The streets of Neocron city are safe, to an extent nearing boredom. Some of you might remember this wasnt the case at all times in the past. There was a time when tensions even between city factions were pretty... well, tense. So about every faction had guards in the street, right in front of the HQ and other places of importance. If you were working for the "wrong" faction (in their eyes, at least) and tried to walk by, guards started shooting at you. I even remember city admin "security" (thugs) in front of the conference center in Plaza 1. Same would go for the job center in plaza 2 and other facilities of importance.

This is the headline in Neocron Evening Worldnews (N.E.W.): "Tensions between factions growing. Guards placed in the streets. Citizens be warned". And the newstext goes on: "Since the demise of our beloved president the government is lacking power. Neither the rule of democracy nor the rule of force are ready to back up the administration - even the faction councils are dysfunctional. No wonder faction leaders are getting nervous. Take extreme care travelling by the Biotech or Tangent HQ, Next or Protopharma, as these spots can be unsafe now for runners of un-allied factions. The Pepper Park got even more dangerous - young runners are advised not to idle in front of Tsunami, Black Dragon or Crahn HQ gates. Always carry a stamina booster and medipack with you when travelling unsafe streets."

OOC: This should spice up city life quite a bit. Guards in the vicinity of jones quest places have to be somewhat less enthusiastic in fulfilling their duties. I'd even have the guards react on fac symp valus of each toon, but that'd be additional coding, i suppose. To prevent easy fac symp levelling, gain of that stat has to be disabled. Additional ideas, anyone?