former king of saturn

Default Spider Cave update makes droning non viable

The backspawn with absolutely no safe spaces does not allow droners to run this cave even in a completely full group.

Droners have to reposition constantly (every 2-3 minutes) because of the frequency and proximity of the red spider respawns.

Red spiders do not target your drone - they hunt down your body, even in a group. You can not save yourself from getting targetted.

I get that the cave is intended to be difficult. But there needs to be somewhere for a droner to be safe - even if it has to be cleared first.

Hey Divide,
    that is - highly - intended, so rigger can't solo the cave.

If you're in a group you should have enough backup from your mates to keep you alive.

And no, I'm not planning to implement a safe space for rigger, because it's not intended that you can just sit down and solo the cave, it never was, everyone who did used safespots aka exploits.
    Feel happy if you were not caught and got a ban or wipe on your loot.

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
    Hey Divide,
    that is - highly - intended, so rigger can't solo the cave.

If you're in a group you should have enough backup from your mates to keep you alive.

And no, I'm not planning to implement a safe space for rigger, because it's not intended that you can just sit down and solo the cave, it never was, everyone who did used safespots aka exploits.
    Feel happy if you were not caught and got a ban or wipe on your loot.

X.
    That's a bit, harsh. I'm very doubtful that anyone who obtained high level characters/gear have done so by not doing some sort of safe spot farming. Even people bouncing nades off walls were called upon for exploiting. It's OK not to want to have that kind of levelling/farming anymore, but we also then need an alternative for levelling that is working too. If the players don't have a fruitful way of gaining XP/gear, they'll find any way for it to be decent.

Safe spot PvE is a bit like masturbation, we have all done it but we publicly deny it to save face!

Remember that it is as "fun" for players to do safe spot droning as it is for you to see it being used. Additionally, team up very often means XP loss per hour. Perhaps we ought to find a system that rewards teaming up? 10% more per players in the team (seen that system is games like Diablo III)?

I think everybody understand "safe spot" in a slightly different way. What all definitions have in common is that all of them are spots where a runner (or group of runners) is (more or less) safe from getting attacked by mobs. But there are a lot of different aspects to safe spots that can make them very different. For example (non-exhaustive list):

1. Is it there by design of the map?
    2. Is the spot in theory reachable by mobs, they just don't (or rarely) go there?
    3. Is it an unsafe spot which must be cleared of mobs first (killing or hoarding elsewhere)?
    4. Do you have to exploit game mechanics to get there?
    5. Does the spot allow you (or your drone) to attack mobs without (or almost without) being hit?

I think if you answer 1,2 and maybe 3 with yes, one has to assume it is an intended safe spot. If game mechanics prevent that in some caves, then it isn't intended to exist in that particular case (here: spider cave).

former king of saturn

Xanthos I agree riggers shouldn't be able to solo the dungeon. Are there other improvements that could be made to ensure that is true while also giving players the ability to leave their body somewhere in relative safety?

I get the frustration about this from the administrative point of view. You create content you want to be experienced in a particular way and see players working around the design. That has to be infuriating.

On the player side, the countermeasures have resulted in content that is infuriating. People are rejecting the content. Each time I go another person who has tagged along says it's not worth the effort and does not return.

You want this content to be experienced the right way. We just want to experience it at all. We're watching other players sell WoC3 armor in game while knowing how they likely acquired it and we can no longer have a reasonable experience in the dungeon ourselves.

Why you can't experience the cave anymore?
    You could build up a team an go in to exeperience it, or not?

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The respawn of the spiders is a bit too fast now. If you are doing it in a smaller group with only 3 people you have to clear each respawn at least one extra time. But it is still better then all the time before