Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [RL #2012] Donations for Neocron

With the patch around the corner I got to a point where I really need to ask if there is some kind of donation option planned in the future?

And I mean: Donation! Not something where we get items or double XP or whatever.

We know you guys invest a ton of time.
    --> I don't know if we are allowed to or even should compensate that in money because it will be hard to split the money between you guys properly. (I saw money corrupt good teams and friends more than once...)

BUT: There are servers and bandwidth to be paid. I don't know who is paying for them right now but I guess you could open a bank account where all donations are collected. This money will only be spent on server costs, bandwidth and upgrades and stuff. If the donations do not suffice you can still top up by yourself but at least you have a bit less to pay.

I don't expect a quick answer to this but this is something you guys should discuss at a team meeting. I bet I am not the only one willing to throw in some cash now and then.

@Community: Are you guys willing to donate? If yes: How much? And will you donate only once or regularly/irregularly?

EDIT: Argh... I kind of botched that (admittedly bad) joke with [RL #2012]. This would have worked on BUG REPORTS but not on BRAINPORT. Sry for that
    Last edited by Mr. Kassad; 27-11-12 at 20:39. Reason: brain-lag