Default I think it's time to just throw this up on Steam

Not sure if you guys were still working on stuff before putting it on a storefront like Steam but I checked the Discord logs and the highest concurrent users over the past few days was like 12 people.

I think it's time to just throw this game up there as is and see what happens. I'm sure it won't do anything, but there has to be some final push to get a few more players on here.

I will admit I have no idea how hard it is to get a game up on Steam, so if it's a pain in the ass I understand why but it can't hurt at this point.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Good talk, guys.

You are welcome

While I agree game dire need some population because it can't function properly without tradeskill people, I don't think the game is in the state to show it to broader audience that is not familiar with the game. There are still issues that need to be addressed, like launcher not working in some cases, bad world data here and there, stuck in sync. Rest is just fixing the archaic systems - ability to despawn stuck vehicles, proper 3rd person camera, mailing items, shared GoGu, lack of feedback of getting hit, invisible attacks, attacks without animation, UI scale, lack of dungeons maps, mobs having 100% accuracy making kiting and using cover useless and so on. Zoltan can't do everything by himself.
    There is also a legal issue. Game was released with gentleman agreement, even if KK is not here anymore they still have upper hand for decision to release on Steam or not.

Releasing the game in current state rather won't do any good for now. Most common issues need to be ironed out. Starter MC5 and Tutorial need to be even in modern stardards, following by hand like making players feel like morons to the point it says "Ok, now do what you want, scram", to not be just for boomers. And foremost - Zoltan needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    While I agree game dire need some population because it can't function properly without tradeskill people, I don't think the game is in the state to show it to broader audience that is not familiar with the game. There are still issues that need to be addressed, like launcher not working in some cases, bad world data here and there, stuck in sync. Rest is just fixing the archaic systems - ability to despawn stuck vehicles, proper 3rd person camera, mailing items, shared GoGu, lack of feedback of getting hit, invisible attacks, attacks without animation, UI scale, lack of dungeons maps, mobs having 100% accuracy making kiting and using cover useless and so on.
    But see, that's the issue. These things will probably never be fixed. I think I heard this years ago when people asked if this was going up on Steam and it was the same response. "It'll go up when we fix these issues." Years later and the issues are still there. It's time to just accept the fact the game is not perfect and it never will be. It's an old ass game running on an archaic engine, people have to understand that when trying it.

There is also a legal issue. Game was released with gentleman agreement, even if KK is not here anymore they still have upper hand for decision to release on Steam or not.
    This I did not know about. Maybe that's the real reason why it never went up.

Releasing the game in current state rather won't do any good for now. Most common issues need to be ironed out. Starter MC5 and Tutorial need to be even in modern stardards, following by hand like making players feel like morons to the point it says "Ok, now do what you want, scram", to not be just for boomers. And foremost - Zoltan needs help.
    Zoltan needs help, yes, but being a realist here and I'll say he'll never get the help he needs at this point.

Hello, i want to play again and craft. I'm wondering if all my characters still exist