Quote Originally Posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
    I am sorry... but since I hate being called a liar/traitor/pimp whatever... we decided to put the opening of the beta a little vaguely.
    thats a very profesional way to deal with customers... lol have a kudo

Sorry to break it to everyone that is saying Neocron will die, but KK is under new ownership remember? Even if evey last one of us current players quit, I really seriously doubt the new owners are just gonna say 'oh fuck it' and drop the expansion. It WILL come out, advertising is another matter, but they could not possibly do any worse than CDV did.
    Last edited by Glok; 14-04-04 at 00:30. Reason: speeleng

Registered User Martin J. Schwiezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnituens
    then im guessing the selected ppl for the beta (from here on in refered to as The Few) will have a new client and therefore will not be able to connect to the regular servers?
    You will still be able to connect to the old servers through your old NC install. No need to overwrite that.

Quote Originally Posted by alig
    hello valve ty for my free play.
    err... they will make you buy 2 versions of HL2, one is MP on is SP which is stupid.

they probably charge you for it on a pay per play basis because they know that ppl will pay

I am sorry... but since I hate being called a liar/traitor/pimp whatever... we decided to put the opening of the beta a little vaguely.
    And you wonder why ?

You keep changing the dates - that's why. And I think you have made the beta date vague because you don't know...

Why not start being a little more honest with the community and a LOT more apologetic when you miss yet another deadline that you have given us?

As you know, I own a couple of companies - if I was to miss a delivery date for something, I would get dragged over the coals unless there was a real good reason.
    Tetasau - Rifle Spy
    Rincey - Tank

Quote Originally Posted by alig
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...
    THE PARA

I'm a PE and I like para stop trying to speak for everyone.
    Keep your para stuff in all those other threads please.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Got dorf?

@MJS: I think I've asked this before, but never seen an answer. Is DoY going to be marketed as an expansion or a game in it's own right? It's shaping up to be Neocron 2 (to my eyes anyway).
    Aka Solitaire / Tinks / Rawne

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k
    I care about Neocron. I have two accounts... and look how long I've been playing.
    <----------
    These forums were my homepage for 9 months...
    5 month wait might just be to much for this game... I know a lot of people that are not willing to wait that long. There are simply other games out there. Unless Neocron gets some great patches soon and before DoY this community is going to die. I hope you can understand why this really pisses off some people like myself... I cant imagine quitting Neocron and I dont want to try and threaten kk but If nothing awesome happens in the next 5 months I'm going to put my time and money somewhere else.
    I feel exactly the same way. Well.... except about the two accounts thing. I only have one.

Thanks for the heads up MJS.

Martin I've spoken with you before and you know I love this game. I try to be supportive and helpful, and think your company and you do a great job, but a Sept. 1 release date is a helluva long time away. Lets not even focus on the date being delayed several times, I'm worried about player count, and this won't help. When my clan is active during American evening on Pluto, there is almost no one to fight. We've even started attacking nuetrals/allies just for something to do.

So we have a Sept 1st release date, now the real question is, whats going to happen up until that point? What about content, patches, new items, etc... if you save it all for one day which is half a year away, you will be abandonding the players who will stick through this 5 months. Sure a lot of people will quit and come back with BDoY, but you know what, what about me and those who aren't quitting? What about the abysmal player count these days on Pluto? What about those who have played this game for a year and a half so far, stuck in out threw the parts we didn't enjoy, all because we love this game? What about us?

If the answer is nothing, then I won't stop loving Neocron, but if I have 5 months to wait with nothing new and the player count dropping every day (after all who wants to start a game with an expansion soon coming out?), then I might cancel. Im not saying this as a threat, who am I after all? I dont matter, Im just a player like every one else. Ill be dissapointed if I have to cancel no doubt, but right now I just dunno.

What happened to the patch we were waiting over a month on? Where are the weapon changes, desert racetrack GR, etc... Or will we be waiting 5 months? Reakktor is so concerned with the future that you've forgotten about the now...

No ya see....HL2 will last for at least 6 yrs as it has the biggest mod community on the planet...they can charge me £200 for HL2...ill pay £200 quite happily because i already know it will be the best game on earth.

Whichever dick is trying to give me bad reputation...fo you sad mofo.
    Last edited by alig; 14-04-04 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Glok
    Sorry to break it to everyone that is saying Neocron will die, but KK is under new ownership remember? Even if evey last one of us current players quit, I really seriously doubt the new owners are just gonna say 'oh fuck it' and drop the expansion. It WILL come out, advertising is another matter, but they soud not possibly do any worse than CDV did.
    Neocron needs new blood, current players are quitting, they will not be buying DOY, DOY will be an add on to Neocron (which already had a bad rep in some areas for ganking etc.). The people who are reading this thread, and playing now, are the ones KK should be aiming at, instead, they now have to totally remarket the game, in the hope to get new players in, to regain the cost of development, marketing, keeping the servers up etc. With a current online playercount of what, 2k, which will probably drop sharply, KK cannot afford to make any mistakes with the release.

remember, KK is not Sony, or EA, or Valve, or Sierra, each of these companies makes HUGE losses on their games, but gets them back on other major titles, like tomb raider, deus ex, half life, AO, EQ, games that make them money to prop up loss making games. This will be KK's make or break time, question is, will KK be made, or broken.

Anna - lexx if you dont get that out of your sig im never talking to you again, and you know i mean that

Registered User Martin J. Schwiezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrChumble
    @MJS: I think I've asked this before, but never seen an answer. Is DoY going to be marketed as an expansion or a game in it's own right? It's shaping up to be Neocron 2 (to my eyes anyway).
    Well, internally we see it as the second chapter of Neocron, but not as the second part. However it is definitely way more than just an expansion pack. There had been going too much work into it (both on the surface and under the hood) to call it an expansion pack.

You will still be able to connect to the old servers through your old NC install. No need to overwrite that.
    and on the selection of The Few?

who will be deciding something like that? names out of a (pimp)hat?

or do you have people already in mind for testing? im guessing you will probably let the GMs do it as they have allready signed disclaimers and secretcy documents and shit to keep their knowleage under their large pimp hats.

[ edited - that is the last of your bold yellow statements ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 14-04-04 at 00:36.
    Tetasau - Rifle Spy
    Rincey - Tank