Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
That's the problem on my side:

What drew me to TH in the past (around 2004/2005. Yes, this forum acc is a new one) were not the NPC traders but the Player-Traders. The DOY-Player-Traders to be precise.
In the past those were not able to walk around in Plaza 1 as if this was the most normal thing in the world. So the only reasonable safe place to meet up with enemy faction traders was TH. It served as some kind of neutral trading ground for everyone. It was kinda taboo to do this as an CA player (RP-wise) but in most cases it was better to be frowned on than being ambushed in a fake trade agreement in the Wastelands.

So I think the reasons for the death of TH go deeper than just NPC-Traders.
It's about safe-zones like in Plaza 1. It's about the fact that COPBOTs don't care about Anti-NC faction players. It's about the fact that COPBOTs took over security in Pepper Park. It's about COPBOTs having no freeze and low damage nowadays.
This list could be expanded with a lot more facts.

So fixing TH is not about adding one feature but about re-introducing old game mechanics that made it necessary in the first place.
Faction relations are kinda broken nowadays. Apart from epics and FSM it is really unimportant to whom you belong. By re-introducing old advantages and disadvantages of being in a certain faction (like being attacked by guards in certain areas other than HQs) you would not only fix TH but a lot more about Neocron in general.

I hope this was not too confusing because of my bad English.
Amazing post, this is how the game should be again! As if a revolt faction such as TG can stroll around p1 plotting to overthrow the government.

Restore factions, patrols etc to as it was in NC1. Make TG hav apps in canyon, FA in TH etc.