Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Multiple problems with weapons, and resists, and EHP balance issues

If we look at Cyberpunk and what it means to be "at the top of your game", and I don't care about PVE(I know it needs reworked as well)...we can establish classes and architypes there, and where should. But, in PVP...it's a bit ridiculous in a Cyberpunk game. We don't have critical hit, so...yeah....
    I don't want this to be me bitching about tanks, because I'm not. I'm actually, really, and truly disappointed in the current balance of the game. I believe this is the most unhappy I've been with Neocron and PVP thus far in terms of how useful ALL of the classes are at a given time.

Tested today:

Tank with ravager, devourer, and cursed soul against my PE doing chest shots(most common in cyberpunk games for accuracy of testing/damage)

Ravager used energy/xray ammo. Devourer was fire/poison. Cursed soul was Energy/Force.

Body health is the single best con stat to raise in terms of EHP up until lvl 75, then there are diminishing returns in comparison to resists.

Ravager is broken or something else is going on. The Energy/Xray damage did the same exact damage regardless of xray resist level and antigamma bones.
    Dev works as intended.
    Cursed soul force resist was not tested.

Energy seems to offer a larger amount of resist per point than both fire and poison.

The Con stat itself offers a boost to HP; automatically giving bonus to the tank...which does FAR too much damage for their possible EHP(effective hp), and far too low of damage for spy/pe for their lower effective HP.

Raising HLT will give you between 4-5hp(avg 5) per 1 skill point. So basically this turns into a diminishing return. 1 for 5, 1 for 2.5, 3 for 1.6

The problem? With mixing inquisition and blessed psi armor, with his set up and damage vs. me, you get approximately .6 dmg reduction in both fire AND poison per skill point spent. This was vs both the cursed soul and ravager, which don't do the same total damage. With my testing it was a FLAT RATE. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Why is it unacceptable? This makes the tank and his possible EHP leaps and BOUNDS above both the spy and PE, which, honestly the tank already has a large advantage over in terms of speed and usually damage. The tank also has access to splash weapons, which the PE and Spy generally do not.

IF you crunch the numbers in op fighting or overall PVP there is never an instance where the tank should come out on the losing end. They run strength as a primary, and thus have more options to resist piercing and have access to duranium to resist energy in equal fashion, the main damage types for spies and private eyes.

This is unacceptable for gameplay and balance across the board. We need a rework with testing, and we need (as I said in another thread) a "leveling off" towards the end of the leveling stem to have PVP be correct. We need more weapons to be viable. They are unacceptable at current state.

We have to remember:

Offense vs. Defense
    Damage vs. EHP
    Balance of weapons/normalization of top tier weapons(WoC weapons should all be normalized, MINIMUM.)
    Style
    STYLE.
    STYLE!
    Last edited by Model192; 25-01-13 at 07:21.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?