Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    no. parashock is just fucked up

it does nothing useful that doesnt detract from others fun in pvp

take it the feck out
    Don't play a ppu do you? Standard PPU actions leave you with enough mana to PS one person. So yeah, either remove it and give us something spangly or nerf it to hell....

I played a PPU for over 6 months before lomming to hybrid (wish i hadnt given my ppu stuff away so i could go back to ppu now)

i could cast holy para 3 times in a row

and nid, the poll said that 2 in 3 people want it out, [ edited ]

why does KK always want to please the minority, it seems a bit of a crappy policy, leaving most of the community pissed off so a few nibs can in a fight with a ppu strapped to their asses now and then

i'll bet i know which catagory all KK employees voted in
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 10-04-04 at 20:21. Reason: Flaming

So i think the distract mind idea sounded good. Just make it so that the target cant shoot the PPU anymore for a few seconds.
    That's an OK idea. But at the same time, the PPU needs to not be able to cast anything else, like Stealth. Otherwise they're now completely invincible. It will also need to have an obvious graphic, like a big transparent bubble surrounding the PPU or something.

I've always said that if we had a booster-type drug, something that worked instantly and had multiple charges (like a stamina booster), that would be something to try. People who are really shat on by parashock could carry a couple of these in their belts, and people could still get the effect para has now in PvM. Seems like a decent solution.

And don't go on about it being only a PvP problem. It's both, because the people who like it for PvM (and the skilless minority who like it for PvP) are always gonna oppose the majority who hate para. So there has to be a way to please both camps or nothing will be done.

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.
    Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by steweygrrr
    Don't play a ppu do you? Standard PPU actions leave you with enough mana to PS one person. So yeah, either remove it and give us something spangly or nerf it to hell....
    Cast para.
    Eat psi booster.
    By the time the cast finishes, mana pool is regained.
    While target takes an antishock, heal/S/D team mate.
    Cast para.
    Eat psi booster.
    Repeat.

Not exactly rocket science is it?

if something sucks, it should be removed
    And yet you're still here? Curious.

But seriously, the idea behind this thread is to come up with viable alternatives, NOT to have you sit here and say the same thing over and over.

Para protects the PPU against assholes players who can't play properly and like to harass people by shooting them pointlessly. If you suppress para, then suppress assholes players. And it'll be even.
    Vive Yourouba, le NOUVEAU prince de Pepper !

meta/JJ - rats de marais. Dome de Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfehh
    And yet you're still here? Curious.

But seriously, the idea behind this thread is to come up with viable alternatives, NOT to have you sit here and say the same thing over and over.

hmm, let me look back over the thread to where i insulted you..

oh yeah, I didn't

who are you on uranus out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma_b17
    if it is removed i would like to c it replaced with something usefull, the ppu rare pool is a joke :\
    And what do you call the APU rare pool? 2½ spells that you can barley use... thats a joke if anything is a joke....

Quote Originally Posted by meta-x
    Para protects the PPU against assholes players who can't play properly and like to harass people by shooting them pointlessly. If you suppress para, then suppress assholes players. And it'll be even.
    so wait, its a game based on PvP, your the best class defencively, most people RELY on para to kill ppus, shooting someone makes you an asshole

perhaps its YOU that cant play properly and need to rely on para to make up for YOUR lack of skill

You insulted me by wasting my time posting 'para sucks, remove it' in a thread that was meant to be constructive. On Uranus I am Pfehh and some others, who have been on hiatus for a while

hmm, let me look back over the thread to where i insulted you..

oh yeah, I didn't

who are you on uranus out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by meta-x
    YOU! VENUS GUY! BACK IN THE BOX! Your forums are here: http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?f=35

I'm pretty sure that we all know how the Venus population feels about this subject. I'm convinced that 50 of the 59 votes for keeping para in the original thread were from Venus players. The other nine were from Genty.

If you don't have a suggestion that makes sense, then don't chime in on this thread. And that goes for all you English forum readers too. Make a suggestion, or don't talk. We've already tried bitching about it, and it accomplished nothing. Multiple nothings.

This is supposed to be the new approach.

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.
    Even if you win, you're still retarded.

make distract mind so that ppl get a drunken effect (1 time casted lvl 1 drunk and maybe a secound lvl buit not furter) I mean you still can run away with drunk effect but fighting is harder,m so it fits in perfectly ^^

oh im sorry for wasting the 5 seconds of your life to read that post.

let me waste another few to scroll down this

and now that we've derailed and hijacked this thread (well, i could play the you started it game and just blame you as my first post DID have a reason in it

it does nothing useful that doesnt detract from others fun in pvp
    and you started throwing about insults) im gonna stop posting in this thread.

toodle pip

Make holy para a ring of paralysis that shoots outward from the caster and freezes EVERYONE in the vicinity.

How about that? Could use some tweaks. Can help the ppu escape, but also needs to be used at the right time.
    "Improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, I ching . . . whatever, man, we've got to roll with it."

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

How to remove Para completely with a story :

Dome of York, launches a large unknown missile, that releases some kind of gas in the atmosphere, which counters the effects of the parashock.

(however, this would force parashock form mobs to be removed too...)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast