Just get a SUV, you'lle fit right in .

Just get a SUV, you'lle fit right in .

(Sorry couldn't help myself.)

Might I suggest you try Vehix or another site like it.

If it is availble - someone is selling one.

Although for three years, you might just want to lease it instead of buying it. You'd never get your money back on selling it after 3 years.

-p
    Uranus Server

awww u broke the chain!

vehix doesnt have them

as for spares etc ignore the price consideration. asume for the time being that "money is no option" im just trying to find a place i can buy one.

im not fussed about loosing lots of money on resale or anything just want to get my hands on one thats all

sorry but there is no way of importing a car into america legaly unless its an american version of the car. I know this because I am a member of the TDI club in america. www.tdiclub.com. There are much better diesels in Europe, and these guys have looked into every avenue as to how you can import european cars into america. Unless it is 15 years old...no way. It has to do with the fact that they weren't built to comply with US safety standards. Its really just trade protection but there it is. I know a good shiping company though that would ship my car from US to Germany for 700$ Its pretty darn cheap but i am afraid you'll never legally use your car in America. (not because its right-hand drive, though)

sorry for the double post, but with the old skyline deal. The importer paid to have about 10 of those crash tested so he could have them certified to sell in America. So unless it is a model that has gone through testing in America, you can't do it legally

If you're moving to America, I suggest you:
    • Store your Skyline where you're at, because you'll never get it smogged in any state. Your chances of getting it stolen are far higher than getting it US-street-legal. You WILL be pulled over by any cop you pass because Skyline's are JUST NOT SEEN HERE. Ignoring all this, expect to pay somewhere around $1200-1400 USD a month for insurance (which is mandatory).
    • Drop your accent for something resembling..., oh I dunno... Texas or Kentucky.
    • Buy yourself a massive piece of American steel such as a '63 Cadillac or a late 60's Lincoln. The fewer miles to the gallon it gets, the better. Put cattle horns on the front of it, and a horn that plays "Dixie".
    • Complain that $1.90 a gallon is too much to pay for Gasoline to everyone you come in contact with.
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Originally posted by Cass
    • Store your Skyline where you're at, because you'll never get it smogged in any state. Your chances of getting it stolen are far higher than getting it US-street-legal. You WILL be pulled over by any cop you pass because Skyline's are JUST NOT SEEN HERE. Ignoring all this, expect to pay somewhere around $1200-1400 USD a month for insurance (which is mandatory).
    • Drop your accent for something resembling..., oh I dunno... Texas or Kentucky.
    • Buy yourself a massive piece of American steel such as a '63 Cadillac or a late 60's Lincoln. The fewer miles to the gallon it gets, the better. Put cattle horns on the front of it, and a horn that plays "Dixie".
    • Complain that $1.90 a gallon is too much to pay for Gasoline to everyone you come in contact with.

LMFAO, although it isnt like that in NE US, everyone has a SUV around here. or a bmw.

isnt skyline drivers seat on the rigth side???

Originally posted by Cass
    euro emissions standards are twice as harsh as the us so if it matches over here then the us is simple. insurance/cost isnt an issue
    being pulled over is its bad enough over here
    if i cant get what i want then i think ive got the 2nd choice found after searching for a old `68 mustang convertiable on google i found this
    http://www.sandersonsales.com/eleanor.html

There's also the crash test issue.

Most US vehicles have to be built with an extra engineered in "Retard Factor" - some people will do just plain fucking dumb shit, then merrily sue when they fuck themselves up.

Example: Airbags have to be approx twice as powerful as EU ones because of some people refusing to wear seatbelts, and suing when the airbag alone didn't protect them.

air bags have been toned down over here because there has been several death incidents due to air bag snapping necks

that's what im trying to say though. It doesn't matter that the European Standards are better, they aren't recognized as being so. That's the reason why we have crappy headlights. The E-Codes that you guys have are far better, but DOT is the standard here, it sucks, but because its the standard you have to follow it.

Originally posted by hinch

PS. dont care if its not legal
    Stay in your own country then, if you aren't willing to obey the laws here.

Originally posted by Martlet
    Stay in your own country then, if you aren't willing to obey the laws here.
    bite me tbh its a car i like driving and i like my big fast cars but i like proper cars not these 2mpg american tanks that drive like a park bench on jelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast