Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
MC - Not convinced buffing up MC will do anything to help here, since I've been convinced it's a netcode issue that makes M-C tanks crap in PvP. May be wrong on this one.
I beg to differ on that view, I did fine on my melee tank before the 2.2 changes. There used to be issues way back where player location was very iffy compared to how it is now, the work around on that was putting melee range upto 10 meters, which helped out a hell of alot. The problem with melee now is that its damage seems to have been reduced in comparison to the damage caused by the equivalent ranged weapons around the same TL, and on top of that, the rate of fire is lower then it used to be.

Melee has no range to it, if youre the one thats jumped, at any distance, youre effectively screwed if someone knows how to take out your legs. however because of that, ive always felt that melee should do comparable damage to the other classes, because as a 'bonus' melee has unhindered movement which can be used practically as a weapon in itself to cause confusion or distractions.

There is that balance though, just putting the rate of fire up isnt a 1 hit fix, the base damage caused has to be taken into account too and find that balance that makes its damage on par with the other classes.