Default Weapon Rebalance 2020 (Part 3 - PSI) (Live on PTS)

Hey Runners,

Rare Weapon Rebalance (Part 3 – PSI Damage)

Aim:

PSI damaging APU modules have had some changes to make them feel more distinctive between modules. As well as this the range of APU modules was generally too high so has been reduced to around pistol range, ball blast and lance however now take a long-range role with higher range then any original module to make up for this. Chose the right module for the occasion!

Ball: Frequency lowered substantially but damage per shot raised to compensate.

Ball Blast: Range improved to represent its mortar like function, frequency lowered substantially but damage per shot raised to compensate (hits are currently bugged and not always registering so looking into that)

Lance: Range improved to make it a long-range psi module, frequency lowered moderately and damage per shot raised to compensate.

Beam: Frequency lowered by a small amount but damage per shot increased to compensate.

Halo & Bolts & Barrels: Frequency remains the same.

These changes bring some needed variety into APU, with some modules hitting harder and slower, whereas some hit faster and lighter to suit different playstyles and make levelling an APU more exciting.

Frozen: Sound effects changed from the anti / high pitch sounds to more appropriate fire / energy sounds depending on which suits best.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to drop them below.

Update Specifics:
    • Note that damage change relates to its overall damage output and not damage per shot.

Element
    Change %
    Damage %
    Range %
    Frequency %
    Energy Ball -21% -28% -51%
    Energy Lance -19% -32% -39%
    Energy Ball Blast 132% 63% -45%
    Energy Halo -10% -25% 0%
    Energy Barrel -10% -9% 0%
    Energy Beam -2% -20% -11%
    Energy Bolt -4% -3% 0%
    Energy Multi Energy Bolt -15% -25% 0%
    Energy Bolt 15% -23% 0%
    Energy Multi Lightning Bolt 0% -31% 0%
    Fire Ball 15% -31% -51%
    Fire Ball Blast 38% 51% -45%
    Fire Lance 16% 59% -39%
    Fire Ball Blast 78% 56% -45%
    Fire Halo 15% -35% 0%
    Fire Barrel -1% -9% 0%
    Fire Beam 9% -21% -11%
    Toxic Ball 21% -33% -51%
    Toxic Lance 19% 56% -39%
    Toxic Ball Blast 57% 53% -45%
    Toxic Halo 29% -37% 0%
    Toxic Barrel 7% -10% 0%
    Toxic Beam 5% -38% -9%
    Frozen Ball 1% -27% -51%
    Frozen Lance 1% 67% -39%
    Frozen Ball Blast 170% 65% -45%
    Frozen Halo 5% -31% 0%
    Frozen Barrel -21% -20% 0%
    Frozen Beam 17% -20% -9%
    Frozen Bolt 3% -26% 0%
    PSI Psi Attack 17% -28% 0%

Anti Type
    Values
    Range %
    Anti Heal 146 -> 140 -4%
    Anti Deflector 144 -> 140 -3%
    Anti Absorber 145 -> 140 -3%
    Anti Protector 146 -> 140 -4%
    Unprotector 213 -> 170 -21%

The above values are for the highest TL, for lower TL the values are Holy: 140 / Blessed: 120 / Crahn: 100

Chart of old vs new damage output: https://imgur.com/a/kcm1uph
    Last edited by Virtus; 05-07-20 at 01:08.
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Drop that weapon!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Updated table in post #1:

• Range increased by ~30% from initial changes
    • APU Damage scale modifier increased = all APU modules increased damage

Added chart to visually show the differences.
    Last edited by Virtus; 02-07-20 at 05:56.
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I have also been asked about stealth changes to weapons that are not listed.

The only intentional changes that have been made have been documented in these forum posts, if you noticed any other changes or suspect changes please inform me as they are not intentional and need to be addressed.
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

Post #1 updated: Frozen sound effects changed from the Anti / High pitch sounds to more appropriate fire / energy sounds depending on which suits best.
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

Item descriptions for energy, fire, poison and frozen modules have been updated to reflect the type of module and its characteristics
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

Post #1 updated: Anti range reduced by an average of 7%
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

Would you consider introducing a rare poison beam to complete the set? Its a while since I've logged in, but as a player who always had an APU as main, it was something I longed for.

That's actually a thing already for a few years now, I'll include a link to it from THN: https://db.techhaven.org/en/show-item/holy-caustic-rain

In the future, once I'm happy with balance, I would also like to add more rare / introduce woc psi modules as they only have beam & barrel variants currently.
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    That's actually a thing already for a few years now, I'll include a link to it from THN: https://db.techhaven.org/en/show-item/holy-caustic-rain

In the future, once I'm happy with balance, I would also like to add more rare / introduce woc psi modules as they only have beam & barrel variants currently.
    Rare PSI lances

My go to was the "ball" of "lance" as any rare added would fill the higher TL gap in APU single target and therefore do more damage. So I figured the most damaging psi modules should require LoS.

Haven't given it any more thought than that at this point though.
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

can you guys please check the reverse lom vendor he doesnt have any stock left

many thanks

There is an altar to the Ceres Temple, where you can cap your character by doing the mission from the "Super Hard Mission Guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Blood View Post
    can you guys please check the reverse lom vendor he doesnt have any stock left

many thanks
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«