Thread: Psi Shield

Default Psi Shield

As of right now, noone uses the Psi Shield.
    My idea is to make this ppu spell an apu spell.
    Why? PPUs dont need it, because its just another mana drain. Apus could really really use some kind of working defense against mobs.
    It could maybe even give an apu a chance in duels, while i still think that the psi shield would be useless in opfights and group pvp.
    I really think turning Psi Shield from ppu to apu will be the perfect solution for a solo apu and for easier leveling

Did you considered Hybrids with a PSI shield? :P

Btw. It's PSI, not "Mana"!
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

a Hybrid can ALREADY use the psi shield. So i dont really understand what your Problem is xD
    Alright, i will test how the psi shield works with a hybrid with blessed spells, but again, he can use it already, wonder what is your concern there to make the psi shield a bit of defense for pure apus...
    right now, the psi shield is meaningless. Noone uses it. its simply a badass mana drain. Making it the only apu defensive spell will give meaning to it.

and i say mana, because everyone will understand. Its shorter than "Psi pool" and throwing "Psi" on every corner will people only get lost and confused eventually=P

and while im at it: it's "Did you consider" or "Have you considered". Yes, it's a common mistake, but im not a native speaker either;P
    Last edited by ulx; 17-01-19 at 13:16.

I would suggest tweaking the psi drain % versus damage taken as it seems to me (at least when i used it) that if you took 1 damage you lost one point of psi pool. This is horrendous.

If you lost say 20 damage (for round figures) per psi pool point this might be better. The drain is lower, do you trade off casting psi shield on yourself when being focussed by the enemy for additional longevity versus casting a holy heal etc in its place.

It could potentially add a different dynamic to a fight and also boost a Private Eye's defence at the same time.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

i dont want the psi shield boosted xD I simply want to put it to use
    PPU wont touch it, Hybrid doesnt really need it (i tested it on mine, also the blessed after the implant changes)
    I stand by my oppinion, that the only use that makes sense is if its an apu spell.
    The only (and very thin) layer of protection a >solo< pure APU could use...
    and possibly apu PEs (yes, they are around xD)

I like the idea you propose. I would only hesitate slightly in changing the name. It isnt intuitive to new users if it is a shield. It would need something else to signify who it is intended for. If the requirements alone were shifted over to APU this is a good start but people would need to know what it does. I have no idea how you make that leap though.

I think it is pretty naff currently though.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Maybe it could also drain psi from all enemies psi pools from a short distance, up to 50% of their total pool is added to the apu's psi pool over the duration of psi shield, so it would be like an energy vampire. Or would that be overpowered? I don't see the point in the psi shield, I've never tried it myself and I only assume that incomming damage causes the psi pool to drain point for point, that sounds like a easy way to get killed in pvp as a monk.

i tried it on my blessed pe lately. With enough psi boosters it makes you very very hard to kill

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    i tried it on my blessed pe lately. With enough psi boosters it makes you very very hard to kill
    jesus christ are we to now expect the mass adoption of psi shield in its current form?

I hope not...

The apu class needs an offensive defence, offensive meaning they must drain other players of their energy within a SHORT range, so psi shield could be reworked in such a way that it bleeds hitpoints from target, i really do not like the idea of people just being able to spam psi boosters and stam boosters to survive when they are already strong enough.

ok so not tldr...

make psi sheild into energy vampire, energy vamps are like offensive heals, they steal from target/targets the should have diminishing returns, so if the target is at 50% hitpoints it will stop leeching, that is how i'd personally like the pure apu to have some sort of defence while solo, it could maybe work against mobs also.

edit: I also see no reason it would be over powered considering the uber low defences of the APU, it would just give them some survivability, just a second or two... So we need more defence for them actually, but not too much.

I like my idea of vampire style attacks that can leech from targets defences, after all the APU is a master of the mind, it should be able to do this and a maybe more...

So apu needs some defence love because it is shit and no one wants to play a class that just dies, so give them 60% of the targets buffs that they cast a special spell onto, give them 50% (plucking numbers out my ass) of the resists and an offensive heal compareble and up to the tl 10 heal, so thats 11 heal per tick? That is providing they land the cast.

The closer the apu is to the target the greater the affect, the futher away from the target the affect diminishes, so like a raygun it becomes useless if the apu is out of a short range, but close up they will eat them for breakfast, this provides a counter measure while providing legit mechanics to give the apu a defence in a fight.
    Last edited by LiL T; 28-03-19 at 20:52.

Maybe APU would be just so freaking bad you would not want to be near them, they are on the dark side of Crahn, if they attack with this debuff in mind that debuff is very fast to cast, that would give them plenty of time to start their final engagement. Being close to their target they can read the targets mind and tap into their energy field and extract targets psi defence and consetup, if the target has a bad setup so does the APU, but APU will also tap into targets life force, each time the target heals they will unwittingly heal their tormentor the APU. Secondly the Apu can cast a spell once per 60 seconds which takes away 50% of the targets hit points and adds to its own.

This is just how a few games i played did it.