Apparently, the fellow that wrote this dosen't believe in 'Do unto others as you wish to be done to you', or basically, for the gentanks in the audience 'Respect and be respected'.
    #neocron
    [8:17] * Nidhogg[Mod|IFW] is now known as Nodhigg
    [8:17] * Omni|Part-ty hands Nidhogg a BanShovel(tm)
    --Remember kids, 42/745 is a Fraction, Twilight Guardian is a Faction--

Originally posted by \\Fényx//
    enlighten us =P
    Well i work with customer support/service on mobile phones and stuff like that, nuff said!

What a professional site I doubt anyone will take it seriously, mabey they could discredit nc, however they'd have to wait a few years to grow up, become more mature and get a better grasp of the english language.

Default Re: Re: hmm

Originally posted by Shockwave
    I've always seen it as a fairly solid rule in life: Never abuse someone who you want to do something for you. They've always got some way of causing you trouble, even if you never find out about it,
    It is called a negative powerbase (afair). There is a good book called "Understanding Organizations" by charles B Handy (no joke).

Basically everyone has a power base (Knowledge, money, negative, etc).

Negative powerbase would be like pissing off the guy who sorts your mail. They have the power to mess you up. So never annoy them. ^^

OK - from a GM perspective...

I finish work, I get home about 6.30, eat and then log into NC to do some support.
    1st call I see is someone complaining about another runner who he suspects is cheating.

I talk to said runner and ask what he has seen / found. He has nothing concrete, but we take all calls like this seriously. All of a sudden, because he has no proof whatsoever, I am suddenly abused for doing "f*ck all to help NC succeed - I want to pull my head out of my arse and go ban this f*cking prick". I explain that with no screenshots and nothing to show someone is cheating, all I can do is monitor the situation. "WTF!!! Whats wrong with you - I'm sick of this shit. You never do f*ck all". And so the torrent of abuse continued. Once he had finished, and I tried to explain again, he started again. I warned him 3 times not to continue talking to me in that way. The final "f*ck you !" got him a trip to the Crystal Caves 3 so he could think about his actions whilst getting out.

For those who don't know, arn't sure, etc. most GM's are volunteers and do not get paid for this. Of course, there are a couple of KK employees who run the whole GM / Mod teams, but the vast majority are doing this because we enjoy the game so much, we want to give something back. We do this by offering our spare time to helping everyone else. It is NOT because we get a power trip from this. Your standard GM (ISS) has next to no powers outside of what is needed for day to day support. We can't spawn items, we can't fix factions / sympathies, we can't log into player accounts. Actions are logged to keep a close check on abuse.

It can be hard work when you get abused for trying to help - but we try to deal with it in the best way possible.

Originally posted by StormWarden
    The final "f*ck you !" got him a trip to the Crystal Caves 3 so he could think about his actions whilst getting out.
    You are my hero. Take no crap.

*Whoop Whoop* gogogogo LOL i like the crystal caves 3 hehehehehe

I have worked in a supermarket and im currently employed as a mailman. So man do u get tired of Crap ass idiot customers.
    This sounds like its originating from the "customer is always right" BS.

But luckily im in Denmark in a supermarket if they slanders me i tell them to leave if they dont i call the manager and explains he can then handle them as he sees fit ( usually tells them to get the Fuck out ) im not paid to take shit if they dont like me go somewhere else.

(so true Archeus)
    Man i wish u had the priviliges i have as a mailman if someone slanders me or attacks me well here in Denmark im equal to a policeman, yea if u hit me u might as well be assaulting a police officer. Also if someone cant keep his dogs in line or something like that EG. is unpleasant, apears threatening, he simply wont get mail end of story. If we are uncomfortable we dont go near em.
    (And thats what a mailofficer can do officially)

so an idea( just a thought from my end id rather u had a kill switch and a ban stick but hey this might be better and achieavable atm)
    Write em up and simply ignore em let the paid service handle them. ( They hopefully can ban/kill /Punish ) so once they are on this list they wont get support from voluntary gm's at all. If u feel nice give them a chance to get off it by apologising or summat.

