Thread: No PPU's in NC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No PPU's in NC?

Just posted a few many times but here goes an extreme idea...I've been playing a PPU extensively lately and have seen the countless posts about parashock, etc.. Anyone wonder what it would be like if there were NO PPU's at all? The only reason I'm thinking about is that no one seems to do anything without them now. I remember the "old" days when some quality whoopass tank would sneak up behind mine when hunting and start plugging away. It was a one on one challenge. And there were also times when entire groups of players would raid and/or defend OPs without them. Now no one goes anywhere without a PPU. And we've all seen posts and complaints regarding eager OP raiders who are met with no opposition because "Our PPU's aren't on. Sorry..." Raids on TG, TH, and MB as well are almost NEVER done without PPU's present.

Not sure about other classes but as a tank, in a team, Ive been able to get through the Chaos caves without PPU buffs. MC5 is screwed IMO so I won't mention that, but before the glass was removed I witnessed players soloing it (AoE, kill, zone, come back and collect loot). I've seen EVERY class solo a Grim Chaser with the right approach. The only mobs I can think of where a PPU is a necessity in a team, other than MC5, are in the Worm Tunnels.

There are class imbalances, given, but I'm being idealistic

Then there's resurrection. How many players out there rely on resurrection in PvP? It's a given now. Most people play with the attitude that if they bite it, they bank on getting resurrected. What if there was no resurrection? What if when you died, the penalty was you HAD to get your pokes. Hardly a penalty compared to, well, RL.

The bottom line is, without PPU's, the outcome of both PvM and PvP situations would be be based solely on character development and player skills. Gameplay would be faster and more intense, and even more entertaining I think because you wouldn't have the comfort of a PPU, essentially, correcting your mistakes and/or misfortunes, and neither would your enemies.

Bedtime. Flame away.

Considering recently i had to lom from apu to ppu to make up for a lack of ppus in my clan yes i totally agree with you. When a clan faces a skilled ooposition at an op war with 3+ ppus and you have 1 or none, unless you are very lucky or their ppus seriously screw up you usually have little chance at sucess.

Of course the opposite is true that one can just get themselves a ppu or ppus etc.

At the end yes i totally agree in concept to what your saying.

But let me tell you this being a babysitter ppu is no easy job. And yes it does take skills in its own right. Just not pvp skills more or less babysitting skills.

TBH if kk would just work on the concepts of turrets more, to where they are actually beneficial to defense, rather than just earlyw arning alarms. PPU's might not be so heavily needed. For instance the healing turret etc etc

I dunno i feel for kk and the situation they are in atm. Op wars need some serious looking into.

Originally posted by IronMonkey

But let me tell you this being a babysitter ppu is no easy job. And yes it does take skills in its own right. Just not pvp skills more or less babysitting skills.

heh. I know, I used to buff and heal you in the Aggie cellars when we were noobs. (Roniziwa)

i'd like my dogtags back by the way.

haha i got em in my cabs somewhere i think. I used to collect ppu dogtags lol

Didn't know that was you =-)

I'll check if i got em and dm u in game tmmrw or later today sometime

j/k. No sweat

But yeah. I hope other players appreciate their PPU's. It's a crappy job :/

I think I'd like the game without PPUs, even though I am one.

Ressurection - Remove it.
    Getting pokes after death - Remove it.
    Experience cut after death - Implement it.

This would mean that if you die, you start back at a genrep. You still have to recover items and can still drop belts. You still get synaptic impairment. But let's say you were 4mil away from leveling PSI to 95. Well now you are 6 mil away from leveling PSI to 95. But it will never go under the number. So if you were PSI of 95 and only got 2 mil experience so far, you would lose a little over 2 mil, but you wouldn't go under PSI of 95. Capped players would have the advantage of a no-death penalty other than loss of belt and backpack, but who says capped players shouldn't get some sort of reward?

Holy Paralysis - Remove it.

Yup, it only slows down PvP. Alot more fun playing Neocron without a PPU around. Many have found this out in battles in Pepper park. Go in, have loads of fun. The second a PPU turns up, it's about the opposition finding one. If they don't, they won't strike back and fight.

Heal - Don't Remove it.
    What to do with it? Change it.

Make it so any character can use heal. It will still have the requirements as is, but will heal in the following manner:

Tank: Heals 10% of health every 2 seconds.
    PE: Heals 20% of health every 2 seconds.
    Spy: Heals 15% of health every 2 seconds.
    Monk: Heals 25% of health every 2 seconds.

Well that's just the way I'd like to see NC without PPUs.

Fighting at PP for example is always fun, to the point when enemy ppu shows up.

IF ppus were removed or "truely" balanced, I would be sooooooo happy.
    "Improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, I ching . . . whatever, man, we've got to roll with it."

Originally posted by Mankind
    Well that's just the way I'd like to see NC without PPUs.
    ok - you want a Monk with Deflector, Shelter, resist Booster, Damageboost with the Damage output of an APU and the ability to restore full Health in 8 seconds?

think about it ...
    if you run, you'll only die tired...
    Chars: Albertus (PPU), Conan(Tank), Junkie(Resser, Rifle-Spy) und MechMax(Conster, Repper, Recycler) auf Uranus

nope i want all buffs removed as well

PPUs ruined the game if you ask me. i do belieave kk could balance them by making shields not castable on others. and possibly even creating some type of substitute for para. but if ppus just disapeared and were deleted(i also have a good ppu) i woudnt mind at all. i would be happy
    Im to Lazy for this....

Default hmm

As they are yes PPU sux ass.

they ruin the game. i dont like the fact one man/woman can change the outcome of a whole war no matter the ods. (ive seen 3 guys a APU a PPU and a tank killed 20+ without a PPU and thats bullshit)

too lazy to set custom title Andronicus's Avatar

Yes 100% agree this game would be better without the PPUs. PvP is the driving force behind what makes this game truly interesting - but when a one side has a PPU and the other does not - PvP goes down the drain.

I`ve written about this before. I think the idea of having a healing/buffing and ressurecting character in game that is so incredibly hard to kill is mad. I`ve always felt that weapons should "outdo" heals and buffs, given the right weapontype is used no matter what.

I`d like to see ppu`s as a class your team had to keep safe and defend in a fight. I don`t see this happen though, because the ppu needs its abilities to justify it being pure and in that respect the current system works fine.

How about ppus being turned into a some sort of shaolin monk. Toned down defensive spells and stuff combined with some kickass meele weapons, speed and crazy acrobathics and some zen ability to kick the stealther spys ass.

why not just remove PvP?
    Sounds like the ideal solution for me - whiners can stop complaining that others Chars are "uber" or "unkillable" ...
    if you run, you'll only die tired...
    Chars: Albertus (PPU), Conan(Tank), Junkie(Resser, Rifle-Spy) und MechMax(Conster, Repper, Recycler) auf Uranus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast