Default NeocronLauncher not working on linux (wine)

I'd like to visit again but the launcher now really really really doesn't want to work with WINE any more. Could someone just upload the fully patched client to bittorrent please?

I'm not familiar with WINE, but have you tried to update the Launcher with the "Update.bat" (Launcherfolder /_nclapp)?

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Just tried... but why would that work? I don't want to update the launcher. I want to circumvent it. I know that Neocron runs on wine, because it always did before the new launcher came along.

The Launcher is updating the Client - It's the 'pipeline' (I'm sure a DEV could explain it better...).
    By using the update.bat you don't have to open the launcher at all, but the .bat will update your clients.

The old launcher was ditched, because it was not state of the art anymore.
    The new launcher grants more speed and the ability to update Neocron way faster and easier - Before the new launcher was introduced a DEV had to create an update by hand, now it's just a click.

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Yes I know. The change was a long time coming. I'll open a bug report on on winehq. Is there no old ... manual way to do all this any longer?

TANGENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Xeno LARD's Avatar

I managed to get it rendering in wine a few weeks ago but none of the buttons worked. The client I got working in the end. I had a friend send me their install and I had to do loads of cocking around with... things. I'll see if I can dig up the wine prefix