This is from a fresh reinstall, I've not had enough energy to change it. I'm really lazy. This was my background for a while

http://mrpist.com/ROM-big.html

Nice and neat:

Originally posted by Ulle
    ulle.bmp

i personally have a "Stuff i use Normally" folder where most of my junk goes that i errr....use normally
    I always make a "Common" folder that I put those items in.

Make a link on the desktop to it and one from the start menu, just in case the desktop is covered.

Although Neocron does get a desktop icon

-p
    Uranus Server

Originally posted by Progenitor
    I always make a "Common" folder that I put those items in.

Make a link on the desktop to it and one from the start menu, just in case the desktop is covered.

Although Neocron does get a desktop icon

-p
    It's just easyer to have proggys icons on the desktop, esp when they can snap you out very quickly and without warning, or if you have to write up a report on how itt happened, what you where trying to do, and other vitals.. it's just easyer..
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasel
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    What's so hard about Q'alooaith?
    Well, for one thing it sounds like the name of some ancient and powerful demon whose internal organs are hanging outside it's body. For another thing it's staring at me evilly. I think your name doesn't like me.

My desktop is fairly clean, but thats probably because i formatted a few days ago Got to get round to installing a few programs actually, but been too busy with NC and IRL stuff :O

I had one of my old desktop shots lying about somewhere on my ftp. Ill try and add that too if i can find it.

Uncluttered

If I could be arsed.. and had hosting.. I would show off my desktop with a cool wallpaper I made myself (collage of all the stuff I like - which is out of date incidentally :P) and it uses Litestep - a AMAZING, fully customisable shell replacement (none of that start menu/taskbar crap - this is the real deal with transparent menus and scripted actions and stuff.

Eddie

EDIT: Oh and mine's the most uncluttered - I'm a minimalistic - Everything is but a hotkey or mouse button away.

EDIT2: Here it is then:

And I mean it's REALLY out of date - I've yet to update it. Top bar is the taskbar (duh!) - the "popup" is my start menu - below the taskbar is "label" which shows me some info - bottom right is systray - above that is my mail - which checks my mail every 10 mins and shows how many new emails I've got - there's a VWM manager bottom right (which is hidden - it appears if you move your mouse over that edge) - and all sorts of other hidden, behind the scene stuff. I still haven't finished yet - I wanna get rainmeter up and running (which shows graphically your CPU usage, Net In/Out speeds, etc. etc.).

EDIT3: And btw I do know what that chinese at the bottom says :P
    Last edited by Eddie; 18-08-03 at 15:26.

~Nice background Pit .....

I'm still trying to figure out why some ppl cover their icons with blackboxes .......I mean normal ppl who think .."hey i'll post my desktop" would either remove short cuts that are dodgy or not post altogether

Its a Psalmopoeus irminia SunTiger

For those of you who don't like having a pretty desktop image and then have ugly block colors over icon text.

http://www.angells.com/fun/ieskins/transparent/

another MW player I see..

This thread anit very 56K freindly, maybe I should have put a warning in the title....
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasel
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    What's so hard about Q'alooaith?
    Well, for one thing it sounds like the name of some ancient and powerful demon whose internal organs are hanging outside it's body. For another thing it's staring at me evilly. I think your name doesn't like me.

Bah, a little heavy downloading never hurt anyone.

Here's my desktop now, a little more eye candy

Akk shit...........i knew i should of gone for the big black box to cover it

Originally posted by MortuusLupus
    For those of you who don't like having a pretty desktop image and then have ugly block colors over icon text.

http://www.angells.com/fun/ieskins/transparent/
    this is a cool transparency thing too
    [urlhttp://www.winload.de/download/18047/Grafik_Desktop/Desktoptools/Glass.2k-0.9.2.html[/url] (its in german but all you need is the download button)
    Last edited by Duff; 18-08-03 at 16:11.

MortuusLupus: Merc hooker? whats tht Post it so i can have it

Banned User

Dunno if mines cluttered or not but it works for me

Agree with the "backing icons out" thing... why?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast