Lightbulb PvE: CityCom missions scaling

Hello everyone!

CityCom Missions in Neocron

Following a discussion on discord - I'm here to discuss citycom missions and their scaling. Although the title of thread states "PvE", this also concerns PvP players. The idea to properly scale missions (and possibly rework XP values) comes after I found out about the one we all love for her nice reward and incredibly sexy baldness:

There is also Morty, but hey guess what Morty: WE CAN NEVER FIND YOUR GODDAMN MUTANT SOLDIERS!! Our little friends Sam and MoMo' here are naughty, they offer you XP rewards that far surpass Citycom missions rewards.

• Samantha: 2300 xp
    • Morty: 6000 xp

To compare values here, Samantha gives 2300 xp whilst Very easy missions will reward you around 200 (both offering 'kill 5 sewer rats' missions). Samantha and Morty are great band-aids, however I was thinking Citycom could get a rework through values tweaking and to be on par with the thought behind those two NPCs.

This is really a rough figure of how the scaling would work - there are a lot of variable here (not all missions reward the same thing on an identical difficulty setting). This would be a first proposition for "Kill xx" missions only.

Level requirements would be implemented to prevent abuse of very hard mission (i.e tagging a mob with low level characters to finish them with capped characters). The scaling I've applied was to reward doing a higher level mission instead of x2 times the current level.

I've always felt missions were giving too little XP since NC1. Taking consideration of this, we could also imagine higher values but with more monsters to kill at higher level missions. The flaw I can see with this system is being able to cap low skills (DEX for monks or PSI for Spies/PE) really really quickly as all skill categories do not have the same scaling until capped.

Let me know what you think!

N.
    Last edited by Neri; 25-05-20 at 22:14.

I'll throw out an idea for 'Very Hard' missions that give great cash and XP. Make a mission to kill Boss mobs, IE "Kill Viper King" - receive 50k XP 25k Credits or somthing to that effect. Make 1 for every Boss Mob.

I like the idea, however i feel XP rewards are difficult to get right.

Just taking "Very Hard" for example: 50,000XP is good for levelling off skills (level 40 for example require ~49,000XP) but it does not even scratch the millions of XP required when reaching level 90+. Would be nice for it to scale of your current level and give a levels worth of XP to each skill (or half a level or whatever amount), meaning it would still be suitable for levelling all skills.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    I like the idea, however i feel XP rewards are difficult to get right.

Just taking "Very Hard" for example: 50,000XP is good for levelling off skills (level 40 for example require ~49,000XP) but it does not even scratch the millions of XP required when reaching level 90+. Would be nice for it to scale of your current level and give a levels worth of XP to each skill (or half a level or whatever amount), meaning it would still be suitable for levelling all skills.
    Indeed the scaling table was just a raw example. You are right in saying it would cap lower skills quickly (although by the time you get to level 45 you would have capped anyway, the point is to make it feel like a smooth experience). And for the main skills, should I have added another difficulty in the table with even higher rewards, it would have been very hard to put it on par with say doing AoE in 30+ mobs.

I have another thread coming on PvE diversity (AoE v. Singular damage), specifically during end-game.

I can really get on board with this suggestion, those NPC's are a godsend for early levelling on a new character. Would be good to have similar opportunities in mid-end game that provide competitive XP so you don't feel forced to follow the AOE meta to level quickly

Whilst the early missions are good and easily accessible, if later ones are introduced I think they should force you to venture further out into the wastes, the further you go the better rewards you get. That way it pushes people further out into the world into places they've not previously gone

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Bunch of great ideas indeed ! It's time we improve those terminal missions. Their reward is ridiculous.

Could it be possible to change the requirement for BR instead of sympathie ? It would make much more sense.

Boss mission that reward high XP reward would be great indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangClan View Post
    I'll throw out an idea for 'Very Hard' missions that give great cash and XP. Make a mission to kill Boss mobs, IE "Kill Viper King" - receive 50k XP 25k Credits or somthing to that effect. Make 1 for every Boss Mob.
    its a very nice idea.
    i also wish for a repeat mission option, so if one completes the mission a pop up comes and askes if one wants to repeat.
    or just bigger missions with 10 times the amount of kills and ten times the reward.