Default NPC Balance - Coming soon

Hi community!

As this is my first post I should introduce myself as a fairly new balance team member, who helps wherever possible.

I've been quietly working in the background on tooling and my first tasks have been centred around NPC balance.

Now I ask for your help in identifying all mobs which aren't balanced. The more information we get the faster we address issues, so please feed me information here I can work through this list and put things right.

The best reports should include as much info as possible but at least the following; name, location and why it's unbalanced.

On a connected side note, the animations causing issues are also being looked at and will be fixed asap.

Happy hunting,
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Drop that weapon!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hey there,
    cool having you on board, welcome!

I gonna start of with;

Mob: Terrormauler
    Loc: too many!?
    Why: because he deals damage that is unreal, he does almost as much damage as the basecommander at mc5. and that is for a 72/** rank mob, well unbalanced i think. mobs like Doomreaper that are in the region rank wise with a 78/*** dealing realistic dmg and being a bit higher in rank are the way to go with Terrormauler's.

Got another that pops into my mind real quick;

Mob: Warbot/titan
    Loc: too many
    Why: again i think they deal way to much dmg for a 80/***(WBt 85***) mob. you aren't able to solo a WB/t as a WoC melee tank with WB Bane, or let's say, maybe if you are lucky. 90 out of 100 times you probably die, what i think is BS. you should be able kill them as it was back in the day as a melee, where you may had a harder time as a MC tank but you could do it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwillzocken View Post
    (WBt 85***)
    little typo right there, WBT's are of course Rank 88/*** =)

Thanks for the reports, I'll make sure they are on the list!
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

All mobs are having too much hit points. I use to kill warbots and doomies with tl 110 CA plasma cannon with 1 clip of ammo ( 10 shots) heavy weapon skill 225 ish. Now i have to shoot 18 times with skill 261 (soft capped 100%).

It is fine if you only have to fight single target, but when they are in groups and all of the mobs have double hit points, it becomes impossible to kill them fast enough before they swarm you and make you run away or die.

I think that is the main reason why there is nobody leveling with rifles, pistols or hc weapons anymore, everyone is using drones and staying in el farid.

I suggest to remove half the mobs hit points or half the mobs from the game so people can go back hunt mobs using normal weapons and not just drones.

@Frell: When did you test this last time?
    We have reduced the Mob HP with one of the latest updates.

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

Quote Originally Posted by Frell View Post
    All mobs are having too much hit points. I use to kill warbots and doomies with tl 110 CA plasma cannon with 1 clip of ammo ( 10 shots) heavy weapon skill 225 ish. Now i have to shoot 18 times with skill 261 (soft capped 100%).

It is fine if you only have to fight single target, but when they are in groups and all of the mobs have double hit points, it becomes impossible to kill them fast enough before they swarm you and make you run away or die.

I think that is the main reason why there is nobody leveling with rifles, pistols or hc weapons anymore, everyone is using drones and staying in el farid.

I suggest to remove half the mobs hit points or half the mobs from the game so people can go back hunt mobs using normal weapons and not just drones.
    i don't want to sound cocky, but maybe you should rethink your tactics when you have troubles killing multiple mobs, for example just pull one after another. i think after the last patch the mob health is realistic. and main reason for runners capping/wocing their chars at el farid is: it will always be the fastest way to lvl ae, and people just become lazy after char nummero X they have to woc.

not sure if this really belongs here, but it seems a hidden countdown timer was (re-)added to the mobs in Gaia Mine Boss Room (Regant PA run, Regant and Genotoxic Nightmare).
    It is really hard work getting those two killed, right now its all in vain because they despawn before we can kill them.
    The timer seems to be similar to that in the NCPD run part 3, where the Boss (cant remember the name right now, sry) and his companions also despawn after like 10min. For the NCPD run it doesnt hurt, but we need the loot from the regant pa run to complete the mission. Despawning is just wrecking a lot of effort there...

edit:
    btw i went to the boss room before the pve balance patch and killed the bosses, that someone else spawned i dont know when, solo as hybrid. When i went there with a team after the patch it felt harder to survive in the group than it was while soloing...

Since weapon patch killing mobs took 2 times longer, after added even more hit points it took 3 times longer to kill same mobs, now its back to 2 times.

This insane grinding has suck all the fun out of the game.

I haven't seen any new player staying more than couple of months before they are fed up all the grinding and empty server.

Killing mid level mobs should take seconds not minutes.

I would say , now it's more like 2.5 times longer with obviously 2.5/3x more ammo used with the time for reload / recycle ammo...
    This is just INSANE !!!!!! 2/3 mag for kill a /90 fire mob that can 3 shot you with ghost damage ( i call ghost the damage that you can't see coming or even the mob casting or moving , it don't move and BAM you get almost half killed...)
    It take weeks to get rares parts to construct a FARMING WEAPON and when you go hunt with it you do...... 2x90 for a Healing Light.... TL 110 REALLY...... / 140 per shot with a TL115 CREED HIGHEST TECH LVL WEAPON IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM!!!!!!
    I'm not blaming people who try to improve the game balance.... but this is just bullshit to use RARE weapon and do 100 dmg and need AT LEAST 2 mags on a /85 Warbot TITAN that 3 shot with ghost damages...

Thanks for the replies, I'm still working on this so keep them coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomTHX View Post
    ...... 2x90 for a Healing Light.... TL 110 REALLY...... / 140 per shot with a TL115...
    I've identified a number of weapons which fall short of the damage you'd expect them to output and I intend to bring these inline with others after npcs have been sorted.

There are also many mobs which will end up having hp reductions to shorten the amount of time & ammo required to kill, and many who do too much burst damage. The animation fixes will go someway to fix these burst attacks as there is an element of skill to identifying the attacks tell and making an evasive manoeuvre (obviously at the moment this isn't possible as you can't see them though).
    Virtus
    Balance
    Neocron Support Team

»Drop that weapon!«