Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb PvE: CityCom missions scaling

Hello everyone!

CityCom Missions in Neocron

Following a discussion on discord - I'm here to discuss citycom missions and their scaling. Although the title of thread states "PvE", this also concerns PvP players. The idea to properly scale missions (and possibly rework XP values) comes after I found out about the one we all love for her nice reward and incredibly sexy baldness:

There is also Morty, but hey guess what Morty: WE CAN NEVER FIND YOUR GODDAMN MUTANT SOLDIERS!! Our little friends Sam and MoMo' here are naughty, they offer you XP rewards that far surpass Citycom missions rewards.

• Samantha: 2300 xp
    • Morty: 6000 xp

To compare values here, Samantha gives 2300 xp whilst Very easy missions will reward you around 200 (both offering 'kill 5 sewer rats' missions). Samantha and Morty are great band-aids, however I was thinking Citycom could get a rework through values tweaking and to be on par with the thought behind those two NPCs.

This is really a rough figure of how the scaling would work - there are a lot of variable here (not all missions reward the same thing on an identical difficulty setting). This would be a first proposition for "Kill xx" missions only.

Level requirements would be implemented to prevent abuse of very hard mission (i.e tagging a mob with low level characters to finish them with capped characters). The scaling I've applied was to reward doing a higher level mission instead of x2 times the current level.

I've always felt missions were giving too little XP since NC1. Taking consideration of this, we could also imagine higher values but with more monsters to kill at higher level missions. The flaw I can see with this system is being able to cap low skills (DEX for monks or PSI for Spies/PE) really really quickly as all skill categories do not have the same scaling until capped.

Let me know what you think!

N.
    Last edited by Neri; 25-05-20 at 22:14.