(edited for spelling)
    Pluto - Freedomforce - Agerne Close combat PE.
    Prepare to be liberated ( with a judge )
    Also Look This Sneak peak from Jest up => Peak 7

All of the GM's I've dealt with have been personable and helpful. Why would someone be rude to them? Some ppl have no class...

And what happened at the beach party?

Originally posted by superfresh
    And what happened at the beach party?
    Which one?

I only work on Pluto so can tell you it was quite successful. A few of the trigger happy runners took trips to their login screens, Gaya Mines and Crystal Caves when they ignored repeated requests not to shoot other runners. This kept them away for 10-15 minutes at a time - this had the desired effect

On the whole, it was well received and and a lot of the runners thanked all of the GM's for their time in preparing the beach

Hopefully, there will be more

So, I see things haven't changed much around here.

OMG , I just went back to the discussion thread and after 3 responses pointing out the GM's are volunteers and unpaid one of the halfwits asks

"How much do they pay those GM's anyway? "

Absolute fookwit !!!

Originally posted by StormWarden

On the whole, it was well received and and a lot of the runners thanked all of the GM's for their time in preparing the beach

Hopefully, there will be more
    Cool. I wanted to hit the Saturn one but had other engagements. Great to hear it was a success...

Re original post-

Just an idea, but since it sounds like a lot of the offenders are rather young and ill mannered, maybe the GM's could do what a parent would do. Send them to their room. Spawn them in their apartment and lock the door and Genrep until they are ready to behave...

Anyway, the Crystal Cave thing is pretty funny...

Originally posted by superfresh
    Spawn them in their apartment and lock the door and Genrep until they are ready to behave...

Anyway, the Crystal Cave thing is pretty funny...
    As much as I would like to do that I can't... I just try to reason with them. Hopefully, that works

Edit------

Just so peeps know, we are not Zero Tolerance. I usually just ignore the odd comment and carry on again. It is when you get some real nasty remarks that keep flooding in.

I wonder if these people are actually trying to get banned.

Others like to take their frustration out by challenging me at NeoFrag (always a laugh Ever seen a tank in PA 4 with a Holy Lightning...)

On the whole, the population of Pluto is pretty laid back and if there really is nothing I can do, they understand
    Last edited by StormWarden; 05-08-03 at 17:07.

Father of the Lil Bastard Dirus's Avatar

I read the whole thing.. *shakes his head*

I bet Yakamo was one of the people effected on saturn.. and probably has a flame post in Snowcrash's original thread, or a friend of his/hers does.

I havent actually read the thread past Snowcrash's statement since I'm on leave for a while.

Originally posted by Sorontar
    OMG , I just went back to the discussion thread and after 3 responses pointing out the GM's are volunteers and unpaid one of the halfwits asks

"How much do they pay those GM's anyway? "

Absolute fookwit !!!
    As for Roop Dirump... I believe his/her last comment asking how much we get paid is his/her pathetic way of trying to say we're not even worth the free price factor that comes from us volunteering for these roles. Probably also a banned Neocron player, friend of Yakamo, and generally just immature.

All I can say is..

Children...
    Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for. A product is not quality because it is hard to make and costs a lot of money, as manufacturers typically believe. This is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and gives them value. Nothing else constitutes quality. - Peter F Drucker.

Originally posted by Lupus
    I read the whole thing.. *shakes his head*

I bet Yakamo was one of the people effected on saturn.. and probably has a flame post in Snowcrash's original thread, or a friend of his/hers does.

I havent actually read the thread past Snowcrash's statement since I'm on leave for a while.

As for Roop Dirump... I believe his/her last comment asking how much we get paid is his/her pathetic way of trying to say we're not even worth the free price factor that comes from us volunteering for these roles. Probably also a banned Neocron player, friend of Yakamo, and generally just immature.

All I can say is..

Children...
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast