Default NCE 2.3.25-27 - Preacher's Choice

Gameworld & Content : Ceres Labs

13 years ago a City Administration Special Task Force closed and sealed all entrances to the Ceres BioGenetic Laboratories - Recently, Runners have begun to report back that the seals have since been broken, and the Labs are once against accessible.

• Re-opened all four Ceres BioGenetic Laboratories;
    • Fixed several bugs on the map;

Gameworld & Content : New Dungeon

• A new, unique dungeon, called "Mech Haven", has been added to the Gameworld;

Gameworld & Content : General

• Fixed a wrong Node in Geordis script (AMC5), he will now give runner the correct direction to find the Nomad Trader camp;
    • Fixed wrong format (german Tasha script, AMC5), umlauts are now displayed correctly;
    • F8 text (Missions log) updated for Job Center missions;
    • Re-applied the "Grim Persecutor" AI script;

Balancing

After many community discussions our starter profession pre-sets have been updated with the aim of ensuring everyone gets a better start to the game. Skills have been reworked to not only keep in-line with profession choices, but ensure new players have a guideline of where to allocate their skill points. Atop this we have increased the number of items a player starts with and reworked the items to give an extra leg up.

• Crahn 'Novice' Gauntlet has been given +3 FCS;

• All professions have had their skills reworked;

Code:
    Monk
    Hacker - PSI Skill points reallocated to 50/50 hybrid split & more agility points given
    Inquisitor - Enough PPU given for first heal, agility reduced and recycle added
    Preacher - PSI Skill points reallocated to 50/50 hybrid split & psi use reduced and given to hack, agility reduced and recycle added
    Scientist - PSI Skill points reallocated to 50/50 hybrid split, agility reduced and recycle added
    Smuggler - PSI Skill points reallocated to 50/50 hybrid split, agility reduced and recycle added
    Private Eye
    Assassin - Hightech reduced and given to rifle, recycle given
    Driver - Pistol Combat switched to Rifle (more inline with vehicles)
    Engineer - Construction reduced and given to weapon lore, recycle reduced and given to pistol , agility reduced and recycle added and recycle switched to repair
    Hacker - Hack reduced and given to weapon lore and hightech reduced and given to pistol combat
    Infiltrator - Hightech reduced and give to recycle
    Droner - Repair skill given and points from hightech reduced and given to repair
    Smuggler - More weapon lore given, barter reduced
    Soldier - More transport given and more recycle skill given, hightech skill reduced, hack removed
    Berserker - INT points split evenly between hack and implant, repair switched to recycle and vehicle skill removed
    Tank
    Driver - More vehicle skill given, endurance removed
    Soldier - Melee skill removed and transport given, hightech removed to give more agility and recycle
    Berserker - Transport reduced and given to melee, hightech reduced and given to agility, hack switched to implant
    Spy
    Assassin - Rifle and hightech reduced and given to recycle
    Driver - Pistol Combat switched to Rifle (more inline with vehicles) and repair reduced slightly and given to vehicle
    Hacker - Hack reduced and given to weapon lore and hightech reduced and given to pistol combat
    Infiltrator - Barter removed and given to hack, repair switched to hightech
    Droner - Barter removed and given to hack
    Scientist - Barter & construction reduced and given between research and weapon lore, agility reduced to give more repair
    Engineer - Barter & research reduced and given between construction and weapon lore, agility reduced and given to recycle
    Smuggler - Repair switched to recycle and extra points given to recycle from agility
    • All professions have had their starter gear reworked;
    • All professions now start with a recycle tool
    • Most professions start with the corresponding tool for any tradeskill they have

Code:
    Monks
    All monk professions now start with a TL3 Energy Ball and TL3 Heal, along with added first aid kits and stamina kits
    Berserkers
    Now start with an additional piece of armour
    Droners
    Now start with a "Drone Coupon" which can be redeemed for x5 starter drones

Technical & Client Updates

• Fixed "Animationbug", you will now see NPCs shooting again;
    Last edited by Xanthos; 23-10-18 at 04:21. Reason: added details
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Any clue on where the new dungeon is? Not E07 or F07 apparently...
    http://www.synth-soft.com/ - NC Implant Calculator
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

the dungeon in *Censored* behind the "locked" door that needs the chip from a mech to enter is a great idea....
    only problem is you made the mech hack only so for me as a solo tank i can't get access to it now without either a) training up a hacker/combat char or b) finding another soul alive on the server who just happens to be a hacker to come hack it for me and ofc trust them not to nick it.

