Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi
PvP (specifically not including PvE) should activate a flag on your character, which has a cool down period of Y seconds. If you zone into a safe zone (specifically a safe zone) guards in the zone should react to that PvP flag and shoot you.
Personally, I think this is a really smart approach. Ideally it would involve a little polish on the GUI side of things (maybe something less prominent/intrusive than a buff/bonus indicator, but still visible when looked for).

I like this idea very much, because it does not further cripple the open world flow and freedom that players experience in Neocron.
It makes sense in terms of gameplay and also logically: Someone shooting other people could be dangerous.

Any sorts of gagging and crippling of movement, especially involving invisible walls or "you cannot sync for x seconds" type approaches will do more harm than good, for they impact everyone and draw even more attention to the "sync" that is already in its current form breaking flow when moving around.

One thing I would like to add is that it might be good if only the noweapon AI responds to the PvP-Attacker(!)-Flag.
That way you can still defend your base territory with a home advantage, while clubs and general safezones are less viable for sync whoring.