Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Psi Shields no longer castable on others

if ppus could no longer cast shields on others then the game would finnaly be balanced and we can all say good by to monk o cron. any one think this is a good or bad idea?
    Im to Lazy for this....

i thought psi sheild has always been self cast...
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Sure, so, what use would you then see for the PPU monk to fulfill? Stand in the bankground, leaching EXP, just so they can cast holy shelter group on themselves?

Yes, very balancing idea, totally destroy a class which is balanced in its defence/offence.

Anna - lexx if you dont get that out of your sig im never talking to you again, and you know i mean that

you do have a point lexxuk. i think the real hard thing is to get the ppu to balance both pvp and pvm.

also i ment shelter and deflecter as shields.

well a ppu still boosts, heals, damage boosts, paras(not horibbly useful in pvm) and Soul Cluster(still needs major reworking to be realy useful)

i do have a ppu. and i find that i can defend people by keeping heals on them just as well as keeping shields.

well i think inturn for not being able to shield others Para should serously reduce RoF of mobs. If a ppu boosts heals damage boosts and paras then the ppu will not be nerfed in PvM and will no longer ruin PvP
    Im to Lazy for this....

the PPU monk "is" balanced in its capabilities, its a support role, it supports other char's with boosts/shelters/ressurect.

It would be like saying to researchers, you can research, but your cubes can only be used by yourself.

Or constructors, you can make a gun, which can only be used by yourself.

the PPU's role is one of support, not of "love thyself, screw everyone else n let em die to the 120/120 mob that just thrown a huge fireball at them"

Anna - lexx if you dont get that out of your sig im never talking to you again, and you know i mean that

I agree but their Shelter ability makes an almost invincible shield that only apus can bypass.

its like saying Spys get new that makes him and any one he uses it on stealth. Pistols PEs can now use a eye implant that gives heat vision to see stealthers. Now only pistol pes can kill people that have a spy stealth boost. Also now PEs and SPYs are the most used chars in the game.

do you see how now every other class is useless?
    Im to Lazy for this....

PPUs are no way near ballanced. What I would do is thus:

1) Remove Parashock (also all freezer guns)
    2) Change the distract mind spell (it was in a recent thread) so that it is cast on a runner and that runner can no longer target the PPU for 10 secs or so.

That would balance them from my point of view.

the only main reason PPU's piss me off is because of paraSPAM

if they reduced the effects to like 20% speed reduction instead of 80, and increased the mana cost i think that would be perfect.

if not then why not buff up the freezer cannons and pistols like they used to be, so i can spec for freezer pistols like the leet days and go around zapping people so they couldnt move all then blasting them in the back. thats basically how it is now, only not every class can do it...only PPU's, and thats the problem.

No, please just remove all freezer weapons. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

ya i agree but i didnt want to put to much nerf on ppus at one time lol. i dont think the distract mind is realy a nerf if they do it like this:

a ppu casts it at 30 a min(thats 2 secs cast time) and it makes the target un able to shoot any one for 3 sec.

this way ppu can support a group well with out having to use gay para. i would rather have distract mind on me then para becasue its not that easy to make a spell running that slow hit every time and you will still be able to run and dodge bullets putting skill in use.

also i would edit what i said before. instead of para making mobs shoot slow the distract mind would.

any one have a ppu that can tell us how bad they think this would nerf them?(i personly have a ppu and think this would be great)
    Im to Lazy for this....

I don't think that's a bad idea either snake...but usually when i para, i para not neccessarily for the person not to shoot me back, but to stop them from running away...

But I think you have something with the distract mind

and if u find that being frozen is so hard to deal with why not crank up the mouse sensitivity?

Originally posted by Lexxuk
    Sure, so, what use would you then see for the PPU monk to fulfill? Stand in the bankground, leaching EXP, just so they can cast holy shelter group on themselves?

Yes, very balancing idea, totally destroy a class which is balanced in its defence/offence.
    You forget about all the other skills that the monk brings to the table. Boosting, Healing, Rezzing, Damage Boosting, Paraspamming. I hardly think they will become useless.
    ~ above sanity / behind reason ~

ya i said something simmalir mantus. ok well now the only question is that with out para people can just run away very easily.

well is that realy such a bad thing? i dont know any one got any ideas that woudnt ruin pvp but still keep a person from being able to run away to easily? Or do you think that we should let people run away i mean we all know who won the fight. jsut cause some one didnt have to get repoked and stuff dosnt mean you didnt win or lose a fight.
    Im to Lazy for this....

there was already a 50% reduction in casting on others...thats enough. the ONLY problem are freeeeezers. especially holy paraSPAM

hmmm maybe take the freeze down again...I don't agree with taking the whole thing out, but tone it down a bit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast