Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Leveling help for newbies.

To start off you should get a mission "very easy" and for YOUR faction (hit F6 to see your faction sympathy) get a mission to kill either ROACH, SMALL SPIDER, SPIDER, SEWER FLIES, SEWER BEES or SMALL SEWER RAT, I prefer the small sewer rat missions cause the rats are easy and for a newb they give good experience. The SMALL SEWER RAT drops pieces of flesh that can give you health when you right click it in your inventory and "use" it or you can put it in your quick slots to the right for easy access during a fight. Keep doing these missions over and over till you reach a faction sympathy of 38, it will take you a little while but you will level a bit too. As you're running around the sewers you will find PLANTS underneath the floor, there are places you can stand by the walls that you can hit the plant through gaps between the floor and the wall if you position yourself right you wont get hit by the plant some will be able to poison you but if you have some flesh to eat and heal yourself you will be ok.

Plants drop some fairly good stuff like LOM pills and Weapons, So if you're hurting for cash or you just need a better weapon I would suggest killing a few dozen plants and selling the LOM pills to the Drug guy in Medicare. Make sure to heal cause the plants can kill you with their poison but the good thing is you will level your Constitution fairly well. You can get missions for various plants by doing "Easy" or "Normal" missions. I suggest doing "Kill BANEFULL PLANT" missions cause they are easier to find.

Once you have hit a faction sympathy of 38 or more and have a good weapon that does quite a bit of damage to SMALL SEWER RATS, you can move onto the Abandon cellar level 4 and do "Hard" missions to "Kill AGGRESSOR CAPTAINS" (I suggest being in a team to do this) in the level 4 cellar there are barrels and boxes you can use for cover. The mobs inside can kill you fairly fast if you donít play it smart (Shoot, hide and heal. Repeat). The mobs in the level 4 cellar drop some good loot; you can make very good money and experience in here by picking up the bone enforcements and the weapons. They drop stuff that heal you too, they drop med kits, milk, grape juice, trash-orange/lime and they drop alcohol too but you donít want to take that cause it will get you drunk and mess up the way you see and walk so you might get killed. Do a bunch of these missions cause they will level the skills your character cant level just by killing things, these missions give you 250 experience points in all skills for killing 5 of them.

After you have made 100,000 credits or more you might want to buy a Hovertech. A hovertech is a vehicle you can use to get around the wastelands quickly. You need Intelligence level 10 and Vehicle use of 25, Buy this point you should have more than enough skills to use a hovertech (unless you are a tank you will have to do missions to level your intelligence).

This step gets dangerous but is well worth it.

After you have a Hovertech you might want to head out to the Military Base (hit F9 and click on world map the military base is in the far upper right). Make sure you arenít an enemy faction of City Mercs cause if you are you will have the guards shooting at you. You will have to take the subway to the outzone once you get to the outzone subway stop get off and head down the ramp and hang a left keep heading straight. You will find a Gene replicator right around the corner from where you synchronized, Activate it and every one you see on the way to the military base cause if you die...well...it sucks to start all the way back at the city. Once you reach the military base go inside and activate the GeneRep. Just north of the military bases entrance there is a bunker at this bunker there are a variety of high-level enemies but the bunker will keep you safe from the carnage and there are usually always a team out there you can ask to join. Here you will level very fast if you have a good team. These mobs drop very good loot and will make you good cash.

By this time you will have either met a lot of people and got some useful tips or you might have been recruited to a clan, this game has a lot of things to hunt and a lot of places to explore so have fun.

There are bigger and badder mobs out there like Hazard worms, Grim Prosecutors, Hopers, Soul clusters, Doom Reapers and many more, But these guys you will have to learn on your own

This is the way I have leveled many characters and it works fairly well. I have leveled a few characters across a couple servers to level 50 and higher in a pretty short time (few weeks). I hope this will help you enjoy your stay on Neocron and make your gaming experience FUN!

After all it is a video game

We're all here to have fun.

sHaKeY (Pluto)

A.K.A. <---Im with stupid (Saturn)

For more info take a look at this thread
    Last edited by sHaKeY; 04-02-03 at 03:29.

I donít think missions are all that important early on. The time it takes to get one and find the target can be spent on killiing more MOBs.

I just go straight for the plants that spawn in VIA sewers. Supper easy to kill and way above a starting characters level so they give lots of XP and Credits. They also drop really good loot, like LoM pills, Electro Shockers, Combat Knives, Claws and even Swords

By the time you start thinking about leveling your secondary stats, and therefore thinking about doing missions, you will notice that your faction sympathy has gone up quite a bit on its own. Enough to do the Hard or even Very hard missions.

there is a sewer 1 in plaza 4 that has a citycom right next to the entrance and there is ALWAYS small spiders, very easy to get kill small spider mission and kill 5 rince and repeat. so it wont make and difference if you do missions early on or later. its how ive lvled since beta so i just thought ide share it. over all it is up to the player to do what they want im just giving them a suggestion

sorry for double posting but in the main thread above i said the military base is in the far upper right, thats wrong. Its in the far upper Left.

i must have dyslexia lol

sHaKeY - - thats the best advice I've read on here in a long time - perfect for beginners. Where is the enterance for Abandened cellar level 4???. I have got to the stage now where I am gonna buy a vehicle and go up to the military base.

You should think about putting it in the player guides section.

Kitty

The abandon cellar 4 is in the diamond realstate in plaza 1 there is also one in plaza 2 in the Archer & Wesson.

Thanx

for the abandoned cellar 4 take some aggie missions. you can find em in the hard ones more XP and 1500nc gain just for killin mob you would kill anyway.

BTW it make sence to take missions from the beginning as you gain XP for every skills. i don't know how a startin tank would gain psi and int XP without doing mission in the beginning. after a while when you go to lvl 4 you can team up but not in the lvl1 sewers. so start with missions.

Also - for mid level characters - the storage rooms in the industrial section are probably the best (if tough) way to make money and exp.

(i still use them if i need money fast...)

Parker

Smile yey

looking goood
    Niklas

Why do these guides keep saying that the KILL SMALL SEWER RAT is the best one to take?
    You should try and kill a rat with a brand spanking new spy! When you finally kill the damn thing after 3-4min of slashing, it better hold some meat, or else you health is more then half gone.

It's true that small sewer rat is pretty easy when youíre a tank, but not everybody starts out as one!

Spies and PE's should stick to spider missions. These are easy to kill, easy to see, and don't run around like the roach does.
    BTW why did KK dump the Kill Fierce Poisonses Spider mission? Granted, it was a bit much the it was a hard mission that a Spy could do after something like 1-2 hours of gameplay, but I liked it because of the fact that they where big and yellow and you could see then a mile away
    ďGive a man a fire and heís warm for a day, but set fire to him and heís warm for the rest of his lifeĒ

What ever works for you.

This way works well with any class, keep the meat in you quick slots so you can pop em as your slashing.

Originally posted by The Nought
    Why do these guides keep saying that the KILL SMALL SEWER RAT is the best one to take?
    You should try and kill a rat with a brand spanking new spy! When you finally kill the damn thing after 3-4min of slashing, it better hold some meat, or else you health is more then half gone.

It's true that small sewer rat is pretty easy when youíre a tank, but not everybody starts out as one!
    Maybe its because you can actually kill the small sewer rat without taking any damage at all?

If you play it smart, you just keep it out of range, but close enough so YOU can hit it, but not the other way around... If it comes for you, you just backpedal and slash away until it dies. It is possible to kill it with your starting knife like this without taking a single hit. Trust me, thats the way I worked my faction sympathy up to 70 in 2 days starting out as a spy. Just taking kill small sewer rats...

Killed a few of those small sewer rats, not to easy but doable

Started a tank though in the outzone, shure wonder how i'm going to get by the mutants there, i die in a few hits

missions are very important at low level to develop skills such as PSI use as a tank to be able to use heal

I feel this guide works very well, thats why i wrote it. it worked for me lvling all of the classes.
    Last edited by sHaKeY; 17-04-03 at 06:18.
    sHaKeY : Terra/pluto [eXo]/[Deathrow Grimbrothers]
    Shakez: Bonechewer>WoW
    Beta's :: For us who like games
    How much are you worth?
    Good space sim Old for me...new for you..maybe

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast