote Originally Posted by IceStorm
    Or KK is changing the cap level and not telling anyone. Considering BOTH require typing three discrete characters, I don't agree with abbreviating 157 as 160...Because they're the only high-XP outdoor mob where my rifle range is further than the mob's firing range. Indoor mobs all have max range lower than the walls/size of indoor locations. Since I'm an LE'd Spy, the whole PPU-up-my-ass idea falls apart.
    whats wrong with swamp caves? my pistol spy could solo the whole cave including the shaman without much difficuly. My m8's 2 spies are being lvl'd there too since about /40.

Or KK is changing the cap level and not telling anyone. Considering BOTH require typing three discrete characters, I don't agree with abbreviating 157 as 160...
    Maybe, but I doubt it. I think they use "160" as an alternative to "157,094,672".

Because they're the only high-XP outdoor mob where my rifle range is further than the mob's firing range. Indoor mobs all have max range lower than the walls/size of indoor locations. Since I'm an LE'd Spy, the whole PPU-up-my-ass idea falls apart.
    I hunt fire mobs and J5s solo on my rifle spy all the time. I've also soloed all the original caves except the Aparition on him although in most cases that was slow, painful and not recommended.

Can't you still outrange grims and such?
    The really big 120/120 who can fire across zones? No. The smaller ones? Unlike Warbots, the smaller ones actually MOVE, so no. Even if I could, firemobs spawn so many support mobs it's not even funny. The canyons making long range shots difficult. I've tried CRP and other areas in the Canyons, but between the TG guards and the canyon walls, it isn't worth it. I also have no fire armor nor ability to imp up for Fire armor without utterly gimping my combat ability.
    whats wrong with swamp caves?
    How about I die when I enter one? Heavy poison belt and +25 poison resist didn't help. I'm also using RIFLES, not pistols, so my RoF is lower, my damage output higher, but the engine doesn't keep up (hell, it rarely keeps up when I'm using a capped TL38 revver in the Aggie sewers on my PP spy).

There aren't a lot of rifle-centric mobs in the game right now, and it's looking very unlikely that KK cares about fixing the clipping range problem (i.e. making weapon ranges really work).
    I hunt fire mobs and J5s solo on my rifle spy all the time.
    I've tried J5's. They kick my ass. I suspect your rifle spy is an actual full-time rifle spy and not a tradeskiller. My main, my CAPPED main, is not full combat. A large chunk of his INT and DEX are in tradeskills. Maybe my Combat Spy will be able to solo them once he gets higher level PA, but that won't be for a while.

I really don't have a problem with hunting only Warbots, I just wish there were 120/120 mobs that I could hit from half a zone away using proper rifles. It would be nice for Rifles to have a true place in the game.
    Last edited by IceStorm; 29-10-04 at 20:02.

There aren't a lot of rifle-centric mobs in the game right now, and it's looking very unlikely that KK cares about fixing the clipping range problem (i.e. making weapon ranges really work).
    Sadly this is true.

wrt Fire mobs :
    Try round Grant Mine. There's no guards and lots of cover.
    North of CRP there are lots of nice spots.
    Gaia is OK too if you use the fenced area for cover.

I've used all of those happily for years.

Just to point out...theres no TG gaurds around the Canyon sectors now.

With a nice heal and heal sanct, my pistol spy tradeskiller can do alright in swamp caves. It wouldn't be any tougher for a rifler.. Just bring along some antidote and make sure you stay in the water.

As to the extra exp PE's hafta get, I would wait till we see what exactly the rewards are and if we can gain levels in both of our WoC stats. It might be that the rewards are what balance it. The ability to get WoC items from Dex and Str could be hugely powerful. To offset that the PE has to do more work to get WoC. Or if it's not powerful, at least it offers you much more choice in how to setup your character.
    "We're on an express elevator to Hell, goin' down!"

It's 10 o'clock, do you know where your hoe is?
    P.I.M.P. (Pleasure Industry Money Power)

i think either pretty much means one or the other and not both for PEs

The really big 120/120 who can fire across zones? No. The smaller ones? Unlike Warbots, the smaller ones actually MOVE, so no. Even if I could, firemobs spawn so many support mobs it's not even funny. The canyons making long range shots difficult. I've tried CRP and other areas in the Canyons, but between the TG guards and the canyon walls, it isn't worth it. I also have no fire armor nor ability to imp up for Fire armor without utterly gimping my combat ability.How about I die when I enter one? Heavy poison belt and +25 poison resist didn't help. I'm also using RIFLES, not pistols, so my RoF is lower, my damage output higher, but the engine doesn't keep up (hell, it rarely keeps up when I'm using a capped TL38 revver in the Aggie sewers on my PP spy).

There aren't a lot of rifle-centric mobs in the game right now, and it's looking very unlikely that KK cares about fixing the clipping range problem (i.e. making weapon ranges really work).I've tried J5's. They kick my ass. I suspect your rifle spy is an actual full-time rifle spy and not a tradeskiller. My main, my CAPPED main, is not full combat. A large chunk of his INT and DEX are in tradeskills. Maybe my Combat Spy will be able to solo them once he gets higher level PA, but that won't be for a while.

I really don't have a problem with hunting only Warbots, I just wish there were 120/120 mobs that I could hit from half a zone away using proper rifles. It would be nice for Rifles to have a true place in the game.
    Considering how much xp you need to get WoC, I really don't think it would kill you to change your con setup to suit your lvling needs.

Quote Originally Posted by giga191
    Considering how much xp you need to get WoC, I really don't think it would kill you to change your con setup to suit your lvling needs.
    The problem is not his con, it's the fact that as a tradeskiller, he probably doesn't come close to capping his weapons. Making it hard to lvl high mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    The problem is not his con, it's the fact that as a tradeskiller, he probably doesn't come close to capping his weapons. Making it hard to lvl high mobs.
    He can lom his trade skill then or can use it to cap

What will happen to those who already gave ceres disk and 2 mil away ??
    | BOMz | Cyka Haxyu | amputator | raskalbas |

I'm worried that this spells the end of non-capped characters going to Chaos Caves to level. All 3 will now be chock full of capped players trying to reach WoC levels. They wont want leechers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    (About Monks)
    So come watch an op war and marvel at the wizardry and Merlinesque scenes of our post apocalyptic world, where medieval wizards rule the world.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast