It would be really nice to see performance-focused update that would resolve some of the confusing performance characteristics of the Neocron client.

FPS in the client is limited to 90 regardless of maxfps setting meanwhile my CPU and GPU have so much more to give. 144hz (or greater) really does provide a significantly smoother experience.

FPS appears to suffer at times while there is no significant increase in GPU or CPU demand. The fluctuations are not limited by my hardware. The Neocron client demands CPU normally between 5-8% and GPU normally between 6-13%.

There is so much headroom here it's not even a question. There are throttles in the client which are limiting performance.

Aside from framerates there are the instances of frame dropping which can and do occur at the worst times causing you to glide off a cliff, falling to your death or straight into that mob you were hoping to avoid. These tend to occur when new actors or objects are coming on screen - players certainly and I believe also mobs.

I've loaded Neocron into a RAMdisk and run the game from there. I had previously assumed these frame drops had something to do with disk (texture/asset) access but taking that completely out of the picture did nothing to improve frame skipping.

It would be really nice to see both of these issues improved. I know Genesis/Tekktonic is a beast so best wishes to the lucky individual looking these over.