Thread: Wastelands

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Wastelands

Hello community,
    We would like to overhaul the wastelands a bit and we need your Input for this.

What would you like to change?
    What's missing in the wastes?

You want more or less spawn? Different spawn?
    You think another GoGu is needed?

Give us your feedback so we can create something great in the wastelands!
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hey X,

i don't know if you also mean something like Caves. But i'd like to see some more Caves like El Farid or maybe some new Caves would be cool.
    Also many Hoverbot spawns are way to close to the sync, so when you shoot them they flee into the sync and you have to lure them back into the zone and wait and wait, makes it pretty unattractive to hunt them. The 100/100 hoverbots are also buged, they tend to be stuck in place or if you shoot them with for example a vhc with rockets, they get pushed back.

Caves will come later.
    But I do plan to remove the roof from El Farid.

Hoverbots: That's what I mean - I hope I can fix those with a new spawn position in those sectors.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

New spawn positions wont fix the problem with rank 100/100, just remove them from the game and let them spawn as 104, 108, 112 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frell View Post
    New spawn positions wont fix the problem with rank 100/100, just remove them from the game and let them spawn as 104, 108, 112 etc.
    Which problem you're talking about?
    The problem with the sync line? This would be solved with those changes.

Or you're talking about the position when they fall on the ground?
    For this: I have to check the Hitbox, maybe I can adjust it a bit.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post

i think he is talking about what i mentioned, the buged 100/100 hoverbots!
    they just stuck in position when you attack them not matter where they are, around a tree or in the open, doesn't matter.
    plus you push them away from your position when you attack them with a vhc armed with rockets.

and please, fix my Appa, wrote you a pm and email! thanks

Kiss with DIS

A few ideas from myself - will add more if I think of any:

More variety of mobs - example: We only seem to fight mutants at low levels, I would like to see higher level mutants similar to the spawns in outzone, furthermore you could use a similar system where by players kill mobs and respawns get progressively higher level with a chance to drop tech parts.

There are plenty of unused buildings around the wastes that could be used as mini outposts for both friendly npc's and higher level mutants.

Make going to areas such as the swamps worth going to, again at higher level mobs which drop techs and other useful items.

Allow hackable boxes a chance to drop good quality gear such as weapons and armour - as well as a small % to drop a tech part, an increase of XP from successful hacks would also be nice.

Re-vamp the larger sewer area in PP3 - that should be a great place to level but its just pointless.

Give players a reason not to spend all day in El-Farid, there are other places such as the Graves, Crystal Caves, Chaos Caves and even the swamp caves which should offer a good opportunity for players to explore and level up at.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post

I mean when they spawn in group, they stay top of each others and don't take damage. it can take 20-30 minutes to shoot them before you kill them.

they are also way too easy to exploit for xp because they cant move and attack you back.

Just get rid off them, i bet it is a lot easier and faster to delete them than trying to fix them, there is plenty of other hovers to kill.
    Last edited by Frell; 19-07-18 at 19:16.

A new spawn point could fix this - But I will have a look first.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Kiss with DIS

Another idea/suggestion.

We have vehicles in game, you could create a mob that could only be survivable in a vehicle, perhaps creating a certain resist or damage type that only vehicles can resist - maybe a super warbot or higher level Grim chasers (or similar mobs), with that in mind they would offer more XP and loot at higher risk, repairing a Rhino is expensive, its even more expensive to lose a Rhino.

Also if there are only one or two zones allocated to these mobs, this could encourage some player to player tank battles.

Need to put the citycom back in MB Bunker!!
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

First, moving spawns away from zone borders. We can't have syncless world, but having a cell completely empty then going to next one just to stumble across several hoverbots is not a nice experience. Players should be able to pass around them or at least have time to react.

Then, adding some new places to explore. Wastelands are pretty much empty, but adding some interesting things like hidden bunkers, ruins, vehicle wrecks could spice things a little.

Supply boxes should drop some more useful things. It's pointless to bother searching and opening them.

Named world bosses with quests attached to them to go find them. Doom Harbringer/a named Grim Chaser/Drom/a named Mad Storm Bot/Enemy Faction named personnel with quests leading players to them to fight.

Put them in zones nobody goes to - like the beach near Mcpherson Factory, any of the three zones you used to run through to get to Regants, Jankins Lab, the Northstar Uplink and any other coastal or corner point (Eastgate Factory). Write a small quest line to highlight their existence to players and locate them and provide loot for completing the quest (hand loot to player at turn in of item - proof of death) and make them farmable by groups for large XP. This way you will give players a reward for the one time completion of each quest but also allow them to help other players complete the same by giving them a dose of XP for their trouble.

Make these bosses tough though. Tough enough to need a team of high end players and a PPU but make it so that theyre far enough away from the rest of NC to not be able to troll op fights or gank people going about their business.

Other general changes -

Move all spawn points for mobs off the reset position point and remove all mobs that spawn on or near zoneline boxes.

QFT - AlvaroT - put a small % chance of finding rare parts into hack boxes. Like a 10% chance or something. Make these boxes relatively (50+) easy to hack.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Which reward you would expect for a mission with „named bosses“?
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post

Move all spawn points for mobs off the reset position point and remove all mobs that spawn on or near zoneline boxes.
    wouldnt a serverside check on mob movement be more wise? the x/y pos where zoning starts should be known, so just prevent mobs from reaching the zone borders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast