Default Neocron Launcher - Take a Poll

By show of hands how many people find the new launcher awful, buggy, hard to figure out, hard to install and overall poor.

*Hand goes way up*I think it's beyond awful.
    1. It sometimes takes 30 seconds to load on an i7.
    2. It sometimes doesn't load.
    3. The old launcher was way better.
    4. Neocron is nearly impossible to install nowadays.

Could you provide some more info, please?
    What is it you would change? Design? Function?

Point 1:
    I've just stopped the time (i7) : 23 Secs from starting the Launcher -> Loginscreen.

Are you talking about this time or the time the launcher itself needs to start for you?

Point 2:
    Any error messages? Any logs?

Point 3:
    Why that?
    The old launcher was designed for 56k modems and was pretty slow because of that.

The other thing with the old launcher was the pipeline to our infrastructure we had to struggle with.

Example: The new Launcher allows us to update the Gamefiles (aka Updates/Patches) easier and faster.
    Before we had the new launcher only one person was able to create updates, now some more ppl are able to do it.

Point 4:
    I've also tested the installation - No problems with Win 7 and 8 (both VM), and Win 10.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Mozencrath View Post
    By show of hands how many people find the new launcher awful, buggy, hard to figure out, hard to install, and overall poor.
    I bypass it. When I open it the thing just sits for at least 10 minutes before it launches the game. Sometimes it doesn't even open. I have to CTRL, ALT, DELETE and open the task manager to force it to open. It also doesn't fix my SFX file. I had to copy and paste it from the old launcher. I never had one issue with the old launcher. It also downloaded the game faster. I'm not trying to be negative but it truly doesn't work. Everyone I talk to has issues with it. That is probably why the server never has any people on it. Titan, 6 Online,
    Last updated Thu 19 Sep 2019 20:55 (CDT). I never see any higher than 12 to 10. I ask my friends to play but they look at the population and tell me no. It's dead. I say well, It's their launcher. I mean don't get me wrong it's pretty, it's fancy. I like the look and the style. It just doesn't work properly.
    Last edited by ThunderSix; 20-09-19 at 03:09.

@Thunder: Could you provide some info?
    Your system specs and the applog.txt?

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSix View Post
    I bypass it. When I open it the thing just sits for at least 10 minutes before it launches the game. Sometimes it doesn't even open. I have to CTRL, ALT, DELETE and open the task manager to force it to open. It also doesn't fix my SFX file. I had to copy and paste it from the old launcher. I never had one issue with the old launcher. It also downloaded the game faster. I'm not trying to be negative but it truly doesn't work. Everyone I talk to has issues with it. That is probably why the server never has any people on it. Titan, 6 Online,
    Last updated Thu 19 Sep 2019 20:55 (CDT). I never see any higher than 12 to 10. I ask my friends to play but they look at the population and tell me no. It's dead. I say well, It's their launcher. I mean don't get me wrong it's pretty, it's fancy. I like the look and the style. It just doesn't work properly.
    Tell me more about your system please. Is the game installed on a SSD or HDD ?
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Tell me more about your system please. Is the game installed on a SSD or HDD ?
    CPU: 8700k – 5.0 Overclocked
    Mobo: ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
    GPU: Two Geforce GTX ROG STRIX 1080ti SCs in SLI
    RAM: 64 GIGs of G.Skill Ripjaws
    SSD: 960 EVO M.2 - Two other 12 terabyte drives

CPU: 8700k – 5.0 Overclocked
    Mobo: ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
    GPU: Two Geforce GTX ROG STRIX 1080ti SCs in SLI
    RAM: 64 GIGs of G.Skill Ripjaws
    SSD: 960 EVO M.2 - Two other 12 terabyte drives
    Windows version? Latest updates? Activated copy of Windows or did you use an app? Legality doesn't matter in this question, what matters is do you have a third party app that could interfere with anything else.
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules ]

Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    Windows version? Latest updates? Activated copy of Windows or did you use an app? Legality doesn't matter in this question; what matters is do you have a third party app that could interfere with anything else.
    Authentic Windows 10 Home Build 1903. Everything is updated to the most current. Other programs I run are AVG, MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, Geforce Experience, Razor Synapse then the default Microsoft Windows Defender and firewall. I check for updates daily. Whatever Microsofts posts I have it. The same goes for Nvidia drivers, BIOS drivers, etc. I'm OCD when it comes to drivers and the latest program updates. I also have a certified computer technician look over my computer monthly to ensure that all my parts are running at tip-top performance. I run everything in 4k and want the absolute best experience with FPS. I also have some demanding overclocks but I'm not out of the abnormal. It's water-cooled and has eight fans and my CPU is delided. I'm just adding nonsense information, lol.
    Last edited by ThunderSix; 02-10-19 at 04:11.

Launcher works fine for me, I could boot up the launcher and neocron faster than I could boot up steam and a game from there.

The one difference to me is that I do not run always-on virus software or third party firewalls.
    For me those tend to actually break more than they prevent. Smart usage and manual scanning works well enough, also windows their build in protection is pretty capable these days.

I figured I should reply to the topic too, because if the devs only hear people shit on the launcher that wouldn't quite paint an accurate picture.

sidenote: It's actually generally a better idea to not update the bios unless something you're trying to do specifically needs a newer bios version. And generally those are things most users will never need. But I highly doubt this has any relation to the launcher being slow for you.
    Last edited by Wckdneer; 02-10-19 at 17:46.

Authentic Windows 10 Home Build 1903. Everything is updated to the most current. Other programs I run are AVG, MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, Geforce Experience, Razor Synapse then the default Microsoft Windows Defender and firewall. I check for updates daily. Whatever Microsofts posts I have it. The same goes for Nvidia drivers, BIOS drivers, etc. I'm OCD when it comes to drivers and the latest program updates. I also have a certified computer technician look over my computer monthly to ensure that all my parts are running at tip-top performance. I run everything in 4k and want the absolute best experience with FPS. I also have some demanding overclocks but I'm not out of the abnormal. It's water-cooled and has eight fans and my CPU is delided. I'm just adding nonsense information, lol.
    Hear me out....try removing AVG and see if that improves the times. AVG is cancer. Windows Defender is more than enough honestly. I run no AV at all on my system except for Windows Defender. I have had 0 issues, 0 viruses, 0 malware. We ran into issues with our launcher and some really heavy handed AVs (AVG and another one I can't remember) denying our launcher the ability to launch the game etc.

Give it a shot, if it doesn't change anything then you go ahead and reinstall AVG.
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules ]