Default Unsure what to do..

So I'm a returning player looking to start playing this casually again in my free time however I've run into a few issues.

1. New account creation is unavailable and has been for a while now. Is this not a burning issue to be solved? I know it's sort of unlikely to happen but is it not preventing any new blood from playing the game?

2. I can't access my old account which is really frustrating me. I know the username, but for some reason the account name isn't attached to any of the e-mail addresses I've used in my life (3 in total.) I've a feeling I may have managed to override my old account with this one somehow. I know for certain I ran around DoY on my old account.. I'd give anything to have access to my old characters. /sex

3. My main issue with point 1 & 2 is that I really - really want access to an alt account so I can poke myself whenever needed.
    Maybe this a bit OCD, but the thought of being stopped from playing due to the lack of an implanter being online is really off putting.
    If I could dual log characters on two accounts I could crack on with playing with peace of mind..

Anyone have any solutions to this? Especially with respect to point 2. I am gutted about not being able to access my old account. Those characters are dripping in sentimental value to me. HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeLp.

Also worth mentioning.

I've been told by support nothing can be done if the website functions aren't working for me. (request password)

I can't look back through old e-mails on the hotmail account I believe the account was attached to.. as I discovered that hotmail decided to wipe every e-mail on accounts when they merged with outlook. Great.

If support cant help you I dont think the forum can. Sorry.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If support cant help you I dont think the forum can. Sorry.
    I was hoping to get a second opinion from someone really, someone who may have had an account reclaimed before or been in a similar situation.

I was also hoping to generate some discussion on the fact account creation has been disabled since June? IIRC.
    I'm aware the game has somewhat passed it's sell-by-date but surely that problem needs to be solved.

Disappointing as I wanted to play again but alas, the ship has obviously sailed.

I see your point but the forum is pretty dead these days. I still come here to keep tabs on things whilst at work but it seems even forum traffic has slowed to a dribble these days. If support cant make you a new account or something then I think you are probably out of luck. Your old account name wasnt necessarily an email address - this much i know for sure because i used names of other objects familiar and personal to me for my accounts and had a separate hotmail address for each one to be recovered to. All i can suggest is think of what your account might have been called and make sure it got migrated to this server (titan) as if it was on Terra or going back further than that to an NC1 server (Mercury, jupiter, uranus and saturn) then its gone for good.

I know you said you had a DOY char etc so i figure you must have upgraded to Nc2 but if it was pre-titan migration then you are probably lost. When the NST took over they had a lot of issues inherited by poor management previously. For lots of reasons (hackers/cheating/technical stuff) they moved players over to the new server (Titan).

For us as players this meant starting from scratch on the new Titan server. Terra chars were (for years) unrecoverable. Sometime later they let people access some stuff from Terra after completing a mission to be able to access limited inventories from terra and porting them across. For some this was fairly useless due to the timescale inbetween had meant that they had already replaced what was lost previously.

So hopefully you can see that a number of changes have happened to character data over the years. Merely having characters doesnt mean that you have access to them. This isnt blizzard with millions of dollars to throw at things like storage for when people have the nostalgic urge once again.

However, none of this answers your initial question - why have accounts creation been disabled? To that i dont know. i would suggest it must be for good reason but i wouldnt like to comment on Neocrons future if it now has a finite (and shrinking) population.

Hope that some of this provides some ease to your pain... (pun intended sorry!).
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Hey William, thanks for the response and the run down on what has happened over the years.
    I hear what you're saying but I'm sure the account is still alive with characters in-tact. When I plug the account name in to the login and guess a password I get an 'incorrect password - 1/3 tries remaining' message. This doesn't occur if you plug in random letters.
    Also as you know I had the character in DoY.. 5 slot libby on my PE in tow. I loved that thing. Why the account has detached from one of my e-mail accounts I can't imagine.. but it is what it is. I still have the best memories at least! NC1 in it's prime really was like nothing else I've played before.

To be honest, I'll be more than happy to level a new alt as soon as account creation is up again. But until then.. I don't want to commit to playing a session die; need an implant - and have to log out. I'd find it really frustrating.

I saw you bumped the Account Creation thread so thanks for that too. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on that situation! Whilst I write love letters daily to nukklear sweet talking them on NC3.