Default Toshiba Satellite Sound Problems

Hi, as you could probably guess by my title, I have a Toshiba Satellite 2455-S305 laptop and I'm having a problem with the sound. For the first few minutes the sounds and music play fine, but when I cast a spell (not the first time, usually about the 4th cast) my sound goes out. And it's not just for Neocron. After my playing sessions I don't have any sound when I use other programs. It doesn't just happen when I cast either, the other day when I was lomming my monk, the sound died after about 10 mins. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if its a driver problem, or whatever sound card is in this laptop is not compatible . It uses SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio.

Thanks,
    ~Obsidion
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.
    ~T.S. Eliot

Default Re: Toshiba Satellite Sound Problems

Originally posted by Obsidion
    Hi, as you could probably guess by my title, I have a Toshiba Satellite 2455-S305 laptop and I'm having a problem with the sound. For the first few minutes the sounds and music play fine, but when I cast a spell (not the first time, usually about the 4th cast) my sound goes out. And it's not just for Neocron. After my playing sessions I don't have any sound when I use other programs. It doesn't just happen when I cast either, the other day when I was lomming my monk, the sound died after about 10 mins. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if its a driver problem, or whatever sound card is in this laptop is not compatible . It uses SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio.

Thanks,
    ~Obsidion
    canīt say for sure, but i have some experience with toshibas sattelite series. easy spoken - it just was not made for gaming

the sattelite series is more for bureau issues then gaming, hence has a poor sound device... and i think only a primary as well. hence it getīs into trouble as soon as music and fx are played simoultaniously.

but this is just a guess.

try the standards, get the newest drivers for your laptop, get all windows updates and get the newest direct X... maybe it helps.

Actually, your speakers are fine. There's a sound bug in neocron
    right now that's making speakers Crackle, Fizzle and Pop.

It's something to do with PSI monk spells, that's the only thing
    that trigers this for me. It's a bug in their mp3 decoder/soundcard
    compatibility with their software.

I think it's just another one of those things we all know bout,
    get sick of but put up with it in the end.