Default PvP: WOC 2 - Suit/Underwear

Hello everyone!

Wisdom of Ceres - Level 2

Pretty quick and simple idea I would like to throw out there. Currently Woc 1/3 Power Armors offer so great bonuses that people don't really run non-PA Underwear/suit anymore. I was thinking that to help fight the abundance of Power armor users running around we could introduce a Level WOC 2 Underwear/suit that would give similar stats as the PA (perhaps different resistances) to help match the PA counterpart.

This is really an attempt to get back the little character customisation that we have in-game and get out of this "Ceres clone wars" we have got going on. The downside to this solution is that people would have to level-up to WOC 2 to have a PvP ready character without a Power Armor.

Let me know what you think about this!

What stats you would expect on those items?

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Think it's a slippery slope as then what about camo? holo? regants? All these are then outdated when others get upgraded.

I think the WoC armours should be pulled down again as right now they are too strong. I'd like to see both woc 1 & 3 have the same stats and match the 115 silver PAs.

I have heard from numerous people they don't want to level to woc, especialy if they have more then 1 char and right now WoC feels like a requirement as you are hindering not wearing the pa (in most builds). This suggestion just makes that worse.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

In the current buildmeta you cant really remove the + weaponskill cause it is way to important for most classes.
    It also doesnt really matter, if the pa or the underwear buttplug gets you those skills.

removing the movementspeed malus cause of you wearing a lighter amorversion than the heavy pa but lowering the resists by 1/4 and also probably changing them, no piercing but other resists?

115 Wisdom of Ceres Silver Heavy Combatsuit S-50 STR: 110 WoC STR: 1 Class: Tank
    STR: +5 H-C: +41 DEX: -4 AGL: -16 ARMOR: +76.0 pierce +76.0 force - fire +92.0 energy - xray - poison

110 Wisdom of Ceres pink underwear STR: 110 WoC STR: 2 Class: Tank
    STR: +0 H-C: +38 DEX: -0 AGL: -0 ARMOR: +0 pierce +55.0 force - fire +40.0 energy +30 xray +20 poison

no str bonus, so no dex malus, less weaponskill, no runspeed malus, different resists but in total lower.

Otherwise an update on all existing amors would be better

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Think it's a slippery slope as then what about camo? holo? regants? All these are then outdated when others get upgraded.

I think the WoC armours should be pulled down again as right now they are too strong. I'd like to see both woc 1 & 3 have the same stats and match the 115 silver PAs.

I have heard from numerous people they don't want to level to woc, especialy if they have more then 1 char and right now WoC feels like a requirement as you are hindering not wearing the pa (in most builds). This suggestion just makes that worse.
    You need Woc 1 on most classes anyhow, not only for the pa. Monk gloves, pistols, rifles, melees so that shouldnt be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post

I understand. PvE levelling is another topic of its own as, in my humble opinion, it takes too much time to level up considering the fact that since Neocron is free people will roll multiple chars and usually don't commit to one only anymore.

As for the WoC 2 requirement, I agree that such a strong item would be mandatory to own, the reason I felt putting it there was that the item would be a better option to the Power Armor. Another way we could approach this is to match WoC PA with regular PA and have the underwear not be WoC at all, making WoC a purely "Hey-I-wanna-look-cool" cosmetic reward, but you would need to strip WoC reqs. on weapons that currently have one as well not to force people into it, but that's another debate entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Neri View Post
    Hello everyone!

Wisdom of Ceres - Level 2

Pretty quick and simple idea I would like to throw out there. Currently Woc 1/3 Power Armors offer so great bonuses that people don't really run non-PA Underwear/suit anymore. I was thinking that to help fight the abundance of Power armor users running around we could introduce a Level WOC 2 Underwear/suit that would give similar stats as the PA (perhaps different resistances) to help match the PA counterpart.

This is really an attempt to get back the little character customisation that we have in-game and get out of this "Ceres clone wars" we have got going on. The downside to this solution is that people would have to level-up to WOC 2 to have a PvP ready character without a Power Armor.

Let me know what you think about this!
    I run a underwear apu monk and underwear tank and they both perform very well and just as good as a Woc PA counterpart for sure. There isn't really a valid point here.

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    I run a underwear apu monk and underwear tank and they both perform very well and just as good as a Woc PA counterpart for sure. There isn't really a valid point here.
    Let me attempt to make it up to you then. I'm not doubting that you as a player can beat someone whilst not wearing a PA, just as much as you might be able to beat people using non rares weapons.

However due to the fact that PAs add +40 in the main skill many, other runners will likely choose it over underwear & vest. The benefit I see to run underwear over PA would be the 'walking faster' feeling/smaller hitbox.

Thus offering an incentive to run underwear/suit might convince more people to ditch the PA and take advantage of character customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Neri View Post
    Let me attempt to make it up to you then. I'm not doubting that you as a player can beat someone whilst not wearing a PA, just as much as you might be able to beat people using non rares weapons.

However due to the fact that PAs add +40 in the main skill many, other runners will likely choose it over underwear & vest. The benefit I see to run underwear over PA would be the 'walking faster' feeling/smaller hitbox.

Thus offering an incentive to run underwear/suit might convince more people to ditch the PA and take advantage of character customization.

Yeah all fair point's and you summed up the reasons why i wear underwear.... faster/smaller hitbox.

I think if i had additional armour points on my underwear also i would be a bit too overpowered realistically....