Thread: gentank gloves

Default gentank gloves

since gentanks have no use for psi gloves, i think they deserve gentak only gloves with h-c, m-c and r-c.

or just some additional resists.

This!

100 hundred times this!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Throgar View Post
    since gentanks have no use for psi gloves, i think they deserve gentak only gloves with h-c, m-c and r-c.
    Don't forget about adding P-C.

While i in general support the idea of gloves for tanks, it brings up the question why spies wouldnt get combat gloves as well.
    However, i have an idea for an alternate approach.
    Gloves that come with another item, similar to a stealth tool (as i dont see another way of how my idea would work).
    The idea behind this is to offer a small "buff" to the user that works like a Perk in other games.
    Biggest Problem for any close combat char is getting close without dieing. Pistol, melee, apu. For Apu however i came up with a different, easy solution that im about to post in a new thread.
    A 10,20,30 (tier 1,2,3) seconds defense boost that works like a shield and reduces incoming damage (from mobs) would be one possibility.
    Or an attack boost, that increases damage over the same amounts of time.
    Or a Speed buff, which lets you run at double speed for 1,3,5 seconds, but just in a straight line (or teleport a given distance). im especially thinking of melee tanks here.
    For every "perk" you would need the right glove and the proper device in quickbelt to utilize it. There should be "cooldown times", a nother buff, that has to run out before reuse the device would do the trick.

edit: cooldown times for using stealth tools would also be nice xD

Need to do some math for gloves (I don't want to create a "uber class");
    For the last idea: Maybe something related to nanites? ;p
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Nanites are crap, who uses them, seriously?! And im not talking healing nanites xD besides, look at the skill requirements. Im talking about something entirely different. Adding a new mechanic to the game, that you CANT use continuosly (psi effect cooldown) and that is meant to be used by tanks mostly.
    Sometimes i get the feeling you think this game has it all already.
    Especially you bringing up nanites just makes me wish for a faster launch of classic. WITH ALL SHITTY NANITES REMOVED

Buffs in general need to last longer than 2-10 minutes. If you want to make them more viable then start by making the application of a buff (anything) easier to do and last longer than 2-10 minutes.

When i say buffs i refer to things like primes (RC PC etc and Heat/Haz) and if you want to use nannites (urgh) then have these follow a similar application mechanic.

As long as the UI can display the time left accurately on the buffs and allow them to be self-cancelled or over-written by a fresh one then I think you would greatly improve quality of life for all players.

Reading these posts it reminds me of the wow ui. You might not like the game but in this aspect at least i think they have a good idea for how to manage buffs and debuffs. For the record I wouldnt want this mechanic to be applied to shields also (for obvious reasons) but just the main buffs.

I like the ideas above - cooldowns - because these have been suggested plenty of times, if you can do them now this will help no end i think.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    Nanites are crap, who uses them, seriously?! And im not talking healing nanites xD besides, look at the skill requirements. Im talking about something entirely different. Adding a new mechanic to the game, that you CANT use continuosly (psi effect cooldown) and that is meant to be used by tanks mostly.
    Sometimes i get the feeling you think this game has it all already.
    Especially you bringing up nanites just makes me wish for a faster launch of classic. WITH ALL SHITTY NANITES REMOVED
    No, what I meant:
    The stuff you like could fit into the "Nanite technology" - I'm not talking about the Nanite Heal or Resi stuff you can use, I'm talking about a new item, like the Nanite Tool, call it NanoTool, whatever, it's something you have in your QB to use which can give a bonus + a malus if you're using it way to often (it could use Stamina for a Tank and for a Spy it could use the PSI Pool for example).

In other words:
    It could be a tool injection (PSI would have no sense for a tank) which would grant a shield for example.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT