Default Changes buried under changes

A lot has happened. Armor, implants, I've heard weapons are also balanced as well. To whatever degree they can be (besides melee weapons)

I've been digging through a few years worth of threads. I was wondering where I might find the posts, or how weapons like rifles have been changed, including shotguns.. or are those kinda trash still?
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

I guess you could have a look *here* first.
    Man, I miss this game as it was in 2002/2003 before Neocron 2 came along and screwed it all up. Good times.
    I LIKE YOU!
    (when i rule the world your deaths will be swift and painless)

Is that NC1 project still a thing?

Or that NC3 tease or was that confirmed just a fake?
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

By the looks of things there's still some forum activity, but it seems pretty quiet. Never actually tried the client because I thought a few of the original driving force behind it were assholes.
    You never know though, it might be worth checking out.
    I LIKE YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Conduit View Post
    By the looks of things there's still some forum activity, but it seems pretty quiet. Never actually tried the client because I thought a few of the original driving force behind it were assholes.
    You never know though, it might be worth checking out.
    Oh wow, I didn't even realize they had a working client up for download.

Just tried it for a bit and I was the only person on though. I would totally play a lot again if the game was miraculously popular again, or at least had a dedicated community worth it enough to log in every night like the old days.

Ok.. so I downloaded the client today & made a monk, popped into the server (there were 6 people online) and the nostalgia washed over me like a wave. I guess they've upped the XP rates, because I got to level 10 in about 30 minutes, and it was fun running around the city remembering all the old places. visited the aggy cellars, Yo's, Pepper park and it brought back some good memories.
    Maybe I'll carry on leveling up my char for a while tomorrow too..
    I LIKE YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Conduit View Post
    Ok.. so I downloaded the client today & made a monk, popped into the server (there were 6 people online) and the nostalgia washed over me like a wave. I guess they've upped the XP rates, because I got to level 10 in about 30 minutes, and it was fun running around the city remembering all the old places. visited the aggy cellars, Yo's, Pepper park and it brought back some good memories.
    Maybe I'll carry on leveling up my char for a while tomorrow too..
    There's also a bunch of test server mechants across from the CityAdmin building that have pretty much everything for credits when need be which is a cool touch.

I never realized how different NC1 looks from 2.3. I hopped on 2.3 after in Plaza to compare and the difference is immediately noticeable.

I wish more people still played NC1, similar to how people still play OSRS and EQ1.