Thread: No PPU's in NC?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally posted by DartVader
    why not just remove PvP?
    Sounds like the ideal solution for me - whiners can stop complaining that others Chars are "uber" or "unkillable" ...
    That's a good one!

Originally posted by QuantumDelta :Which is why, idiots should not be allowed to do class balance. | Originally posted by hinch: infact idiots should be put on mute on forum completely

I'm not even going to bother arguing about how you people want the class I have played since I subscribed deleted since it always leads to flaming.

Just this one thing: How would YOU like if your class was removed? And every item/weapon/implant you earned that was so hard to get and decent is now useless? (for example my slotted spells). It isnt fair to the people losing their class to now have nothing of worth. Or for them to be useless until they can lom to something else and THEN find some new equipment..

Originally posted by Eledhbrant

Just this one thing: How would YOU like if your class was removed? And every item/weapon/implant you earned that was so hard to get and decent is now useless? (for example my slotted spells). It isnt fair to the people losing their class to now have nothing of worth. Or for them to be useless until they can lom to something else and THEN find some new equipment..
    Heh, yea, I'd want tanks and APUs removed for actually doing damage

As for mankinds changes....
    wtf dude, those heals?
    As for "All buffs" being removed, kills PEs and Spies maximum potential gets nerfed.
    Tanks get shit taken away from them, APUs get shit taken from them.

Cough.

And you can say good bye to getting through places like Chaos Caves "Quickly"
    Or even trying it at all for most people with rezz gone.

MC5? LOL
    "Come, Paladin, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant class."

I propose a "PPU free" server.

Watching it's people count.. everyone will go there.. according to the whiners on the forum.. 500 people at peak-time on the ppu free server.

Two weeks later.. 10 people.. hm... what's wrong? You don't like it anymore? Got no new MC5 parts? No strange books? Very strange..

Originally posted by QuantumDelta :Which is why, idiots should not be allowed to do class balance. | Originally posted by hinch: infact idiots should be put on mute on forum completely

Originally posted by ericdraven
    I propose a "PPU free" server.

Watching it's people count.. everyone will go there.. according to the whiners on the forum.. 500 people at peak-time on the ppu free server.

Two weeks later.. 10 people.. hm... what's wrong? You don't like it anymore? Got no new MC5 parts? No strange books? Very strange..

Obviously KK would tone the monsters down to an appropriate level.
    "Improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, I ching . . . whatever, man, we've got to roll with it."

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
    Obviously KK would tone the monsters down to an appropriate level.
    Yes.. so that you can kill the MC5 commander with your fists.

only reason i play NC is because of ppu. not everyone enjoys PKing you know.

FLUX

It's not PvP when PPU gets involved, it's PK. OP fight's different, APUs have Antibuff, maybe they just reduce a little on who u can cast things.
    Time for Confessions. Capped Characters: 0.
    Cruzbroker - Uranus - APU - Always been one, except when hybrids were the worst. Since ~7/2003.
    Transfix - Uranus - HC Tank - First started as MC, but when MC got a boost LoMed to HC.
    Ninja ^^ - Uranus - Tradeskills Spy - Research (170) / Construct (160), Vehicle Use (105)/ Repair (130) + Obliberator (TC 110?)...
    Neutral - Uranus - Lowtech Rifle PE - Without PA.

PPUs are unbalnced as you say...but they should not be nerfed. I have thought at one time that all direct heals/shelters/deflectors should removed, but then you still have the problem of resurection. The way (imo) to balance PvP is as follows.

#1 Add new damage types to the CON category, and lower the cap on damage resistance. This would give tanks thier true role as the "damage takers" in the game. I can have (as a PE) better resistance than a tank, and the fubar. Nobody aside from a tank should have good resistance against all forms of damage.
    #2 Considerably increase the amount of damage that force/piercing does. I have seen unbuffed APUs take four hits from a capped SH, and that's fubar.
    #3 Remove parashock, it has no place in a skill based game....may as well have a spell that makes you put your gun away for 30 seconds.
    #4 Resurection should have at least a 5% SI penalty. This would stop people from returning directly into battle after they have died.
    #5 give spies binoculars, thermal/nightvision. Give them the ability to hunt down their spy adversary.
    #6 Remove the Mental stediness category from PSI, and replace it with exotic PSI. Resurection, debuffs, and damage boost should be some of the many spells in this catagory. This will stop an invincible (or close enough) PPU being able run into a group to rezz. If you wan't to rezz then you are going to sacrafice some of your defences. If you want to debuff, you are going to sacrafice some of your insane damage.
    #5 driving should be intel based, not dex based. Spies and PEs sacrafice ALOT to drive.
    #6 Give hackers a way to track somebody down. If somebody kills you, you should be able to hunt that person down until he logs, or dies.
    #7 Remove safe zones. The only difference from a safe zone and an anarchy zone should be the belt drop rule. Yes, I should be able to kill that evil constructor that lied to me in plaza one.
    #8 Increase the drop rate on rares......everybody should have to hunt warbots until they puke. Not only do rares give a sence of accomplashment, but the give a certain stature. If you lower the rare neccecaty, than you take away that accomplashment. You remove the NEED to hunt.....You kill NC.

I am quite certain that none of this will be added into NC.....I'm just on a rant, and wanted somebody to see.

EDIT: Other spells that should be in the exotic catagory would be spells that increase con by 5/10/15, or PSi 5/10/15....etc. It would last 10 minutes, but would let you wear your high level armor without drugs.
    Last edited by ghandisfury; 27-09-03 at 22:33.

Heres an idea why doesnt everybody who whines about PPUs spoiling PvP get thereselves an APU who actually acts as a support char and actually debuffs PPUs. The equipment to take down PPUs is already there in place people just fucking learn how to use it!!! Myself and an allied tank tookdown a holy para using PPU while a couple of others shot up his APU friend. All I did was keep debuffing the PPU and the tank shot him up until I finished him off with an energy beam. It was a little easier than I thought so he cant have been that good but the tools are there and if you cant take the time to practice and use the damn things before
    you start calling for the removal of an entire class you deserve to get owned by anyone with a PPU stuck up there ass. So take my advice get an APU and a PPU and try and come up with new strageties to take PPUs down, adapt and survive those are the watch words.

Ether are you reading what you're saying? You're only further proving that an imbalance exists in neocron.
    "Improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, I ching . . . whatever, man, we've got to roll with it."

I don't want to need a monk with me all the time. Actually I need two, an APU and a PPU, since I can't buff or debuff. I'd like to be needed as well.
    In nonsense is strength. - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12