I suggest that you make the cyborg one of those special classes of cyborg that doesn't need to be hacked as at the moment its impossible for anyone who is tank only to actually do the dungeon.

Don't you date say "team up with others" when there's less than 10 people online at peak time thats not an option!
    Last edited by Bifrost; 25-10-18 at 16:25. Reason: NCPD - Mech Haven location is currently classified, keep it ingame for now. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JustVisiting View Post
    Last edited by Bifrost; Today at 16:25. Reason: NCPD - Mech Haven location is currently classified, keep it ingame for now.
    ofc no problem but please fix the mob then so we can all access it

What should I fix?
    A dungeon is not supposed to be a single player instance.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
    What should I fix?
    thats unfortunate considering there's not enough people for it to be multiplayer

The new content should not be locked to one type of player is what he is getting at. If you gate it behind an obvious wall like a hacking skill then you alienate all players who dont have the hacking skill. It shouldnt matter what char/skill you have everyone should be able to access all content all of the time. If there is a requirement to hack something then there should be some sort of hack skill APPLIED to all characters within the zone to be able to at least attempt to hack the door/gain access to the new content.

In days of old Ops used to give bonuses to skills when you belonged to a faction which correlated to the op owner. Why cant this happen here? Just asking what you should fix makes me think you dont understand what he is saying. I hope this clears it up?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

What should I fix?
    Nothing, i like it as it is! There are enough places with easy access for ppl without friends, more than enough caves were everyone can sneak in and kill lower chars on the fly and so on ... i realy dont see any problem with the new dungeon!
    WarIsSeXy / Warpig / Makunta

You don’t need HCK for entering the dungeon. Another player could give you the enter item as well (would be to harsh for a PPU e.g.).
    You need HCK to loot the Cyborgs for example.

It would make no sense you have to hack in the tunnels, or in the wastes, but not the cyborgs in the new dungeon (at least to me).

No Dungeon should be doable by one individual.
    And by speaking of access to all content: a tank can’t access the HN for example.

So, where is the problem that you would need at least one hacker in your team?
    As a HC Tank for example you don’t spend points into HCK, but they’re still a needed class in different dungeons.

I have no problems to change things, but only if it makes sense - And „I can’t play it alone“ is not really a good reason to me.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

You don’t need HCK for entering the dungeon. Another player could give you the enter item as well (would be to harsh for a PPU e.g.).
    You need HCK to loot the Cyborgs for example.

It would make no sense you have to hack in the tunnels, or in the wastes, but not the cyborgs in the new dungeon (at least to me).

No Dungeon should be doable by one individual.
    And by speaking of access to all content: a tank can’t access the HN for example.

So, where is the problem that you would need at least one hacker in your team?
    As a HC Tank for example you don’t spend points into HCK, but they’re still a needed class in different dungeons.

I have no problems to change things, but only if it makes sense - And „I can’t play it alone“ is not really a good reason to me.
    got nothing to do with "i can't play alone" its got everything to do with "there's not enough population to do the content" ie: i took your advice and asked in help for a hacker, firstime nobody answered, 2nd time there was some smart arse cunt mouthing off 3rd time someone said they'd come and then never turned up despite waiting an hour.

when at peak there's 10 people online not all from the same clan and especially in a pvp game its impossible to do the content anyway so there's no harm in making it a no hack cyborg like many many others ingame already until populations increase. all you're doing at the moment is wasting time doing content that nobody can play.

I love the new "old" Biogenetic labs, thanks ! Was a strange feeling walking in there again after almost 15 years

Also like mech haven but would prefer a one time mission to get unlimited acces instead of having to farm the Alpha cyborgs just so you can enter every time (for example to get a belt back). Unless I'm doing something wrong or there already is a mission that I haven't done yet, also possible. For the rest it's very nice really.

Will consider a mission for it, but it could take some time, because I do have some other projects to work on first.

X.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Thanks a lot, yes I can imagine you have an insane schedule..

Love the new instances, a nice challenge !

My initial reaction was a bit soon I realised, now that I know the Alpha cyborg spawn isn't as rare as I initially thought I kinda like the idea and it makes the instance more exclusive. You can't just walk in through the door you need to put in some effort and there is a chance you never see your belt again when things go wrong. High risk vs high reward exactly how hi-end content should be. It's perfect as it is, a mission would make it way too easy.

The Cyborg has 10 different spawn points in the sector and should be spawned five times.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast