Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like it.

105 67.74%
  • No, I dislike it.

50 32.26%
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Originally posted by Scikar
    Whether intentional or not, your post was not simply asking QD what he added to it, it was demanding that he justify his reasons for posting what you had already posted earlier.

Normally I would apologise at this point, but instead I'm going to watch as a mod edits your post.
    Yeah, I mean "What exactly about "make s/d self castable only" have you repackaged, polished and made more workable?" is certainly a "demand", and I'm certainly in a position to demand anything from QD.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 21-11-03 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
    wtf, where's eric?
    *waves*

You are surprised why i am not against this or what? Well.. i am not one of those people who have a PPU sticked to them all the time, so i have no problem at all with this change.

And it's no PPU nerf as well.

Originally posted by QuantumDelta :Which is why, idiots should not be allowed to do class balance. | Originally posted by hinch: infact idiots should be put on mute on forum completely

Originally posted by Celt
    Yeah, I mean "What exactly about "make s/d self castable only" have you repackaged, polished and made more workable?" is certainly a "demand", and I'm certainly in a position to demand anything from QD.

[ edited ]

Well it looks like a demand to me. And if I was flaming you I'd use words like, oh, maybe buffoon, or idiot.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 21-11-03 at 03:01.

Originally posted by ericdraven
    *waves*

You are surprised why i am not against this or what? Well.. i am not one of those people who have a PPU sticked to them all the time, so i have no problem at all with this change.

And it's no PPU nerf as well.

No it's that usually any change gets a "stop whining and play the game" type of response from you.
    "Improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, I ching . . . whatever, man, we've got to roll with it."

hypocrite is an insult, if you dont think so the buffoon, idiot and fool certainly arent either.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
    No it's that usually any change gets a "stop whining and play the game" type of response from you.
    True.
    But i think this change would reduce the whining on the forums quite a lot... at least i HOPE this.

Originally posted by QuantumDelta :Which is why, idiots should not be allowed to do class balance. | Originally posted by hinch: infact idiots should be put on mute on forum completely

My post contained evidence of your hypocrisy. You just tacked idiot and buffoon on the end of your posts because you think I'm going to get wound up about it or maybe leave the thread. If you really knew what you were doing, you wouldn't need to say idiot or buffoon, the post would speak for itself.

FLUX

Originally posted by Dribble Joy
    No, you miss the point.
    We want to level the playing field between the 4 combat classes.
    As it stands now, with PPU buffs in place, monks out perform the others by a HUGE margin.
    We relegate the PPU to a rezz/heal/buff role so that the actual combat is fair.
    Nee, What I get QD means:
    make s/d selfcast only
    increase natural defence a little
    decrease damage of all a little
    or vise versa, modify mobs..

now where do the sanctums and group s/d go?
    I though letting them be in game, not as effective. So at start they might have ppu's group s/d, which is not much better than selfcast.
    why would ppu go in a middle of enemies and allies to cast group s/d or sanctum? it's only in the start of the fight. (makes them go rezz/heal/buff)
    Now there wouldn't be any modify on "natural defence" and damage, or mobs. because of the group s/d. apus have to run after ppu group s/d ends...
    On PVM again, doesn't need any defence increase on team, simple group s/d and everyones happy..

where did I go wrong? tanks, spies and pes having their on s/d and apu has none? (lower the effect on apu even more )?
    Time for Confessions. Capped Characters: 0.
    Cruzbroker - Uranus - APU - Always been one, except when hybrids were the worst. Since ~7/2003.
    Transfix - Uranus - HC Tank - First started as MC, but when MC got a boost LoMed to HC.
    Ninja ^^ - Uranus - Tradeskills Spy - Research (170) / Construct (160), Vehicle Use (105)/ Repair (130) + Obliberator (TC 110?)...
    Neutral - Uranus - Lowtech Rifle PE - Without PA.

Group spells would defeat the point of removal

Group holy heal could stay, I don't know what to say 100% about sanctums ...
    I would prefer S/D Sanctum gone, but keep the others obviously..

It's generally just a case of removing S/D from the PPUs Team-Bonus count

It is, the foreign cast PPU S/D that unbalances the defence and offence in the other classes, so this is the most logical solution.....
    "Come, Paladin, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant class."

FLUX

Nah, it's not like group spell would be as good as holy s/d now.
    about the same as selfcast s/d (tl <25), maybe remove shelter...
    (edit: lol no help at all :O)

(oh well 2:40 am here, good excuse)

edit: shit, maybe I just feel naked without them. Group Heal teh only left group spell? noo shelter makes difference..
    Last edited by Cruzbroker; 21-11-03 at 03:00.
    Cruzbroker - Uranus - APU - Always been one, except when hybrids were the worst. Since ~7/2003.
    Transfix - Uranus - HC Tank - First started as MC, but when MC got a boost LoMed to HC.
    Ninja ^^ - Uranus - Tradeskills Spy - Research (170) / Construct (160), Vehicle Use (105)/ Repair (130) + Obliberator (TC 110?)...

Have I missed something?

This is about the total removal of shields being foreign cast? Only self, and in all forms including groups and sanctum spells?

I would say remove both Group and Sanctum for S/D. No use for it, no one can lowbie exploit PPU's (for s/d) so no use for sanctum, and since you're casting on yourself, no need for Group. Leave Holy Group Heal, but move it up a little in Techlevel so it’s harder to cap.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Celt and Scikar - I'm going to put you both in a hurt locker if this carries on. The ignore button may be just the thing for you both...

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

FLUX

Originally posted by Keiron
    I would say remove both Group and Sanctum for S/D. No use for it, no one can lowbie exploit PPU's (for s/d) so no use for sanctum, and since you're casting on yourself, no need for Group. Leave Holy Group Heal, but move it up a little in Techlevel so it’s harder to cap.
    Ok, I came to same thoughts after having lots of weird images in my head.

Lots of ideas have been proposed, this sounds like yet another good one. You will have to be careful how much you reduce everyone's offensive powers. Fights between players need to last a decent amount of time, in order to make it worthwhile with how long it often takes to leadup to a fight. If I'm going got spend half an hour gettin my team to the op, I want a fight that will last longer then 10 minutes. I really don't want to fall over dead from an APU that shot me 4 times, nor do I want to be turned into swiss cheese from a Tank who suddenly appears near me.

I'm not sure how it happened, but currently our defensive/offensive powers are a runaway train. Players can deal massive damage, especialy compared to how much health we have. Monsters typicly have tons more health then we do. To compensate our defensive powers were leapfrogged with shelter/deflector. It's insane how much damage is negated by puttin up a shelter/deflector. Your most powerful weapon is turned into a pea shooter, bouncing off me with little damage. They've already introduced mobs which do insane damage to compete with shelter/deflector. Mobs which are almost one hit killers, ie MC5 and Kamikazes. The next step will be to increase player damage to compensate, then we start over again.

Making shelter/deflector self cast would throw a monkey wrench in the system and would help bring us back down to more reasonable levels. However personaly I think we should go with a shelter/deflector strength reduction instead. Make s/d a boost to enhance your already impressive defenses. Currently it so far outpaces your defenses that PPU's can getaway with ignoring their con setups. Make s/d reasonable, enhance player's natural defenses, lower our offensive capability, and I think you'd have a much better Neocron
    "We're on an express elevator to Hell, goin' down!"

It's 10 o'clock, do you know where your hoe is?
    P.I.M.P. (Pleasure Industry Money Power)

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast