Default Triple-XP Does Not Work, And Never Has

Hi guys! I'm a looooooong time player (since date of release). I first noticed this at least four years ago. I tested it out again this last time Triple-XP was on.

I know it is not on now, but I retested it the date it was announced. I'd have reported it sooner (years ago), but I was suddenly forced to stop playing due to a family emergency - and now that I'm back and retested it, it took me this long to have a break from work to report it. I can prove that this is the case. Double-XP works, and always has, but Triple-XP does not work at all. I'd be happy to demonstrate it in-game for anyone willing to follow up on this with me. Hopefully once demonstrated, we can get a month or so of actual working Triple-XP as a reward while I'm leveling my guys. Either way, it'd just be nice to have it working so that when you announce a reward, a reward is actually given

It's easier to get hold of me at my email, [Removed], than it is through the forum. I'm currently leveling a character named Neon Samurai in game, if you would like to reach me that way. You might also find me on as Quinn Mallory, or Jesse.

I've been a long-time bug reporter in the game, and believe me, I've tested this one out - I can prove it.

Thanks for any looking into it (in advance)!

Jesse
    Last edited by Bifrost; 28-01-19 at 22:11. Reason: Removed personal information

Triple XP is active and working (I've tested it myself).

How you tested it?
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Might want to remove the email address from here too. Just for security reasons mostly.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I tested it by killing the exact same monster over and over and over (literally thousands of times) before and after the XP bonuses. I'd be happy to demonstrate. Either the XP for the monster was cut to 1/3rd right before the boost, or I'm getting the same amount I always have.

Jesse, the LE XP malus goes up to 33%, is that what you are seeing?

No, Always had the LE in - and I'm comparing the before and after per-monster amounts on the same character.

I should also point out that the character has the exact same combat rank that it's always had - no change of equipment to force a higher level and get reduced xp (I think it's called XP-proration among designers) - this is basically a lab-quality experiment. I'd love to demonstrate it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Might want to remove the email address from here too. Just for security reasons mostly.
    I've done that anyway.

@everyone and @Jesse For future reference please don't include your account name or email address in posts.

While I'm here, the NST will only ask for your account name and maybe email address in some cases, but we will never ask for your password.

Edit: Getting back on topic @Jesse - Can you give your character and combat rank, weapon used and the name of the mob you are killing.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hi Frost - I'm sorry I can't seem to go back to edit my email out (I looked for the option, but it appears that you can't do it after there's been a reply?). I will get you this information and be back with it in a few minutes. [edit - Turns out I can edit ]
    Last edited by Jesse; 28-01-19 at 22:53.

My character name is Neon Samurai. Rank 31/47. I'm a Rifle Spy. I'm using a Tsunami Epic Assault Rifle with Explosive Ammo and Laserpointer. I have WL 89(with a +14) and RC 102 (+0). I am getting about 24k dex xp per kill on the monster I am fighting, which is what I always have gotten - and while Triple-XP was enabled, I was still getting the same amount. I am fighting a swamp strangler, rank 48 (yes there's sometimes a swamp squid, but I'm not counting that into the analysis, but it does bear out the original conclusion). The strangler is basically a meat-bag, I use it to test things out.