Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Default State of the Game

Hey guys, been a long time. So, I found myself hankering for some Neocrack today and I figured I'd post here first and ask what the community thinks of the state of the game at the moment? I'd read through the update threads, but honestly it's been years and I don't have the time to do it

Thanks in advance.

The original Kane! What's up dude. In my opinion the gameplay balance is 100% fun, and perfect now. Mob health pool seems completely balanced across all level ranges now, AI wise and for the player themself from both perspectives. I mention this because in my opinion, when we take the weapon balancing patches jnto account, it feels like an entirely different game than what we were playing over the past 2 years. Its a huge amount of fun now dude. All weapons are viable now. Armor is balanced. All enemy damage types feel very fair, just and balanced. The player, nor the NPC AI feels like it's given any advantage in any way. Hunting all endgame mobs is very fun now. No more bullshit 89/89 or 120/120 health pools... No more ten clips worth of ravager shooting for a single firemob. No more one hit kill deaths from warbots combat mechanics that the player couldnt even see. Try it out Kane. I think you'll have a kot of fun and enjoy it.

That sounds great. Now if I could just figure out why my account is expired and how I can fix that!

And I figured that out, the game has certainly come a very long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    That sounds great. Now if I could just figure out why my account is expired and how I can fix that!
    With you expired account, login to https://www.neocron-game.com/Users/Account/LogOn and you need to accept the updated terms and conditions.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The fact that this game is still chugging on so many years later..... <3

Right? As someone who was there for NC1 and 2 through 2.2. I think this version is Neocron at its best. It feels like old school Neocron. Everything to do in-game is so much fun now.

Is it active at peak times? Evenings and weekends?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Is it active at peak times? Evenings and weekends?

Yeah, it has been! It's pretty dead off hours (mostly after 9-10pm east coast US) but from about 2pm-6pm east coast time player count seems to jump between mid teens and mid 20s with (rough guess) 10-15 real players generally on at one time. It could use more pop for sure, but it's not dead!

We had more than 20 unique players last weekend on at one time. I've also been seeing a ton of class diversity running around which is always good to see.

Agreed! It's definitely far from dead. I'm so happy to see that mob health pools got fixed and balanced out. Every new player I tried bringing into the game a year prior said it's because of that, they left. I can't believe how fun it is now hunting warbots!!!! ❤.

Still waiting for a Steam release. lol
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Yeah, game is in a pretty darn good place! I'd love double the pop but it's not dead. Mostly a bummer when I'm playing late at night EST.

Those EST times convert to around 6pm-7pm onwards for UK times I think so yeah thats all good. I wonder if NC should have a battle royale element....
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I will say I'd be in favor of some more pvp events. Or events that blend pvp with pve. Perhaps a scavenger hunt with some runners acting as antagonists. GM could dynamically reassign player sides to keep it pretty even.

Blowing people up until I got kicked out of events used to be my specialty.